N-Europe

83rd Academy Awards

Oxigen_Waste

So, it's tomorrow. Who do you think should win and who do you think will win?

Best Picture - Black Swan/Inception should win. Social Network/King's Speech will win.

Best Director - Christopher Nolan should win. But he's not even nominated, so Aronofsky should win. But Fincher will win.

Best Actor - Bardem should win all the way. But he won't because the world is stupid, and the academy will choose Firth without even watching Bardem's performance. Bah!

Best Actress - Natalie should and will win.

Best support Actor/Actress - Bale will and should win, but Rush was great too.

Hailee Steinfeld should win but she'll loose to Melissa Leo.

Best Animated Feature - Illusionist should win, but obvs Toy Story 3 will win.

Foreingn film - Biutiful. Will and should.

Best documentary - Either Inside Job or Gift Shop. Have no idea who will win, though.

Original Screenplay - Inception. But King's Speech will unfortunately win.

Adapted Screenplay - Winter's Bone. But of course, Social Network will prevail here.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY personal choices, were I the Academy:

Best Picture - I enjoyed all the ones I saw from this list, but only Black Swan and Toy Story feel worthy of the this title. And I feel like Toy Story 3 winning would blow my mind. If not that, then Black Swan.

Best Director - I've not listed Social Network anywhere else on this list, so maybe it should win this. Either Fincher or Aronofsky, in any case.

Best Actor - Colin Firth

Best Actress - Natalie Portman (by default)

Best Supporting Actor - Christian Bale

Best Supporting Actress - Melissa Leo

Best Animated Film - I would auto-choose TS3, but if it wo Best Picture, I would give it to The Illusionist.

Best Visual Effects - Inception

Best Cinematography - Black Swan

Best Costume Design - I Am Love (for the lulz)

That said, some of the nominees in the latter categories (and other non-stun categories) are whack.

I hope True Grit wins NOTHING.

I accept Hail Stansfield's nomination though.

Well, it deserves cinematography and support actress. And Bridges is cool too, but not the best.

Anyway, Colin Firth? You haven't seen Biutiful, have you? I mean, it just surprises me to no end that the jury doesn't have to watch the movies to vote. wtf?... GAH!

Best Motion Picture

Should win: True Grit/Black Swan/127 Hours/Toy Story 3 (for the LOLs)

Will win: The King's Speech

Best Leading Actor

Should win: Colin Firth (The King’s Speech)/James Franco (127 Hours)

Will win: Colin Firth (The King’s Speech)

Performance by an actor in a supporting role

Should win: Geoffrey Rush (The King’s Speech)

Will win: Geoffrey Rush (The King’s Speech)

Performance by an actress in a leading role

Should win: Natalie Portman (Black Swan)

Will win: Natalie Portman (Black Swan)

Performance by an actress in a supporting role

Should win: Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit)

Will win: Melissa Leo (The Fighter)/Helena Bonham Carter (The King's Speech)

Achievement in directing

Should win: David Fincher (The Social Network)/Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan)/The Coen Brothers (True Grit)

Will win: Tom Hooper (The King's Speech)

Best animated feature film of the year

Should win: Toy Story 3

Will win: Toy Story 3

Achievement in music written for motion pictures (original song)

Should win: I See the Light (from Tangled, music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Glenn Slater)

Will win: If I Rise (from 127 Hours, music by AR Rahman, lyrics by Dido and Rollo Armstrong)

Achievement in visual effects

Should win: Inception (Paul Franklin, Chris Corbould, Andrew Lockley and Peter Bebb)/Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Tim Burke, John Richardson, Christian Manz and Nicolas Aithadi)

Will win: Inception (Paul Franklin, Chris Corbould, Andrew Lockley and Peter Bebb)

I think this will be tough to call this year but I think The King's Speech will overrule all. I don't think it deserves Best Picture though. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie but I found some of the other movies a little better.

Best Motion Picture:

I want Black Swan or True Grit but I have a fear Kings Speech will win, blah la la.

Best Leading Actor:

I've not seen Biutiful so I'mma go with Jeff Bridges for who I want to win but Colin Firth will me thinks.

Performance by an actor in a supporting role:

I want and think Geoffrey Rush will win.

Performance by an actress in a leading role:

Natalie Portman

Performance by an actress in a supporting role:

Hailee Steinfeld was amazing and I want her to win but Helena Bonham Carter or Melissa Leo will win.

Achievement in directing:

I want Black Swan or True Grit but it will be Social Network/Kings Speech.

Best animated feature film of the year:

Toy Story 3 deserves to win and hopefully will win. :p

Edited by Coolness Bears

I just furious A Town Called Panic has been snubbed for Best Animated Film. In my opinion it is far more inventive and memorable than any other film this year.

Illusioniste > PaV. But yeah, french animation is awesome in general.

PS - any other film... you've seen, don't forget that.

Illusioniste > PaV. But yeah, french animation is awesome in general.

PS - any other film... you've seen, don't forget that.

I've seen The Illusionist, and I prefer A Town Called Panic. So that would be my choice for Best Animated Film, possibly even Best Screenplay.

But I think everything nominated this year is at least of a high standard. Last year made me want to hurt something... Hurt Locker versus Avatar? Oh dear lord...

I've seen The Illusionist, and I prefer A Town Called Panic. So that would be my choice for Best Animated Film, possibly even Best Screenplay.

But I think everything nominated this year is at least of a high standard. Last year made me want to hurt something... Hurt Locker versus Avatar? Oh dear lord...

The big shocker last year (to me at least) was that Inglorious Basterds wasn't even a serious contender. Oo

"Oscar worthy" has lost it's meaning, really. In the last 20 years, the only rightful winners have been Schindler, American Beauty and No Country For Old Men. And LOTR, to some extent.

Every other winner has pretty much been a lame "oscar bait" choice.

Well, they never really meant anything... most great movies were hardly even recognized by the academy, they're just a glorified semi popularity/semi integrity contest.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!