N-Europe

Fitness 2011

Beast

Kind of fell of the band wagon the past couple of days :heh:

For some reason it never seems to last very long though, before I metaphorically slap myself across the face and pull it together. Went for a run today and even though it was only Sunday the last time I ran, I think my body was trying to punish for some of the crap i've eaten Monday and yesterday, it was torture. It felt like I had developed a 50-a-day habit over night and someone was stabbing me in the side. I managed to get through it, started feeling great after 40 mins even.

Although i've no timeline in place, i'd like to be at my target when Wimbledon starts, which is the 20th of June. No particular reason, i just happen to know when it starts and it's like a month away :heh:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, had you guys tried different diets e.g. low-GI, food combining, low carb, etc. before sticking to your current diet?

yep done meal replacement, semi meal replacement, high protein, low carb, NO carb (ketosis) slimming world (which is a bit like atkins) and weightwatchers

I'm happiest with ww, i can fit anything into my diet with a bit of thought.

Ketogenic diets are VERY hard. One biscuit and its ruined for a week... (when your in ketosis you don't get hunger... one biscuit and its up to a week before you get back into it.)

bloody hell I did a spin class today. My arse hurts! Felt like I left the bike with the seat still rammed up my bum cheeks haha. It was my first class ever - didn't feel hugely confident in my ability to cycle for 45 minutes, let alone cycle and do the various routines throughout.... but bloody hell I did it!! (and a 10 minute warm up!!) I had to sit down on the pedal cycling a few times, but I got up as soon as I could.. (a lot of the class is cycling standing on the pedals) Loads of different workouts, pushups, jumps, speed cycles, lots of hard pedalling, and some really insanely slow cycling while standing up, resistence way low - so you have to work it with your own muscles!! - really works the control in the old legs. I can see how these classes get addictive, and how people can injury themselves without being careful. But I had SUCH good fun :)

my abs still hurt from my pt session yesterday. Gonna do some running/weights tomorrow :) Then pt again on Saturday.

Food wise I'm doing great too. Could be eating slightly better but i'm not going over my quota. Yay. Fingers crossed this week will be a good loss... because I need it. I feel like I've definitely lost a bit of width anyway... sometimes it just doesn't always show on the scales! I'll just go mental if I have no loss or a gain. I've plateau'd for so long and just got out of it for it to happen again :(

Just back from an hour of running (1:02:03), that's 7.58 miles to be exact. According to the Nike App on my iPod that little jaunt burned off 957 calories, amazed at how good it felt too. Literally felt like I could do it again when I finished.

Ahh don't think yo reeeeady, fo this jelly!

Does it come with ice cream like maybe Ben & Jerry's?

I'm going on holiday to Florida in two month time and I'm dreading it in a way. Last time I was over there in '08 and I came back with an extra stone. The problem is out there they put this stuff called high fructose corn syrup in everything like even bread and that crap carries a whole bunch of health risks.

Plus a "regular size" of anything is a supersized meal over here. Apparently the appartment we're staying in has a gym so I'll be hitting that every day to try and keep things constant.

Does it come with ice cream like maybe Ben & Jerry's?

I'm going on holiday to Florida in two month time and I'm dreading it in a way. Last time I was over there in '08 and I came back with an extra stone. The problem is out there they put this stuff called high fructose corn syrup in everything like even bread and that crap carries a whole bunch of health risks.

Plus a "regular size" of anything is a supersized meal over here. Apparently the appartment we're staying in has a gym so I'll be hitting that every day to try and keep things constant.

ahh good god american food ftl... so thankful I never need to go there!! lol

When we go over to the mainland we get double sized portions of chips compared to here... its just insane... And you guys in teh UK have the food ready to eat?! whaaat kind of shambles is that :P

We go to chippies over here and it takes 30 minutes.... I went over to Manchester a few years ago with my sister and the woman was like... "oh I've just put a batch of chips on... it'll be 2 or 3 minutes more, is that ok?" Not even 10 minutes and they were done... I was amazed!!

Need some halp guys. Looking for a yoga wii/balance board game. My gym is very lacking in that kind of exercise and I feel its where I need to go next. And I want to incorporate it into daily activity.

Suggestions would be lovely if anyone has exp of any of them :)

(I have wiifit and plus)

I've noticed that I am and feel quite lighter these past few months. I've been trying to get the diet right, cutting out some of the sheet that I eat. Snacking has gone out of the window. :heh:

I've been trying to eat more fruit and veg, and trying to work in more protein, particularly on gym days. At school, I've been playing football pretty much once a day, during breaktimes or lunchtimes with the kids, so that's been helping me get some exercise during the day. I'm usually knackered by the time I get to bed.

Football is quite under-rated as part of exercise. It really is knackering, particularly if its 5-a-side or something. The amount of stop-start-speedboosting included is great for burning off energy.

I've noticed that I am and feel quite lighter these past few months. I've been trying to get the diet right, cutting out some of the sheet that I eat. Snacking has gone out of the window. :heh:

I've been trying to eat more fruit and veg, and trying to work in more protein, particularly on gym days. At school, I've been playing football pretty much once a day, during breaktimes or lunchtimes with the kids, so that's been helping me get some exercise during the day. I'm usually knackered by the time I get to bed.

Football is quite under-rated as part of exercise. It really is knackering, particularly if its 5-a-side or something. The amount of stop-start-speedboosting included is great for burning off energy.

Very true about the Football. I do a lot of running during the week at a fairly decent speed, but it is constantly the same speed. I play in a 5-a-side league every Sunday and it's more cardio but at very different speeds. There's a fair bit of decent running whilst tracking the ball and what not but there's also a lot of out and out sprinting, especially for myself as I try to move off the ball quite often.

Very true about the Football. I do a lot of running during the week at a fairly decent speed, but it is constantly the same speed. I play in a 5-a-side league every Sunday and it's more cardio but at very different speeds. There's a fair bit of decent running whilst tracking the ball and what not but there's also a lot of out and out sprinting, especially for myself as I try to move off the ball quite often.

It really is knackering. Its the changes of speed that I think kills you, since you're running one moment, sprinting the next, stopping, starting again, etc. A mate at work is organising a kick-about every Monday, so I'm going to try that, to improve my fitness.

I play squash with Ine, but it doesn't get me tired anywhere near as much as football does. So yeah, that's my recommendation! Plus, you're too busy playing the game to stop and say "hell yeah, I'm doing cardio, I've covered 5km of ground, or something."

Since last year up until now, i've lost the equivilent of around 22 1/2 bags of sugar in weight, feeling better for it as well. Helps since i cut back a lot on what i drink a week, i don't eat so much crap food, i eat a lot of low-fat stuff and regulary go out for a walk (dog goes sometimes, if she's home). I used to weigh around 134kg, last weigh-in yesterday is around 112kg. Not a lot, but it sure makes a difference.

Thats without going to the gym or anything.

My target weight is around 90kg, so only another 22kg to go.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I lost 2lbs this week!! Who said eating less meant losing more! Damn them! LOL

I so needed this loss because I was really really lost in myself, my head was all over the place. But I've just realised that I've lost 7lbs in 4 weeks... :)

And I got on ze wiifit today and my "trainer" said my posture was perfect and I was scoring lots of "yoga master" and all that carry on :D Beat every score on the thing, and got a health age of 20..... bahaha :D

Just 2.5lbs to get into 17stone bracket. I'm aiming to get into 17 st 9.5 by the end of next month (into the 17s and single figures of lbs)

The little targets matter the most :)

Edited by Raining_again

I used to weigh around 134kg, last weigh-in yesterday is around 112kg. Not a lot, but it sure makes a difference.

I'm gonna say the same thing as Daft, JonSt and Raining: That's great. And doing that without going to the gym? Even more impressive. You've been very disciplined for a year. There aren't a lot of people who can do this. You can and should be proud.

tumblr_llzcqxPT511qky7yho1_500.jpg

Goafermegaprowinborderlineunhealthy Diet start!

between 600 and 700 calories yesterday.

625ish today.

I'm going to look like a crack addict by the time I'm done.

thinwin.jpg

Well done, just stick to it. You don't want to live your life look like the creature above. How grotesque!

(Just wanted to say - nice to see you on gen chit-chat Zechs! I've lurked/stalked you elsewhere on the board :P)

I've lost [x] weight! I did it by eating sensibly and doing casual exercies (walking from the train station to work and back 5 days a week...) ! [/on topic]

Another week has passed, no change on the weight front for me. Although i do know why, i'm being good and bad which is currently evening out.

I did a good food shop for the week today so hopefully a little bit more weight will 'fall' off me this week.

(Just wanted to say - nice to see you on gen chit-chat Zechs! I've lurked/stalked you elsewhere on the board :P)

I've lost [x] weight! I did it by eating sensibly and doing casual exercies (walking from the train station to work and back 5 days a week...) ! [/on topic]

Thanks, I do come on here occassionally! :)

That's the best way. Regular exercise and a healthy diet composed of fruit, vegetables and salad, and missing processed rubbish will set anyone on the right track!