NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I hope the price reduction for the memory cards comes through soon, I really want to get a new one.

Apparently they've been reduced by 20% so taking Game's current prices the 8GB would be £22.40 and 16GB would be £34.40. So probably £25 and £35.

Cool, then the 16GB is already £35 on Amazon.

Should still be cheaper.

Sony has since released a full list of its newly announced roster of indie games coming to PS4 and Vita.

The ones coming to both PS4 and Vita include:

Assault Android Cactus (Witch Beam)

FEZ (Polytron Corporation)

Final Horizon (Eiconic Games)

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital)

Rogue Legacy (Cellar Door Games)

Samurai Gunn (Teknopants)

Switch Galaxy Ultra (Atomicom)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis)

Velocity 2X (FuturLab)

Volume (Mike Bithell)

Wasteland Kings (Vlambeer

Vita-exclusive:

Age of Zombies (BlitWorks/Halfbrick)

A-Men 2 (Bloober Team)

Avoid Droid (Infinite State Games)

Broken Sword: the Serpent's Curse (Revolution Software)

Eufloria HD (Omni Systems)

Flame Over (Laughing Jackal)

Gravity Crash Ultra (Just Add Water)

Gunslugs (Abstraction Games)

Joe Danger 1 (Hello Games)

Joe Danger 2 (Hello Games)

Kick & Fennick (Green Hill Studios)

Muramasa Rebirth (Aksys Games)

Supermagical (Tama Games)

Table Top Racing (Ripstone)

Nice little list. It's a shame there'll be those who don't count them because they aren't retail games.

Weird that Minecraft is missing from the list.

Edited by Daft

Yeah but I think they're subsidising the cost of the console. The Vita costs the same as a 3DS XL, which is a bit of a joke.

To store a reasonable amount of games on the Vita you'll want a 32GB card, which effectively adds 25% onto the system's price tag, and even that amount of storage won't be enough for an avid player. The inconvenience of memory is the biggest barrier to me getting the system. Needing multiple cards is fucking ridiculous in this day and age, it just isn't worth the hassle. When I stump up a lot of money for a mobile device (tariffs aside) I expect that to be it, no mumbo jumbo. Call me an entitled bastard but that's the honest truth. Everything needs to be in one place.

I've got a 16GB which is pretty much fine, although a bit more would be nice. I could probably store maybe 4 full Vita games on and a few PS1 titles. It's an inconvenience having to transfer stuff, but I rarely want to access more than that many games at once.

So long as it's still mostly cheaper to buy physical copies of things, it's mostly for my Plus content.

It's something you shouldn't have to think/worry about. Before I buy the system I have no idea what my total expenditure on the hardware will be in the long run. For me it's all about convenience. Plus is gushing with Vita content now, it would be nice to download it all to the system and try the odd new game out when you feel like it.

Aye...unfortunately storage shafting seems to be the done thing these days. Especially with phones and tablets (the latter often leaving out the option of microSD support).

I usually find there's ample space for apps on phones and tablets, merely for dicking around casually. I'd buy a Vita for the more fleshed out games, but that's where the memory problem arises, because at this moment in time the technology isn't at the stage where memory is physically small but impressive in storage and cost terms. The market has changed. I believe demand for Vita experiences is high, it just needs to be delivered in a less shitty way. Apple wouldn't have put out this sort of product (let's not get petty over that remark btw).

Holy shit, Broken Sword 5 is coming to Vita. Not sure they could have made a quieter announcement.

Holy shit, Broken Sword 5 is coming to Vita. Not sure they could have made a quieter announcement.

Another cracking title, I approve!

funny_animated_gif_993.gif

Holy balls Killzone looks great and plays great in the beta. Up for Euro PS+ people.

Yep.

In other news Netflix app is here for the US. Hopefully not long for the UK.

I downloaded the Netflix app from the US Store at launch.

Yeah, played a bit of Killzone last night. It looks amazing and it plays as good as it looks. Really impressed.

That's not bad (relatively speaking...). I've had to delete quite a few games recently. I think in the end though I will just run out of space again 6 months down the line, there's not much point unless the prices falls to about half that.

When switching memory cards do you have to install anything again and do your bubbles all move? I remember reading about such issues when switching region accounts but wasn't sure if it was the same for switching memory cards. I wouldn't picking a card up for PSP games and one for PSOne games.