Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2011

Retro_Link

Valencia are apparently keen to sell but most likely it would go back to the beautiful A1/Red Bull ring.

I don't know what they could get rid of, but Turkey looks the most likely. Borerain and abu crappy definitely won't go unfortunately.

Edit: LOL at Anthony Davidson's sense of humour, brilliant http://twitpic.com/4knlb2

Edit 2: Watching Jenson Button on Top Gear, he's actually brilliant. You know, I've become a massive fan of the way he handles himself. Might be a few tenths down on Lewis, esp in qualy but god, he's just brilliant.

That, and i have a slight man crush on him....

Edited by Goron_3

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: LOL at Anthony Davidson's sense of humour, brilliant http://twitpic.com/4knlb2
haha yeah, great caption! :D

Anyone else find Vettel's little race winning radio speeches, well annoying?

I liked this tweet

antdavidson

Button just had to ask Heidfeld during press conference 'sorry what do I have to call you guys?' hahaha

So true!

Which Jenson Top Gear was it? BAR Honda Jenson, or Championship winning Jenson?

All the drivers are pretty great when they go on there. I saw Webbers the other week, he looked so much younger.

haha yeah, great caption! :D

Anyone else find Vettel's little race winning radio speeches, well annoying?

I liked this tweet

So true!

Which Jenson Top Gear was it? BAR Honda Jenson, or Championship winning Jenson?

All the drivers are pretty great when they go on there. I saw Webbers the other week, he looked so much younger.

It was Brawn JB :)

Just seen over on the autosport forums that a journalist asked Webber something like 'Are you embarassed by Vettel's domination of you' and Webber basically replied with a 'fuck that', aha. He seems angry and he has a point to prove to; Vettel has won 6 of the last 7 races, minus Korea and we all know what happened there.

Dyson, about the 2005 USGP...

Basically, the final corner of Indianapolis is a banked curve which put a lot of force onto the drivers front tyres. Back then there were 2 tyre manufacturers: Bridgestone (used by Ferrari, Minardi and Jordan) and Michelin (used by the rest). Come practice and qualy the teams noticed that the Michelins were basically just exploding round the final corner due to the force put on the tyres; the tyres they had provided weren't strong enough. Due to safety, the Michelin users couldn't race and thus, the darkest day in F1 since Imola 94 happened :(

Yes the result of the race stood, and no it didn't impact the result at the end of the season, as that year the fight was between Alonso/Raikkonen and neither of them took part in that race so it was ok.

There could have been a solution to the problem, by adding a new chicane that would lead on to the banking, slowing down the entry speed, but Ferrari wouldn't agree to it, and so the most awkward/boring/embarrasing race began!

What a horrid race that was, did they race in the USA after that embarrassment or did Bernie and his cronies decide not to show their faces any more is the USA.

They had a race in 2006 and 2007 until the contract ran out. In 2006 many of the fans who went in 2005 got in for free.

I watched the whole thing, mouth hanging open, moments from it burned into my mind forever. They spent a lot of time on reaction from the crowd. "I've never seen anything like this" said a cop on patrol in the grandstand as they chanted for a refund. Thank you to the remarkably high number of viewers who have decided to stick with us" murmured a perpetually apologetic James Allen. "Somewhere on the other side of the country are 30-plus stock cars getting around without any problems at all" said a glum Martin Brundle after the race. I remember people throwing water bottles onto the track in disgust. Bizarrely, Schumacher managed to almost wipe out against Barrichello coming out of the pits. I wish they had just to put the final cherry atop a heaving shit sundae.

Anyway, enough of all that, here's animé Kimi Raikkonen with a kitten.

kimi2.jpg

When I saw both Minardi's out with the Jordan's and Ferrari's I was thinking how much they were loving they were going to get some points even if they didn't finish. Still a disgrace they went ahead with the race but being a fan of Barichello I was happy in the knowledge he'd get a good haul of points.

I'm not surprised Vettel is so happy right now, he had a shit start last season what with the reliability. Though his radio conversations are cheesy as fuck now and I have a feeling we'll hear plenty more of them.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Not so surprising pole sitter, maybe more significant is the time. 1:33:7 which trumps Barrichello's time in the 2004 Ferrari and 3/4 of a second ahead of Button in second. No-one else anywhere near him, in stark contrast Webber is starting 18th having not gotten past Q1, got a little cocky thinking he didn't need to use the soft tyres. Predict Vettel will storm away to his 3rd win out of 3 and another quote of cheese. Yuck.

Vettel was a country mile ahead of everyone today :/ In these cooler conditions that RB just finds extra pace that no one can match. Hopefully Mclaren can grab him off the start because quite frankly I don't want to wake up early tomorrow to hear 'yes boys, that's what I'm talking about!'.

Disappointed about Michael, looks like he lost loads of time with fronts locking up at the hairpin :/ Nico showed what the car is capable of, was pretty pleased to see they sorted some of their issues out at last (cooling, DRS, KERS).

Also, have to admit i'm loving Di Resta. Seems like a genuinely nice guy and fair bit of pace too!

Also, have to admit i'm loving Di Resta. Seems like a genuinely nice guy and fair bit of pace too!

The pace bit seems to be the case with a lot of the younger drivers this season, from what I've seen so far. Perez, Di Resta, Kobayashi, Buemi, etc. seem to be lining themselves up nicely as the next generation of racers and hopefully as upgrades come throughout the year they'll be pushing even further up the front as the season goes on.

Anyway, woke up and only caught the last 4 minutes of qualifying. Great lap by Vettel. Probably got that one in the bag. Really strange with Webber. KERS issues again and then sticking with the hard tyre. There's such a great disparity between the two Red Bulls this year. Surely it can't all be down to the drivers' engineers. It just seems very strange. Rosberg did well, as did the Toro Rossos and Di Resta (What has happened to Sutil? He was great last year). First corner should be interesting anyway from places 4 to about 14.

I am so thankful we didn't have to hear Vettel trying to pad his autobiography.

Brilliant race, best in ages no doubt, from start to finish it was a joy to watch. Webber was mighty, had he not been held up in traffic on the hard tyre he might very well have nicked it, brilliant win for Hamilton however.

Holy crap, what an incredible race. Shanghai is an OK circuit but this was a brilliant thriller, no rain required. The story was 2 stop v 3 stop and it went all the way to the wire, the front 6 all well within sight of each other and the rest not far behind that. I spent the last twenty laps sliding further and further to the edge of my seat. Action up and down the field - Webber scything his way up, Schumacher dinging back and forward with Alonso, Rosberg and Massa jostling in amongst the race long battle between Button-Hamilton-Vettel, the rest of the field clawing at each other for every position trying to get the last few points. Brilliance up and down.

Going to be a looooong wait until Turkey. Bring it on!

Edit:

tumblr_ljsjnn8bWo1qbm0mn.png

Edited by gaggle64

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!