Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2011

Retro_Link

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like raceday is expected to be just some showers - so changeable conditions. Should be brilliant.

That said, I'm actually not sure if wet races are a good thing anymore. With the current rules the dry races are spectacular, but in the wet we just end up sitting around while they won't let them drive, and then there's not too much going on because they can't afford to be off the best line as much as in the dry.

Yeah I did see that.

I agree with him about the rediculous penalties... but not about the racing.

Yes I don't think DRS is always being implemented properly yet, but it was always going to be like that in the first year, it's a learning process of where best to put it at each track that'll get better year after year.

Tyres are great, no real issues with those, other than Qually needs to change, but it looks like Perelli are looking at ways to solve that (there's an article on autosports from yesterday).

I mean IDEALLY we wouldn't have KERS and DRS, and we'd have V10 engines with no limiters... but as it was something had to change.

The teams all seemed incredibly slow with bothering to come up with/decide on any changes to the design of the cars that would help... they all want as much downforce as possible to make themselves look good.

So you're left having to use 'artificial' devices.

And JV can say what he wants, but the one thing the sport doesn't need is seasons like the dominant Ferrari/Brawn races... which as it is we've almost had this year, but at least the new regs have shaken things up and made things less predictable.

Edited by Retro_Link

I dunno, Ferrari are set to benefit loads because they never got their system working at all, whereas Red Bull have an entire car designed around it. Really want Alonso on the podium this weekend, he's been the best driver for me this year.

I actually kind of agree with Jacques on the racing this year. For a fan it's great to see all of this on track action, but I can totally see why the 'artificial' racing would annoy someone like him. He's right about amazing overtakes too, I can't remember any this season.

Silverstone should be interesting from the regulations point of view, it would be great if they shake it up a little.

Just got back in for Silverstone.

Holy mother of crap, I'm completely drenched! The rain was ridiculous, for about 30 minutes I was camped under our umbrella, but apparently it had stopped raining by Maggots/Beckets (we were by turn 2).

Also, schumacher was FLYING on that track today, hitting the turn 1 apex every time. Kamui's crash in p1 happened right in front of us, terrible accident.

Really dissapointed by how this has all played out, it's somewhat ruined the race weekend, especially considering they might be puttung everything back to the way it was for Germany.

Pretty gutted for Lewis especially and Jenson too. McLaren should be better round this circuit than the Ferrari's.

Great job by Webber, great to see him take pole and he's got a great chance of winning if he gets the start he needs.

Vettel's gonna need to try hard to keep Fernando behind him off the line!

Fatastic for Di Resta!

Why McLaren? Why do you keep doing crazy shit like burning badly needed soft tires in the rain for no good reason? Why do you hold your drivers back until after the track was clearly at it's best like you did at Monaco qualifying last year? Why, oh godammit why, do you change tires and curious times or leave them out a half dozen laps longer then you ever have to? Are you drunk? Are you all high? Have both your drivers slept with your collective mothers at some point? Are you trying to punish them, McLaren? Or are you trying to punish yourselves?

Anyway, race should be good tomorrow, nice one Webber. This whole diffuser business has become a goddamn needless mess and should've been left well alone until after the season. I love how this sort of thing always seems to center around Silverstone - the whole place has some magical quality about it that seems to provoke these things, and no amount of revamping seems set to change that. Spiritual home of F1 indeed, for better and for worse.

Edited by gaggle64

It really annoys me that the BBC's F1 coverage has become more about the personalities of the presenters and their 'hi-jinx' rather than building up a race or going round the teams. The teams at the back virtually get no mention.

Also, Jake is a massive bell-end who's developed a huge ego problem.

Alonso wins! Quite a final lap, Webber just missed out on beating Vettel but what a last few corners for Hamilton, just kept Massa behind after some contact in the final chicane. If Vettel can't win he finishes second all the time, he extends his lead yet again. Gutted for Button, broadcasting his strategy to everyone was a bit of a dick move and ultimately forced his pit crew into a mistake.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!