N-Europe

Chain Restaurants

ReZourceman

I can't eat Pizza from a non-chain restaurant since my allergy was discovered. Since all chains are standardised in their ingredients or something. Turns out it's not just cheap pizza that has the wheat preservative thing I'm allergic to in, I had fairy good quality pizza in a restaurant in Amsterdam and still reacted (mildly).

I'm wary about what results Pizza Express with yield, being a mix between chains like Pizza Hut and a standard, "nice" restaurant. It's fine, I can't die from the allergy. And I have a Pizza Express voucher, so even if I ended up in hospital again, I wouldn't have paid to have done so.

I recall a Wendy's in Newport, before it turned into a Wimpy then into a Rugby store. I don't really eat often in chain restaurants, but when i do i always try and go to Pizza Hut. Because that seems to be the only chain restaurant around the area.

Fuck it, I'm-a give the Wimpy a shout-out! There's one up Portslade's high street (small town near brighton on the coast), it holds nothing but shiny memories of love; friends, family, girlfriend. I used to have teh "bendy burger" (lols) on the rare occasion I went there, and because it's, really, an old-school caff rather than a restaurant, it was always really empty. When I was a kid they'd give me extra chips and coke refills.

Me and my girlfriend went their semi-regularly as it was near the train station and sometimes we only had 30 mins to see each other. Over the last couple of summers me and my mates would meet there for hangover food, recalling the previous night's events.

I WANNA WIMPY!

Oh man I just remembered the wimpy near woolies always gave me free food too when I worked there.

NEWPORT HAS A GIANT WIMPY

n518191408_25597_2058.jpg

Just kidding, that was a bowling alley with a mini wimpy.

I'm gonna go calm down now.

There aren't really that many chains here, just stuff like McDonalds, Pizza Hut... And then some more local ones. But all those are just fast food (burgers, pizza, sandwiches). Pretty much all other food places here are independent ones as far as I'm aware.

Can't say I have a favourite chain here heh.

I did go to a few in the UK though. Went to Wagamama's for the first time this Christmas, was quite nice. Though I kinda fail at eating with chopsticks.

Also went to La Tasca which seemed nice (I love tortilla!), but since I was feeling really bad I didn't eat much and couldn't enjoy the food. =(

Other than that can't think of chains I went to... Oh Garfunkel's in London was quite nice, had some ok pancakes for breakfast and some nice pasta once I think. Jim had a massive omelette with salmon haha.

And there's this burger place in Brighton that I liked, but I forgot what it's called. Jay might know, I know Jim does. Had a really delicious burger there with big chips. Yum. I love myself a good burger from time to time. =)

39021_1481850000541_1062559926_1387244_563428_n.jpg

Is that Gourmet Burger Kitchen? I didn't know it existed until I found one at the end of my road (the end of my road has a lot of restaurants on it. Nando's and Pizza Hut too. :P), and didn't realise it was a chain until like...2 weeks ago.

I enjoyed.

Damn Paj beat me to it! I could tell from teh chip bowls :P Lovely place! On the steep-side money-wise, and an odd service system, but yeah the food is utterly top-notch. Opposite Vegan Shoes and next door to the komedia. Did flink take you there afterwards?

It's so weird to think you've been to brighton. I first met flink not 200 yards from that restaurant in Evolution, and I walk down the north laines all the time.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8GwUVxCkGy59nF75hHUOLADdWUR0unLfBw07HKBGsY4r_oT9udA

Can't believe no-one has said this yet?

I love the food in there! Particularly the Garlic bread with caramelized onions.

And its not ludicrously expensive.

But yeah, La Tasca (our local closed down and changed to something crappy now) and Wagamamas I also think are nice.

Is that Gourmet Burger Kitchen? I didn't know it existed until I found one at the end of my road (the end of my road has a lot of restaurants on it. Nando's and Pizza Hut too. :P), and didn't realise it was a chain until like...2 weeks ago.

I enjoyed.

Ah yes, that's the place I think, thanks! =)

Was indeed a nice one. Would definitely go there again.

Damn Paj beat me to it! I could tell from teh chip bowls :P Lovely place! On the steep-side money-wise, and an odd service system, but yeah the food is utterly top-notch. Opposite Vegan Shoes and next door to the komedia. Did flink take you there afterwards?

It's so weird to think you've been to brighton. I first met flink not 200 yards from that restaurant in Evolution, and I walk down the north laines all the time.

Haha, I've been to Brighton... three times now I think? Though I think one of those times we didn't even go out anywhere. =P

I remember it being next to Komedia, and we checked out outside if anything was going on, but there wasn't. So we just went to a pub instead to have a cider I think. Maybe next time we're in Brighton we'll go in there. And invite you for a mini meet-up. =P

I've only been to Wagamama's once, in Amsterdam, and did not like!

But I think I ordered the wrong thing really. It was this chicken noodle broth thing, too spicy, and the noodles weren't the best (those long white ones), and I didn't expect there to be so much broth!

I'll have to give it another go sometime.

I had something with salmon and noodles and quite liked it, though it could've done with some kind of sauce. Thing is a lot of the things on the list were either with meat (which I avoid) or spicy (which I can't handle), so there didn't seem to be much choice for me in Wagamama's heh.

Though Jim and I did go to a Chinese restaurant in London too, and I had a curry chicken that was a bit spicy, but so yummy! Chicken was nice and soft. And the rice and noodles were lovely too. Mmmmm. =)

Ell; YES. That caramelised garlic bread thing transformed my world. That is the dish that started me liking onions. Seriously. Pre-zizzi, jayseven ate no onions.

The wooden piece it comes out on just adds to it I think. So tasty. Surprising you just simply tried it though considering it does advertise onions clearly when ordering :p

Its a dead cert purchase whenever me and my girlfriend go to Zizzis!

Wagamama and Noodle Nation. And YoSushi, but its so expensive.

My first ever Noodle Nation (Noodle Bar back then) experience was when Aqua (and I) watched Daredevil at the cinema and then had that for dinner.

Good memories. I remember us orgasming at the Daredevil trailer in the room underneath the stairs in his old house.

I hate having grown up (physically).