254323189.jpg

254323184.jpg

254323186.jpg

254323179.jpg

254323178.jpg

254323077.jpg

254323007.jpg

Single Player;

- Free race, time attack, or grand prix for up to four players. If you're playing alone, the computer will fill up the other seven positions with A.I. racers who are quite skilled.

- The story mode is strictly for one player; it opens with a gorgeous CGI scene and also has real-time cut-scenes between races. Story mode attempts to explain why all these characters are racing each other on air boards, and it also seems to be the mechanism for unlocking extra characters and tracks.

Multiplayer;

- Tag mode is a sort of cooperative race in which you and a partner share one air meter and must stay close together at all times. You can ride each other's turbulence streams, of course, so a bit of strategy is in order.

- Survival mode is a variant of Capture the Flag, except here your goal is to get the Chaos Emerald and carry it through five gates placed on the track. While holding the emerald, your air meter drains very quickly, while all other characters have unlimited air. The point is for the emerald to change hands often, and it works quite well.

- Battle mode set in three specially designed stages. It's a lot like Mario Kart's battle mode, but there are no weapons, only power-ups that increase your attack, speed, or defense. You still have to boost into your opponents to win, and cornering becomes a critical skill since these stages are enclosed and much smaller than the racing tracks.

(for the full article; http://www.planetgamecube.com/impressions.cfm?action=profile&id=804)

LOL!!!!! The floor texturing is a joke, especially for a game made near the end of this generation. Christ. Gives you an idea of how rushed this will be.

Oh my FUCKING God, I thought when the 1st guy posted this picture, i didn't see the bad texturing, then I saw your post and thought you photoshopped it. My bloody God, I like fast paced racers (XG, Wipeout, F-Zero) but not too sure 'bout this now. My bloody God, Sonic R was awesome, can't they remake that?

• 2 weeks later...

There's good reason for the texturing. This is a game that's going to be moving EXTREMELY fast, possibly faster than F-zero. Since you wont notice pixelation at all when moving at that speed, they probably took off the texture filtering in some of the more graphically intense areas to keep the game running smoothly.

We love Katamari on PS2 does the same thing, in exchange though it can have thousands of objects on screen with no slowdown.

• 2 weeks later...

my god, this game was another boring frustrating piece of shit software.

Sega, please re-invent EVERYTHING about Sonic. Go back to the main characters, and try to redo EVERYTHING, cause basicly, it's game over for Sonic, and it has been severn since Sonic Heroes.

They should have Team Chaotix and stuff!!! :(

They could have at least added Billy Hatcher as well :D

I agree they should give Billy the respect he deserves and put him in the game, Billy owned! Happy to see NiGHTS in the game, now if only they would make a proper NiGHTS game instead of just toying with us and having him make cameo apperances.

• 1 month later...