Animated Intro!! AMAZING!!

8683-t_sonicriders_2.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8683&pl=game&type=wmv

Original Gameplay video

7669-t_sonicriders_tgs5.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7669&pl=game&type=wmv

254322063.jpg

Story;

Sonic Riders main plot revolves around Dr. Robotnik who has set up a speed challenge, and all the Sonic characters, including Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles the Echidna, Storm the Albatross, Jet the Hawk, Miles "Tails" Prower and Web the Swallow, have decided to take part. The winner of this 'speed challenge will receive non other than a Chaos Emerald.

Wow that was amazingly cool, mind you so were the shadow trailers :(.

Better to be racing around on a board than a gun obsessed

Hedgehog with memory loss.

yeah i know. what platform?
The game's out on the Gamecube, Xbox and PS2!
Better to be racing around on a board than a gun obsessed

Hedgehog with memory loss.

Agreed!!

I think Sega made a HUGE mistake with that game; it's wrong for so many reasons!

After Shadow the Hedgehog... ive given up hope for a decent sonic game ever apearing... and imo this game looks very bad.

I think it would be great if we got a sonic game thats ABOUT Sonic with a darker storyline yet based apon the classic story of Sonic and when i say darker i dont mean guns or high kicks, just not so much of "its time to save the world!" cack that is said... oh well.

Id just love a sonic game that has the tridition storyline but darker and alittle more serious without all the guns, choosing evil paths and shit thats in Shadow the Hedgehog.

I was never even one of those guys who complained about the camera angles or the glitches... just the repetitive and easy gameplay and IMO that the Quality is simply dropping in non-side scrolling sonic games.

I think it would be good to have a sonic game with a good 3D camera. Don't get me wrong i love the little blue guy, but the only really good games there have been recently are the handheld versions. Sonic riders does look interesting though, might be like f-zero meets mario kart.

After Shadow the Hedgehog... ive given up hope for a decent sonic game ever apearing... and imo this game looks very bad.

Well Sonic Rush on the DS is great and the best Sonic title in the last 10 years to me, easily.

Well Sonic Rush on the DS is great and the best Sonic title in the last 10 years to me, easily.

Oh yeah and i have that game... how could i forget!!!! DOH!

I'm hoping Sonic Riders is good....It'll be the 1st decent 3D Sonic then.

Instead of adding crappy new bird characters they should have Ray the Squirrel and Mighty the Armadillo ;)

Instead of adding crappy new bird characters they should have Ray the Squirrel and Mighty the Armadillo ;)

Sonic Adventure was a great game IMO, and I enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2 aswell!

I think they'll have a number of unlockable characters;

Metal Sonic

A Chao

Chaos 1

E102

Shadow

Team Chaotix

Big the Cat (they've gotta have Big on an airboard; classic!!)

I thought Sonic Adventure 1 was amazing, since ive said before that i never had a problem with the camera angle or the glitches. When i first got Sonic Adventure with the Dreamcast for Christmas the year it was first released, all i had was one great gaming experience, loved it.

Hopefully I will like this racer as much as I like Sonic R. The intro was well cool but still not as good as the Sonic CD intro for the jap version.

Sonic Riders looks ok, but I'm not sure what I think about those new characters, and the way they make the hands / feet / anything that is near the camera look too big cmpared to normal perspective.

Sonic Riders looks ok, but I'm not sure what I think about those new characters, and the way they make the hands / feet / anything that is near the camera look too big cmpared to normal perspective.

I Kinda think the Green character from the Intro looks pretty cool actually, Yeah I hope this game turns out well because it goes really remind you of F-Zero GX meets (insert snowboarding game title here) and thats quirte a good combination now that seen it :wink:

Now you have got to be joking!

Well, if its good clean fun and plays like a true sega game (sonic meets outrun on hoverboards?) then count me in. They've got the blue sky so thats one thing.

Now you have got to be joking!

Ray should be worshipped for being unknown to the world :P

It's better than having random new characters.

Sonic Adventure 1 was great, if not awesome.

Anyway, I like the new gameplay video.

Sign in to follow this