Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Things to do in airports

Will

It must be boring as hell doing nothing at the airport.

You could use this as a chance to meet people. Go and talk to randomers. Engage and eye contact and wait for someone to talk to you.

Or, you can play the anti-version of that, where you try to freak out as many people as possible. Either are fun.

What I'd do is watch people go by and make up stories for them. So, you look at them and you imagine what their life is like, where they're from, etc.

If you combine that last game with the first one, you can make it into another game where you pretend you know them, then actually talk to them, therefore working out whether you were correct or not with your prediction.

Ooooh! Also, you could suddenly start talking to people and pretend that you've known them for a very, very long time. You'll have massive fun with that one.

Is it bad that i actually quite like it?

I thought it was going to be a bad thing, until I was in florida last year and its what 90% of places stocked. It's cheap (compared to most other beers in America), doesn't taste too bad and you can knock back loads before it takes its toll on you. I like it.

Get a deck of cards, find a fellow bored looking individual and challenge them to a marathon game of Crazy Eights. I played it to death with a mate in bars and, more relevantly, train stations in Nice, Florence, Rome, Venice (8 hour wait), Munich, Prague, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam and Schipol Airport.

Nothing kills time like Crazy Eights!

I've had 2 huge waits at airports in my life.

The first one I was flying back from Malawi; Lilongwe - Nairobi - Heathrow - Glasgow.

The day of these flights? The Glasgow Airport bombings. We managed to get into Heathrow no problems but once we got there our flight was meant to be early morning. Flight after flight we got put on was cancelled so after arriving at around 6 in the morning we got put on a flight at 3 in the afternoon to Durham which meant a 3 hour drive at the otherside.

Can't really remember what we did to keep ourselves amused; read books, listened to iPods. As there was a big group of us (8, all got on really well) we chatted a bit and played some stupid games so it wasn't too bad given the amount of time it was.

The 2nd one was flying back from Turkey in August. Due to the way things worked out we got to the airport about 3 hours before our flight was meant to leave (so very early), as soon as we got to the airport we saw that our flight was delayed by 4 hours.... Meaning a 7 hour wait. On top of all this I had an ear infection and I literally haven't felt so much pain over such a long period of time. The ibuprofen soon ran out so I was in agony and couldn't do anything about it. I ended up going to the pub, watching Extras on my phone, going to the bathroom for a chug, sleeping underneath a row of seats (the airport was so busy you were lucky if you got a seat), buying booze I didn't want/need.

You could take over the airports electrical equipment, hold the entire airport hostage and try to free a drug lord who is entering the country.

All while hiding out in a church. :)

Hmmm.... too William Sadler.

Maybe you could kill the first-born male child of every household?

well i cant say i've ever had a delayed flight *touch wood* so haven't had to pass time in an airport, i Have however had to wait in the plane before take off and landings.

both times in 1997 when going to and coming home from Dubai.

on the way there we had to stop at Kuwait to change planes (dont understand why as Kuwait isnt far from Dubai really) well the plane was on the tarmac for about 2 hours before taking off, so we're stuck in the plane with no tv use or anything for the time, that was pretty shite.

coming back our landing was delayed due to Princess Diana's funeral, we were flying laps around London as her coffin was driven from where-ever to where-ever. put an extra hour on the flight.