NEurope
Rummy

GameFAQs Game of the Decade Daily Polls...

Brawl won by roughly 1000 votes.

Also, Resi 4 is beating Portal. I confess I didn't expect that one, but at least I won't be pissed at the result like I was with TP vs. SMG.

To be fair, portal is the better game. It's absolutely perfect. A real and rare 10.

Yeah, Resi 4 is a 9.9... but still, 10>9.9!!!

:heh:

To be fair, portal is the better game. It's absolutely perfect. A real and rare 10.

100% agree. What I didn't expect was for Resi 4 to be more popular than Portal (which I believe is one of the games of the decade for me).

But either way, Resi 4 is also awesome, which means the result will not anger or baffle me like with TP's unexpected success.

Gamefaqs contests get bad rep because anything related to either Ocarina of Time or Final Fantasy 7 always wins the whole thing.

This is a contest that lacks both of these games, therefore I find it much more interesting.

Also, I weep for Final Fantasy IX :(

Surely that isn't GameFAQs specific though? I mean, OoT tops A LOT of polls, and FF7 too! However, the fact that neither was in this was something that did make it rather of interest to me, too.

Also, tough choice atm, but I voted MM. Top game, the side-questy nature of the game and the time mechanic makes it win out over WW for me(only just!) because of the freshness it gave, WW wasn't too revolutionary on reflection, except for some awesome items(and it was, in places, tedious).

Voted WW. Once again, I'm surprised at the current result. Pleasantly surprised, that is.

Majora's Mask all the way. No doubt about it.

I really want to play wind waker again though :(

I want to vote for MM (my favourite Zelda game I think), but the site keeps freezing on me. Think it's those stupid ads or whatever. =(

*roots for MM to win*

Not that I dislike WW, it was great, but MM is better I think. =)

Wind Waker was my first Zelda game, of the two which I have completed(other being OOT). It is therefore the best Zelda game and I'll defend that to the death.

I'll be gutted if Majora's Mask loses out to Wind Waker, for two reasons.

1. Majora's Mask is an incredible game. It's a great evolution of Ocarina of Time, taking some of the best bits, the best characters and remixing it into something completely different. It's a different kind of Zelda in that there's not so much emphasis on the traditional structure. It's a deviation. I mean, if a traditional Zelda game only had 4 or 5 Dungeons, the fanboys would be out on the streets crying jihad. But, Majora pulled it off by having such great depth in sidequests outside of the main story. It's probably my favourite Zelda, although my opinion on that changes monthly.

2. I still to do this day fail to see why Wind Waker gets all the attention it receives. If Majora's Mask gives me a hard erection, then Wind Waker barely even gives me a semi. Not even a quarterly. It did nothing for me. It looks pretty as hell, but I just didn't click with it and found it quite bland. Ocarina, Majora and even Twilight Princess had this underlying darkness running throughout. There are moments where you play those games and you think "shit, that's a bit odd or intense" yet I didn't get that with the Wind Waker. It didn't seem as serious. Twilight Princess is the better game, yet a lot of Zelda fans go the other way. Never understood why.

Brawl won by roughly 1000 votes.

Also, Resi 4 is beating Portal. I confess I didn't expect that one, but at least I won't be pissed at the result like I was with TP vs. SMG.

Ah, quite close then :)

Looks like Wind Waker will lose, but once again both are fantastic games. I do prefer Wind Waker, but it's nice to see Majora's Mask is getting some much needed love considering it's always been overshadowed by Ocarina of Time.

Metroid Prime needs your help, it's losing to Fallout 3.

That's ridiculous, WTF?

Gone and voted but there's like 800 between them :heh:

Looks like Wind Waker will lose, but once again both are fantastic games. I do prefer Wind Waker, but it's nice to see Majora's Mask is getting some much needed love considering it's always been overshadowed by Ocarina of Time.

That's true.

I do think there's a reverence for the N64 Zeldas in general, and I can understand why. Even though I prefer Wind Waker, OOT and MM had a certain tone that the series never quite had again. There's also the sheer brilliance of the time travel and the 3-day cycle.

So, easily my 3rd favourite game of the decade. It's got to beat Twilight Princess, surely?

Oh come on! What the hell? 1050 votes?

Ths poll is crap because my favourite game(s) was a) knocked out in round [x] or b) not even listed!

a) ; x=Quarterfinals

I suppose it had to happen...

I don't think I have heard of Fallout before this contest.

Fallout 3 is an utterly brilliant game. It's just not Metroid Prime.

While i liked Fallout 3 and agree it's a great game, it doesn't really deserve to win against what's left. But that's only because the competition is so good!

Just looked at this, I lost interest when I saw that Deus Ex lost in the second round. Pffft. ¬¬

I'm glad MM got through. It's my personal favourite zelda title because it's so radically different.

You have to take into account how much a game offers too. I think comparing what portal does with the second outing with be more fair to resident evil 4.

I sort of understand what you mean, but why exactly is Resi 4 only 9.9? I agree somehow but I don't know why :S

2 of the 3 titles in the Semi Final line up so far are wrong. Both Metroid Prime and RE 4 did more for gaming than the likes of Fallout 3 and Final Fantasy X and really, I think that's the basis this should have been measured on but I guess fanbases will push for the contrary.

Think about it, since Metroid Prime came out, other developers and games have tried to ape the atmosphere that Prime so perfectly managed to create. The sense of isolation in the game is pretty much unmatched.

Similarly, RE 4 is the template for just about every third person game being released. It essentially revolutionised how third person shooter titles play.

Majora's Mask is winning thankfully, and I now see it being a Fallout 3 vs Majora's Mask final (although given how results have gone up till now, I wouldn't be surprised if FF X somehow ousts MM) and should that turn out to be the case, MM should win. I haven't played it (yet) but I have played Fallout 3 and while a great game, it's definitely not game of the decade.