NEurope
Rummy

GameFAQs Game of the Decade Daily Polls...

So, has anyone else been following/watching this each day? Basically it's like their character battle system only with games and for the title of game of the decade, as decided by you...the people!

For anyone interested, here's the full contest so far with winners in green, there seems to be a lot of nintendo love in there!

I know really it's a bit late to be spurring people on to vote, but I thought today's is a pretty mega vote...Melee vs. Brawl!! It made me want to post this here thread, and so I have.

Also, discuss. Agree? Disagree? Don't really care? Something that's not even on there that should have been??

I lost interest when Tales of Symphonia got knocked out in the 2nd round :cry:

How the fuck did Perfect Dark lose to COD 4!?!? Gah, life is no longer worth living!

EDIT: HOLY SHIT NUTS, Majora's Mask is doing well! I must go vote!

How the fuck did Perfect Dark lose to COD 4!?!? Gah, life is no longer worth living!

I was about to post something similar to past.

There's alot of the Zeldas in there! I love seeing when same series titles end up against each other, quite like today!

Wind Waker Vs MM looks to be on tuesday?

I actually think the last few are good choices!

Melee > Brawl IMO.

FFX and Kingdom Hearts 2 to get through against FFIX and Zelda: TP respectively.

I personally voted for Melee, but it was a difficult choice. Brawl is amazing I think, so much to do in there.

But then I felt I had more fun playing Melee, and probably played that a lot more too. Maybe because my sisters would sometimes still play with me then, who knows. =P

I played Melee a lot more than Brawl and I had more fun really.

Just voted and it's really close, 50.22% going for Melee and 49.78% for Brawl. Only 106 votes difference.

When it gets down to it I'm definitely going to have to pick Majora's Mask over Wind Waker.

When ICO got beaten out by Assassin's Creed 2, I stopped caring. There were a few instances before that as well that really should have done differently.

Yeah but the fact that some great games are getting to the end proves some right choices must have been made.

At least SotC is still in there to represent ICO's legacy.

Super Smash Bros. Melee 49.98%

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 50.02%

Holy crap that's close. Really close. Ridiculously close.

Melee easily, it would be in my Top 10 games of the decade!

Brawl on the other hand... is crap! I don't think I enjoyed anything about it other than the cutscenes.

Edited by Retro_Link

I think I favour Melee more because I've had more experience with the multiplayer...Brawls online can get really laggy at times, Plus there isn't anything else like having a few mates round for a couple rounds of Melee.

Heh, funny. I just cast my vote for Melee :heh:

It's been a fun tournament. I like how they throw the biggest games of franchises into the same division, to avoid repetition. Notice how MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 are all in the same division. Also, notice how Shadow of the Colossus is eliminating them, one by one :grin:

Most of the results have been pretty fair, though (for example, Halo has been completely eliminated :grin:). Yeah, I don't agree with some results, but that's to be expected.

However, Twilight Princess beating Super Mario Galaxy was absolute bullshit.

Melee > Brawl, but then again I really haven't spent much time on Brawl.

SotC or Portal should win this, with Metroid Prime a little behind.

The final will almost certainly be a Final Fantasy Vs Zelda. Like all their character battles.

The final will almost certainly be a Final Fantasy Vs Zelda. Like all their character battles.

Either FFX or FFIX is the only FF left. I like this tournament because, for once, what you said might not be true.

I'm hoping it's one of the three games Supergrunch mentioned...

Or Wind Waker. Or Majora's Mask. Or Final Fantasy IX. Or Super Smash Bros.

I think Brawl is better. It's just the more comprehensive game. I think people prefer Melee because, well, when Brawl came, no matter how harder, better, faster, stronger it was, we felt we'd seen it before.

Imagine this: What if Brawl had come before Melee? Even ignoring the obvious gap in content, I doubt many people would choose Melee, then.

I think Brawl is better. It's just the more comprehensive game. I think people prefer Melee because, well, when Brawl came, no matter how harder, better, faster, stronger it was, we felt we'd seen it before.

Imagine this: What if Brawl had come before Melee? Even ignoring the obvious gap in content, I doubt many people would choose Melee, then.

Ganondorf is better in Melee, so it wins. :p