N-Europe

The Pirate Mafia

The Peeps

The main reason for not believing you is that after 5 nights there hasn't been one mention of a ghost. Also, you orginally said that your power was you used a beer to protect yourself from ghosts, then a ginger beer (fair enough if you misread it) but assuming you've used it every night, how has it never occurred to you to use it on another player? What did your pm say, specifically (without quoting it obviously)? I just find it hard to believe that your power is to do absolutely nothing but target yourself every night. Basically the Peeps might as well have made you unkillable to ghosts as a part of your role and given you no power, because it's that pointless.

You know what, I'm sure we'll hear from jayseven soon, and I don't believe Dazz at this point, so I will Vote: Dazz

Sorry, forgot to put Change Vote: Dazz :)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So one of them is lying out of jayseven and Dazz

Jay - you say you get information on targets. What did you get on Smeagol? And did you just get the name of Dazz? Also, why did you wait until now to reveal that. Why was there no big 'OBJECTION!' moment when he claimed a Monkey Island character?

As I said, I get info on people only if nobody else targets me. This means, surely, that if someone targets me I would get absolutely no info at all, rather than a PM telling me the person's name.

I waited until now because I didn't think I knew for cert whether someone would be evil simply by knowing their name (unlike people who are convinced I must be bad simply because I'm jack sparrow, ffs), and in all honesty I completely missed Dazz's rolecall. I did mention my recognition of smeagol's character, insinuating Peeps had done well to align the name with the role (which was obv. from the write-up).

All I got on both nights was a pm saying that nobody targetted me, that my target [x]'s character is [y].

Either Dazz is lying and thinks revealing his real character would seem suspicious (although it doesn't particularly as Jim Hawkins doesn't immediately seem evil) or jayseven is lying and is trying to get him lynched. A third option is that jay is a dumb cop, but I seriously doubt it; a dumb cop usually gets a simple alignment when they investigate, and get the wrong one. I doubt there would be a dumb cop role who found out entirely the wrong character (Peeps would have to make up a character for everyone in the game in that situation, which would be silly).

People are going from saying "oh, normally evil pirates in this game appear to be townies, so therefore vice-versa must be true!" to "hmmm but that's a nice-sounding character, surely not..." can't we just follow a more likely "well, I guess it's a mix."

My info on smeagol is correct so I see no reasoning to suggest my info about dazz is wrong. I fucked up not noticing his call earlier.

Lastly, I think that I ought to have cleared myself in your eyes. You said that you voted for me because of two reasons; the first was because I was hounding you, which I've not stopped and roleclaimed, the second because two people didn't immediately vote for me straight away (wtf, seeing as I have 4 votes pretty damn immediately if you ask me).

doublepost- loltiming.

Yeah, I actually meant to make the point about you getting Smeagol's character in my post.

Also, sorry if I didn't word it properly but my first question was simply just checking that was your power when people didn't target you rather than asking whether you always got info. Either way, it's cleared up now :)

My whole 'dumb cop' theory wasn't a reference to the mafia being nasty or nice pirates or whatever, more about the role of a dumb cop who discovers identities rather than alignments. I was saying it was unlikely that such a role would exist, really.

I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you mean about Smeagol, just because I'm a bit slow possibly... do you mean that you got confused about Smeagol's character? I just don't know what you mean by your recognition of Smeagol's character, sorry :blush:

I'm a lot less suspicious now you've backed off, but it was just the constant voting for me that made me suspicious in the first place. And yeah you did get votes after I voted for you... but to be fair heroic voted for you several hours before and nobody else had voted for you since. I had already been suspicious and that just added to my suspicions.

Lol - it's weird to think that I was being accused the other day of being in cahoots with you, because everyone though I was evil and I had targeted you.

What I was also finding odd was that nothing you have done has appeared in the write-ups, and that on night 4 I wasn't informed I targeted rummy, and it didn't appear either.

Is Rummy even still playing this game? Has he died and I missed it? I really need to pay more attention, I don't have notes for this game :S

The main reason for not believing you is that after 5 nights there hasn't been one mention of a ghost. Also, you orginally said that your power was you used a beer to protect yourself from ghosts, then a ginger beer (fair enough if you misread it) but assuming you've used it every night, how has it never occurred to you to use it on another player? What did your pm say, specifically (without quoting it obviously)? I just find it hard to believe that your power is to do absolutely nothing but target yourself every night. Basically the Peeps might as well have made you unkillable to ghosts as a part of your role and given you no power, because it's that pointless.

You know what, I'm sure we'll hear from jayseven soon, and I don't believe Dazz at this point, so I will Vote: Dazz

Sorry, forgot to put Change Vote: Dazz :)

I only just used it two nights ago, I haven't used it every night. I haven't voted alot or even targetted because I'm unsure about everything. I just thought I'd use it and see what happens but I got nothing.

Okay, trying not to quote as much as I can, my PM basically said I was Guybrush Threepwood and that, at night, I have enchanted voodoo root beer that will protect the drinker from ghosts and evil spirits on board. I did have a thought that if I drink it, it might tell me if the person who targetted me is good or bad. So to those who have targetted me must be good, although I've recieved no PMs...

I kind of expected you and Jayseven to vote for me though, I do sound suspicious but that's all I know, unless the root beer does something else that happens in the game...

I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you mean about Smeagol, just because I'm a bit slow possibly... do you mean that you got confused about Smeagol's character? I just don't know what you mean by your recognition of Smeagol's character, sorry :blush:

You mean this bit?

I did mention my recognition of smeagol's character, insinuating Peeps had done well to align the name with the role (which was obv. from the write-up).

When I found out smeagol was davey jone's locker I smiled to myself because it's such a perfect character for a jailkeep character. If it's not that bit, please point it out :)

What I was also finding odd was that nothing you have done has appeared in the write-ups, and that on night 4 I wasn't informed I targeted rummy, and it didn't appear either.
If you target me, I have no idea if you get told that your target changes or not, but yeah I dunno if Rummy did anything that night. Xmas/nye is a tricky time for a mafia game

Is Rummy even still playing this game? Has he died and I missed it? I really need to pay more attention, I don't have notes for this game :S

... And nor me, hence me failing to remember my info before this. I've started a new text file (woo) and will be going through the thread looking for clues at some point over the next few days. My nightrole is fairly annoying as I'd much rather learn characters - now the mafia knows I only get info when not targetted, I'm sure they'll keep me targetted just in case.

...yeah I'm pretty sure Dazz is lying. Sorry.

And yes jayseven, that was the part I was talking about :) Thanks for clearing it up, I was just confused about your wording, but now it all makes sense.

Nah, it's cool. I expected as much. My character is quite stupid anyway and I do sound suspicious so I don't really blame you.

POST #2: I meant the power, not the character.

So you're not the person hanging from the rigging? We have to identify them today or they'll be all dead and stuff (I actually assume they need to post to survive)

Scrap that, everyone has posted today so they should be okay :)

THIRD POST: IMPORTANT

I think jayseven is lying. It's too late now, but still. Let me explain (can't believe I didn't check sooner)

- On night 4 I targeted jayseven.

- jayseven says whoever targets him instead is moved to his target

- On night 4 jayseven says that he targeted Rummy

- That means I would have targeted Rummy

- But as I said, I'm a protector, and on night 4 RUMMY DIED.

- Jayseven must be lying because if I had actually been redirected to Rummy and targeted him instead, I would have protected him.

Jayseven is lying which means we may have just lynched a townie. If we have, we must lynch jayseven tomorrow

Change Vote: Dazz

Why lie? WALK THE PLANK.

Sorry i'm late, but no harm in another little push off the plank.

Where in the writeup are you on that night Dohnut, if you think jay has been lying????

Why lie? WALK THE PLANK.

Where in the writeup are you on that night Dohnut, if you think jay has been lying????

Whoops double.

Also, I wonder why ReZ hasn't posted again. He's been online. I suspect he may have been silenced or something.

Why lie? WALK THE PLANK.

I'm not in the write-up, that's the point. If I had actually been redirected at Rummy I would have appeared at some point, as he is mentioned twice. And not only that but I would have protected him from the killer. He must be lying. If he was telling the truth I would at least appear in the write-up, and at most protect Rummy, but neither happened.

Sorry it's late, here be the write-up:

Night 4

SQUAWK

The gentleman of fortune raided a pirate's bunk. The occupant would not be back for his belongings.

The young pirate spent the night on the plank, thinking about what he'd done.

The epic sailor was seen entering the fearsome pirate's bunk, cutlass in hand.

The wooden-legged pirate visited the gentleman of fortune

"Ye be a danger to our plans, prepare to die"

The pirate dived out of the way of his assailant's deadly swipe and reached into his breast pocket.

"This had better work" he said before opening the stolen can and devouring the contents. The attacker took another swing but his victim grabbed his arm and held him off with ease. The fortuitous pirate punched his foe in the face and sent him soaring across the deck, he was about to advance on the crumpled pirate when he felt the effects wearing off and decided on a new plan... to run away.

Elsewhere on the ship, a fearsome pirate was trying to fight off another intruder. The two pirates were engaged in a close fight but it was clear that the intruder had the upper hand. Lightning struck as the two pirates clashed swords, the fearsome pirate grabbed the rigging and began to climb. His attacker followed but was much better at climbing. With ease, the attacker swung round and reached a higher footing. He slashed at the rain-soaked ropes and the fearsome pirate fell to his death.

Rummy is dead. He was Blackbeard, investigator and loyal to The Captain.

12 Pirates Remaining:

Cube

Dazz

Eenuh

HeroicJanitor

Jayseven

Jonnas

Nintendohnut

ReZourceman

Sméagol

Tales

The Fish

Zell

Diageo

MadDog

Dannyboy-the-Dane

mr-paul

Tellyn

Aqui1a

Ellmeister

Rummy

Day 5 be underfoot

Majority be 7

You say you didn't appear, but you are still the only person we know who is wooden legged.

I still don't know what to make of you Dohnut.

I think Cube is the epic sailor here who entered Rummy's bunk and then had a fight and killed him.

You say you didn't appear, but you are still the only person we know who is wooden legged.

I still don't know what to make of you Dohnut.

I think Cube is the epic sailor here who entered Rummy's bunk and then had a fight and killed him.

Good god I thought we were past this.

Right, so you're saying that I'm the wooden-legged pirate killer. Again. Even though people have finally realised that I am not.

Okay, well can you now read it as if that isn't me, just once? Assume that's someone else and that I am Peg-Leg Pete, a separate wooden-legged character. I should have targeted Rummy if jayseven is telling the truth, but I am not in that write-up.

I would also point out now that not all the characters are mentioned in that either. Jayseven, for one, isn't, and neither am I.

Anyway, I know you'll react harshly to this, but please could you tell me your character name mr-paul? It may help with a few confusements in write-ups, and at this point we might as well reveal our characters - only the mafia would be worried about doing so.