N-Europe

SSX (2012)

Dante

So it bares/bears absolutely no resemblance to the game they originally announced.

Fucking awesome. Looks sick. I want a level that isn't snow...that is just that development graphics he was playing on. Major funzors.

I thought you were gonna ask for a level set on gravel or something for a minute there!... or in the deserts of Abu Dhabi!

Yeah and the gameplay that was shown, even though it was pre-alpha footage, looked pretty reminiscent of the series.

Also, that artwork was great!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've got my hopes back up :D I've been waiting for a new SSX since 3 (I got On Tour but it wasn't the same...) but when the teaser for this appeared I wasn't sure what to make of it (as you can tell). Now I'm looking forward to it!

I thought you were gonna ask for a level set on gravel or something for a minute there!... or in the deserts of Abu Dhabi!

Yeah and the gameplay that was shown, even though it was pre-alpha footage, looked pretty reminiscent of the series.

Also, that artwork was great!

Oh no. Other games aren't allowed to do sand anymore.

Game looks really promising. Which begs the question who's idea it was to have a really misleading teaser trailer for it?

How does SSX games play with a Dualshock controller? I only have experience with the GameCube which suited it really well.

Game looks really promising. Which begs the question who's idea it was to have a really misleading teaser trailer for it?

How does SSX games play with a Dualshock controller? I only have experience with the GameCube which suited it really well.

If I had to guess, and it's just a guess, I would say the game has made something of a change in direction since the reaction to the initial trailer.

Iirc it plays fine with dual shock. In fact it was one of the few games where I was happy with the 'looseness' of Playstation analogue sticks because it was suited to the slight adjustments you had to make.

Define realistic :p

I don't think it was ever going to be anything less than the over the top action the series is known for, there will still be base jumping and wall crawling as hinted, but Elise will no longer sport a Canadian flag bikini or grind on the side of the board for seven miles.

• 1 month later...
That video really highlights the 180 (ha) they did after the first video. They're like two totally separate games. Gone are the grivels and dangers and subtitle, now it looks like SSX3, but less flashy.
Yeah but the other mode is still gonna be in there.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...