Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mass Effect 3

gaggle64

Carrying on my douche Shepard playthough.

Ended up having to shoot Ashley, and Thane also died the same way as before.

I still managed to make the Quarian and Geth play nicely - this time by telling the Quarians "if you get in trouble again, I'll just watch you die".

Went back to the Citadel, got the next mission, then headed back to the Normandy. Got the shock of my life when Wrex burst through the door instead of the game loading the Normandy. He has discovered what had happened with the Genophage and was here to kill me - I had no choice but to kill him instead.

This game is upsetting.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot of back-and-forth over statements from Bioware regarding "we won't change the ending" and "ignore that, we're still listening to feedback."

However, they have said that there will be single-player DLC that takes place during ME3. I'm guessing that

Taking back Omega will be one. Considering it's already mentioned that Cerberus has it, it's fairly obvious that it'll be DLC.

However, it's hard to see just how well DLC like that will do, considering.

Aria and her mercs will just get stranded near Earth anyway.

This is why I think it's still possible for it to be changed.

Meh, that’s a moot point.

From Shepard’s (and Aria’s) view, they don’t know they won’t be able to return to Omega (easily). Well Aria can do it the hard way with her long lifespan. In any case, mid-game, Aria still has every reason to take back Omega.

What I mean is that

It takes away your emotional attachment to it, which is a big thing about Mass Effect. For the fans who would be buying the DLC, knowing what happens would take a huge amount away from it.

I wholey agree, unless there are people chatting the multiplayer is boring. Oh, and unless you are a team (aka working together) then 9/10 you will fail the mission.

Played some online last night, before doing some single-player. Played with a mate, and apart from us sticking together, the other 2 gamers were all over the place. They died first, we died after being ambushed by the Reapers. When the whole team stuck together, we actually won a match. 1 out of 5 matches played + won

Now then, onto the single player

Did a few missions last night (fixed the medical units in Docking bay, disabled the codes and filmed inside the docking bay for that salarian. Finally caught up with Zaeed as well, he’s not changed one bit. Did like the nice touches Bioware have added, inviting crew members to your quarters or shooting atop the Citadel.

And, I finally completed the Eden Prime DLC mission as well. Kind of took it back to the beginning, took Ashley with me. I knew someone leaked the Prothean crew-member ages ago, but was still surprised none the less. Liked the flash-back past of the Prothean-Reaper battle upon Prime, but I do feel sorry for the guy.

When I finally managed the reaper challenge this weekend, we didn't unlock anything.

You will get the unlocks on Tuesday.

I find when I play with europeans, they suck, but if I basically don't sleep, I end up playing with americans and, probably because they have had the game alot longer, they actually know what they are doing in multiplayer. It's a shame I can't stand to hear them speak as they wont shut up. On pc btw. I bet the situation on the consoles is different.

However, they have said that there will be single-player DLC that takes place during ME3. I'm guessing that

Taking back Omega will be one. Considering it's already mentioned that Cerberus has it, it's fairly obvious that it'll be DLC.

Cerberus taking over Omega is also the plot of Mass Effect: Invasion. They make a bit deal at the end of how Aria will just bide her time until she can take it back.

Actually, the way they told the story over four issues, I thought for sure it would be an important plot point in Mass Effect 3, but I guess they've got to sell that DLC somehow.

Meh, that’s a moot point.

From Shepard’s (and Aria’s) view, they don’t know they won’t be able to return to Omega (easily). Well Aria can do it the hard way with her long lifespan. In any case, mid-game, Aria still has every reason to take back Omega.

But from our perspective, we know taking back Omega will just lead to Aria and her cronies slowly starving to death once the relays are destroyed.

I'm not sure whether or not that's preferable to being turned to sludge by the Reapers once they steal the Citadel.

The way they'll release the DLC, the only people who won't know how little it matters are the ones who haven't played the game yet. The hundreds of thousands of fans who bought the game on release already know that taking back Omega isn't a good idea. And those are the people who usually buy DLC.

@Deathjam: I’m Somnophore on origin, although I don’t think I’ll be playing multiplayer for long.

About the DLC, yeah, but that was also the case with the Kasumi DLC in ME2, albeit to lesser extent. It’s just weird doing dlc that better fits mid-game after you’ve already finished the game. This game’s ending, leaving no room for post-game content, just reinforces that feeling even more. I was lucky I got ME2 when Kasumi was already out.

Ther’s also no room for pre-game content, I don’t think the actual trial will make for an exciting mission. So mid-game missions are the most likely.

Anyway, I’ll bet there will be multiplayer-only dlc, in which case I won’t be interested.

@Deathjam: I’m Somnophore on origin, although I don’t think I’ll be playing multiplayer for long.

About the DLC, yeah, but that was also the case with the Kasumi DLC in ME2, albeit to lesser extent. It’s just weird doing dlc that better fits mid-game after you’ve already finished the game. This game’s ending, leaving no room for post-game content, just reinforces that feeling even more. I was lucky I got ME2 when Kasumi was already out.

Ther’s also no room for pre-game content, I don’t think the actual trial will make for an exciting mission. So mid-game missions are the most likely.

Anyway, I’ll bet there will be multiplayer-only dlc, in which case I won’t be interested.

Cool, I'll add ya and you should give the multiplayer a chance. It is alot of fun and a great challenge, whether that challenge comes from the enemy spawns, or your team mate's actions :sad:

Kasumi's loyalty mission makes more sense before the end of Mass Effect 2, but there's nothing in the ending that invalidates what you do during her mission. So no matter when you play it, you're still helping her out and she gets what she wants in the end, and the only thing you're missing out on is an extra party member during the main game.

Imagine that the game forced all of your party members to die during the loyalty mission. Jack always dies when the Normandy is hit by the collector beam, Tali dies in the vents, Samara dies when she's making the biotic shield, Kasumi's hit by a stray bullet...

And then at the end, the game throws you back to before you went to get the Reaper IFF and tells you that now you can play Kasumi's loyalty mission! It would feel completely pointless, because she's just going to get shot in the head anyway.

In reference to the ending

I think what I'm most annoyed with is the complete lack of explanation as to any of it. Why was the Normandy randomly escaping the 'explosion'. I chose the synthesis ending and if all it did was turn everyone into organic/synthetic, why the shit did it destroy half the ship and make it crash? Does that mean that it just did that to all the fleets? Also how the frig did Liara end up on the Normandy when she was in London? I think there is definitely some weirdness going on with the whole thing. It seems like a huge cop out. I spent the entire game building alliances, fighting reapers, building fleets and building the crucible to just be told "You're fucked". Oh and why is the only ending where Shepard survives the 'bad' one!? So basically be a complete dick throughout it all and you live. Also why did the Mass Relays need to explode? Making any ending shit because they're all fucked anyway. Really awesome game and trilogy until that point. I would've much preferred they all died and that you SAW them die, at least then I know. One thing which leads me to believe that it's some dream is the fact that throughout the game when Shepard dreams, he's dreaming about the boy who died. Did no one question why the same boy was the catalyst? Where was Shepard standing at the end? Surely he'd be in a vacuum!? Oh and no fight with Harbinger either then? Awesome

Edited by ViPeR

Maybe you guys could discuss the ending in that other thread?

Good call saves all the damn spoiler tagging! I've started chatting over there instead.

On other non-ending talk, what's the general consensus on going back to ME1 having played ME2+3? I want to go back and do a total renegade arsehole playthrough but owning PS3 never played 1, may acquire either cheap 360 or wait till I have good PC (plan on buying on at some point in next year) just mechnically it sounds so poor my knowledge of 1 is basically wiki reading, youtube recaps and then the genesis comic. I've read how the mechanics of ME1 are very annoying and not as solid as 1+2 may lead to it not being a totally enjoyable experience.

Good call saves all the damn spoiler tagging! I've started chatting over there instead.

On other non-ending talk, what's the general consensus on going back to ME1 having played ME2+3? I want to go back and do a total renegade arsehole playthrough but owning PS3 never played 1, may acquire either cheap 360 or wait till I have good PC (plan on buying on at some point in next year) just mechnically it sounds so poor my knowledge of 1 is basically wiki reading, youtube recaps and then the genesis comic. I've read how the mechanics of ME1 are very annoying and not as solid as 1+2 may lead to it not being a totally enjoyable experience.

Ive just started playing 1 properly for the first time on the PC. Tried before last year on the 360 but not enough that I got to grips with it.

Took a bit to get used to the originals way of doing things but im enjoying it. I was surprised though just how quickly you get your team together, im only at the Citadel for the first time and ive only got one person to go.

Just had a very funny bug. I was in a conversation with a fair few people, when suddenly there was an awkward silence with everyone looking at Shepard. After about 8 or 9 seconds, Shepard suddenly spoke as though he had just remembered he was supposed to say a line there.

Just had a very funny bug. I was in a conversation with a fair few people, when suddenly there was an awkward silence with everyone looking at Shepard. After about 8 or 9 seconds, Shepard suddenly spoke as though he had just remembered he was supposed to say a line there.

Ha, sounds like a funny one!

I had just had a super annoying one where I had to load a previous save because I was stuck! Entered shop menu, left it and was surrounded!!!

Just uploaded it for viewing 'pleasure' (sorry for my annoying 'lame' voice...)

Sometimes, lines are just missing. If you have the subtitles on, there are loads of lines that don't come up. I've had quite a few bugs in this game tbh. Often people are invisible while delivering their lines...

I always have the subtitles on, and there was nothing showing for that bit. I haven't had a problem with missing lines or invisible people.

The only problem I've had is sometimes the "automatic" conversations can be quite delayed, so if you press A on the character before the automatic conversation start you'll hear some strange mix of the automatic conversation and the one you just initiated.

I had a crazy bug when i first got Liara onboard, I went in her room and spoke to her and she reintroduced glyph. Shepard looks at glyph as she introduces it, only my Shepard stayed looking at glyph all the way through the conversation, to the point where when glyph goes back round the room Shepard head did a 180 so it was the wrong way round, then as the game corrected itself it did a 720! (1 full and 1 half turn)

only happened as bad that once, but occasionally during conversations he is looking at something else and its wierd

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!