Mass Effect 3

gaggle64

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not around 9.30- 10?

fuck my bedtime. :zzz:

Maybe, actually. I don't know. Updates shortly! Depends what the missus is doing, tbf.

I don't sleep much at the moment. Last night I played ME3 til 1.40am and got up for work at 7.30am.

Spoiler free comment about the ending:

tQ5ip.png

Update

After i cured the Genofage, with Mordin dying the way he did. To be honest, i don't think there is a way you can save him. I did read online that you can convince him not to die if you have the rep high enough (the paragon trigger popped up, thats all). So i don't believe there is a way to save him, unless you go the renegade option. Eve kept spotting i was hiding some info that the Salarians told me. which i revealed. Couldn't let Wrex down, he's too awesome to let down. His brother, oh well. Even Wrex agreed with me when he got nerfed by that creature. I'm happy for Wrex and the Krogan now, they deserve it now.

There is only one way that Mordin can live. If Wrex died in the first game then you can convince Mordin to do the fake genophage.

There is only one way that Mordin can live. If Wrex died in the first game then you can convince Mordin to do the fake genophage.

To add to the above...

You also need to have destroyed Maelon's genophage data in Mass Effect 2, which will cause Eve to die.

That way, Shepard can try to convince Mordin that this isn't the right time to cure the genophage, as Wreav would just start another war after the Reapers have been defeated, and Mordin will comment that if Eve had been alive, she would have been able to keep him in check.

Mordin: "Glad you were here to keep me from making a mistake, Shepard."

Shepard: "Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

It's a much better scene if you let him sacrifice himself, though. :heh:

Hmm, well i think i made the right choice overall then. I suppose i can see the alternative with my other file.

A choice between a Doc who sings "Gilbert and Sullivan" or a Krogan empire, not hard really. Plus, you get a nicer cinematic as well. And sex-hungry Krogan........., but thats another story.

At least i saved the better Krogran (Wrex and Grunt) over the alternative (Wreav)

Like @Magnus mentioned, i think i made the right decision.

Had a check after my stint yesterday, my readiness meter has the "minimum" blue line, with "Green" on both sides of it Should really put a snap up, but alas i don't have access until later. I think i've beat the "minimum requirements" for the game.

Edited by Jimbob

You hate it. ;)

lol

I dont hate it, its just not what I expected or wanted. I wanted a proper happy ending, kill the Reapers, all species now get along, sip some drinks on a beach with Ashley and the rest of the crew. But no we get hologram space Jesus telling me it doesnt really matter what choices you made you're fucked anyway.

I deal with it though, the ride getting to the end was amazing.

The Truth DLC rumour is certainly interesting, and I would love for it to be a case.

It also makes a lot or sense, with how it ended there's no way to continue the franchise past that point, and there's not a whole lot of time between the First Contact War (the earliest point they could possibly start) and the games.

The franchise is too strong to simply not continue - no matter if it's another game like this (with new characters), a straight-out shooter (I can see a squad-based shooter happening, massively expanding on the multiplayer mode) or a MMO (which is also likely, especially as BioWare have had practice with The Old Republic). Even story-based DLC for ME3 likely be nowhere near as popular without them allowing the story (general story - the species and stuff) to continue past this point.

The extra multiplayer stuff (and what sounds like another N7 mission) sound like an apology.

Just finished the game. I really enjoyed it all the way through, although I still don't know what to think about the ending.

I couldn't have been paying attention properly at the end. The ghostly image of that kid told me my options, then I thought I needed to walk to the pillar of light to make my choice. I don't really feel like doing the whole ending again until my other playthrough, so what was it I should've done if I'd wanted the other 2 options?

You had three options to pick from. The middle lbeam of light then the paragon choice to the left and renegade to the right.

I was never sure that controlling the Reapers was the paragon option. It was the Illusive mans solution and the way Shepard spoke about it to weird catalyst kid made it sound like he didnt want to do it

Awesome...just let me know really there. I'd be up for a long session working way through as much as we can Bronze so they are all done.

Just picked it up tonight. Going to play SP tomorrow but would be up for MP on the weekend.

I was never sure that controlling the Reapers was the paragon option. It was the Illusive mans solution and the way Shepard spoke about it to weird catalyst kid made it sound like he didnt want to do it

It was surrounded by blue light just like paragon options and the renegade by red light.

The more I think about the way it ended the more it bugs me lol.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!