Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mass Effect 3

gaggle64

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you get something for having it go through the whole 45minutes?

You get some random weapon. Not sure if it's for the singleplayer or one of the many bonus multiplayer weapons (which are being given away with action figures and artbooks and stuff)

You get some random weapon. Not sure if it's for the singleplayer or one of the many bonus multiplayer weapons (which are being given away with action figures and artbooks and stuff)

Think I saw a trailer when I quit the demo. No idea how to see if I got that weapon or not :(

I have no interest in these items, but regardless it won’t affect my intentions of not playing the ME3 demo anyway. I’ll play the full game when it’s released.

That said, the guys over at Penny Arcade are praising that Kingdom of Amalur thing, which peaked my interest somewhat, I may try that demo, without unlocking the items.

Yeah, but I assume it’s tied to a savefile? Or is it actually tied to your EA account or something? I can just uninstall the demo before I install ME3.

It's on your EA/Origin account I believe. That's how they know who gets early multiplayer demo access.

Huh? What's wrong with a few additional optional items?

It's no different to pre-order items, or items you get with the Collector's Edition.

Anyway, I believe you can choose to not sign in to your EA account when playing the Kingdom of Amalur demo.

Edited by Cube

It's no different to pre-order items, or items you get with the Collector's Edition.

Exactly, which is why I hate those as well. Unless they’re purely cosmetical, then I don’t mind. But if they give even the slightest advantage to a player, then I’m not interested, it alters the gameplay. That said, you don’t have to use such items, but to me it’s just that the mere existence of such items affect my suspension of disbelief, my immersion in the game.

Edited by Sméagol

But the ones in Mass Effect 2 didn't really give an advantage, just different stat bonuses than other items in the game. To me, I see it as more choice rather than an actual advantage. They'll also likely be balanced to the earlier items in the game.

So I just picked up Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 and am enjoying it a lot more now that I picked a female Shepard (Always a good thing when you don't hate the person you're playing as - male Shepard has less charisma than a plank of wood). I'm probably a little under half way.

So basically, I haven't been following ME3 at all so anyone care to highlight any big changes? Maybe like if the improved on the awful running animation. Or made the upgrade weapon system less boring?

Obviously I'll be getting the PS3 version, if that makes a difference. Although ever since my 360 ME2 save got deleted somehow, that was a given. Was actually damn happy to see the motion comic allow me to pick all my choices from the first game (Fuck you Ashley you racist bitch! Sent her to her death).

Never got to the Omage 4 relay in the second one so looking forward to it. Also I swear I missed out Kasumi completely because I do not remember her mission one bit.

Party dress. Golden Saren statue. Dodgy South African accent. None of that ring a bell?

As for ME3, they've only really shown the big action moments; a lot has been leaked, but I've avoided that stuff for obvious reasons. It's a better looking game, certainly, the combat seems like another step towards the competency of a Gears/Uncharted, and they appear to have reinstated more of an RPG flavour; modular weapon customisation and more granular skill selection, namely.

I'm pretty sure the plot's going to pander to the worst segments of BioWare's fanbase — I'm not even joking when I say people on their forums have tried to analyse what Tali's sweat would taste like — but honestly I could take or leave the series' narrative as a whole; the Reapers aren't ominous and Indoctrination is a crutch that isn't even wielded effectively. I do love the universe surrounding the games, though, so as long as the side stuff and characters are good I'm still interested.

Party dress. Golden Saren statue. Dodgy South African accent. None of that ring a bell?

As for ME3, they've only really shown the big action moments; a lot has been leaked, but I've avoided that stuff for obvious reasons. It's a better looking game, certainly, the combat seems like another step towards the competency of a Gears/Uncharted, and they appear to have reinstated more of an RPG flavour; modular weapon customisation and more granular skill selection, namely.

I'm pretty sure the plot's going to pander to the worst segments of BioWare's fanbase — I'm not even joking when I say people on their forums have tried to analyse what Tali's sweat would taste like — but honestly I could take or leave the series' narrative as a whole; the Reapers aren't ominous and Indoctrination is a crutch that isn't even wielded effectively. I do love the universe surrounding the games, though, so as long as the side stuff and characters are good I'm still interested.

If it was DLC that would explain it. Although I might just not have got to it before I lost my save.

All those improvements are pretty much what I was hoping for so that's ace. I like my RPGs with RPG in them and the combat definitely needed advancing.

Not really surprised about the plot. It's pretty dire in the first two games (although my biggest gripe is that in the transition between the first and second they seem to have just chucked any momentum from the first game's story - e.g. The Council denying the Reaper's existence).

I'm assuming ME2 data carries over to ME3? My Shepard is a bad ass.

Also, am I going strange in the head or are there no grenades in Mass Effect 2?

Kasumi was dlc, so u probably didn't have it downloaded on the 360!

That would explain it. I like Kasumi.

Owww, that's annoying. They were always great for mixing things up. Do we know what they're like in ME3?

Also, what's the thing with the demo? Is it just an Xbox thing? (I know I should probably google but I'm trying to avoid spoilers for the end of ME2 let alone ME3.)

With the issues going on with GAME at the moment, i would suggest as a back-up that you order this from another store.

I've pre-ordered with ShopTo so I have nothing to worry about and would encourage others to do so too, not just for peace of mind but you also get it for a good price plus DLC and a free N7 T-shirt! :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!