NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

Ah, I thought he meant multiplayer. I picked carnage for my singleplayer vanguard.

Gave multiplayed a try last night for the first time and it's great. Picked a Human Vanguard to start off, despite there being a considerable level of animosity to them in the online community by the looks of things because people don't seem to know how to play the class properly. I've been using it since ME2 and know when to and when not to charge in (never on a group even if you pull Nova off, isolate at most two and then use it) so was annoyed to get booted from a lobby under the idea that I'd just charge into a group and die, especially when in the matches I'd played I did better than everyone else ::shrug:.

First match was against the Geth on Bronze with only 3 people and lasted till the final wave before a Geth Hunter and a Geth Prime cornered me, with a minute left until evac. A little disappointed but one of the other guys managed to survive so got a partial evac. Failed second match, successfully cleared the third and fourth and really enjoying it, even if Vanguard isn't the best class to go up against most of the enemies with.

So yeah, really enjoying it and they've handled the way powers can be used really well. Should keep me coming back for a while but for the moment, really just trying to get my Galactic Readiness up to 80% + so I can go on and finish the single player.

More than happy to jump in for some online with others in the evenings/night time if people can accept a Vanguard :awesome: May invest some time in a different class as well though as it'll make getting matches a little easier.

It turned out that whole of Mass Effect is Shepard, who is a 7-year old kid, playing with action figures.

That wouldn't surprise me, would be a typical EA-enforced ending if that were the case.

*Yet to beat said game in question, so i'm hoping that isn't the ending right there.

problem with the vanguard is that they can do so, so much damage, but it seems pretty conditional, especially if you want a decent charge time on powers (which means using a pistol or smg for a sidearm)

Ok cool Saturday nights especially good for me but having said that Sunday afternoon would be fine too.

I think those are both perfect times for me. Facebook me if you need.

It turned out that whole of Mass Effect is Shepard, who is a 7-year old kid, playing with action figures.

That wouldn't surprise me, would be a typical EA-enforced ending if that were the case.

*Yet to beat said game in question, so i'm hoping that isn't the ending right there.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

I think Power Drain is one of the best bonus powers. Not only can it strip your enemy's shields or barrier, it restores yours in the process and can naturally have other benefits depending on where you sink your points.

Even playing on Insanity I could zoom in on a Reaper Marauder with my Black Widow, drain his shields whilst still scoped then drop him in a single headshot.

A quick question:

what do you guys think about the ME and ME2 DLC's? Which ones are worth a look?

For Mass Effect 2, Kasumi and Zaeed are worth buying if you didn't get them for free with your copy of the game (but you probably did, so...). Lair of the Shadow Broker is easily the best DLC mission in the series. Project Overlord and Arrival are also both good (though not as good as Lair of the Shadow Broker), and the latter leads directly into the events at the beginning of Mass Effect 3. The Firewalker Pack is nothing special and neither is the Normandy Crash Site, but both are free with the Cerberus Network.

For the first game, Bring Down the Sky is decent and, I think, worth playing. Pinnacle Station, meanwhile, is trash and is just a bunch of repetitive arena battles.

A quick question:

what do you guys think about the ME and ME2 DLC's? Which ones are worth a look?

All of them

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Obviously, it was a lie.

But it would still have been a better ending than the one we got.

Out of the paid DLC, Pinnacle Station is the only DLC that has no impact on ME3.

Started my Insanity play through yesterday, been making some quite good progress.

I was looking into what would be the best option for my class, but after reading various topics it seems that the best option is the one your most comfortable with. This being the case I just started a new game+ with my soldier and i'm do alright so far.

I'm finding that just by using Liara's Singularity, Garrus' Overload and me with my Incinerate ammo, i'm making short work of the enemies. Saying that I have yet to face a Banshee, so i'm not gonna get too cocky just yet. :)

I played through the game on Hardcore, just to make it last longer. My body is ready for Insanity. I think grenades are going to piss me off though.

I think it's sheer number of enemies and toughness of their shields etc., I don't know if it directly correlates to single player difficulty, but I'm sure there's more enemies.

mhm that makes sense. TBH I'd hesitate to go past bronze without buddies and mics- today I was left guarding one flank by myself and all of a sudden I had a Geth Prime and a Geth Pyro right on top of me and nobody noticed to help out. Massive clusterfuck ensued.

Yeah that's the biggest problem with Silver/Gold. People never seem to notice when enemies are coming up behind until it's too late. I don't tend to use my mic unless it's with mates but I've wished I had it to hand just so I could shout "Prime behind you guys!"

In fact I'd say that's something of a flaw in the game, as other games give a pretty good indication when you're being hit from behind/sides.

Playing as my second playthough - a complete doucebag Shepard. The most horrific thing I've ever seen:

Mordin wouldn't listen to me about not curing the genophage. He stands up for his beliefs and starts walking to the lift.

The renegade option appears so I press it to stop him. I shot him. In the back. That's just....fucking cruel. Even for my "complete asshole" character.

Not only that, but you have to watch as Mordin crawl along the floor, blood pouring out of his mouth, with a severely heartbroken look on his face (the "saviour" of the galaxy just shot him in the back!) before he dies just before reaching the console to fix the cure.

I was absolutely horrified at what I had just done.

Playing as my second playthough - a complete doucebag Shepard. The most horrific thing I've ever seen:

Mordin wouldn't listen to me about not curing the genophage. He stands up for his beliefs and starts walking to the lift.

The renegade option appears so I press it to stop him. I shot him. In the back. That's just....fucking cruel. Even for my "complete asshole" character.

Not only that, but you have to watch as Mordin crawl along the floor, blood pouring out of his mouth, with a severely heartbroken look on his face (the "saviour" of the galaxy just shot him in the back!) before he dies just before reaching the console to fix the cure.

I was absolutely horrified at what I had just done.

Wow

From the sounds of it, the "Paragon" option, the one where you try to stop him nicely is better. Lets him do the cure singing "Gilbert and Sullivan" before blowing up.

I mean, Mordin must be even more pissed. He helped you stop the collectors, then you backstab him.

Finally settled down in to the vanguard class now. Silly me, I didn't realise the charge refills the shield gauge! Once you get in to that groove the class makes a lot more sense: there's a great gameplay loop where you deal some damage mid range, absorb a few hits, charge in to a group to refill then finish the fight with nova. High risk, but oh so powerful. #

Still not unlocked any more characters though. Boo! Did make some progress with upgrading my shotgun and heavy pistols.

Have you bought a Veteran pack yet? I have yet to not unlock a new character when buying one of those.

On the other hand, I've barely unlocked any weapons, so... yeah :/ I'm level 16 or 17 and using an M8 Avenger I.

Hahha

I've actually unlocked quite a few: the matlock, an smg, viper sniper IV, the Cerberus heavy pistol, the first pistol II, the fast shotgun up to II aaaaaaaand....yeah think that's it. Few mods here and there.