NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

Not making people happy is one thing

actually no closure whatsoever and a really stupid "The Citadel was built to enable the cycle and it's all controlled by a little AI" was just bullshit. BULL. SHIT.

Not making people happy is one thing
actually no closure whatsoever and a really stupid "The Citadel was built to enable the cycle and it's all controlled by a little AI" was just bullshit. BULL. SHIT.

the little ai kid isn't real....

the little ai kid isn't real....

Precisely! The cake is a lie! I expected a twist - like Shepard was being controlled all along, or some other crap. But after destroying the Reapers, we deserved a sense of closure, not this half-assed shit. The Quarian fleet, that just reclaimed their homeworld, is never going to make it home, all of the fleets are pretty much stranded in the Local Cluster. What the hell...

Precisely! The cake is a lie! I expected a twist - like Shepard was being controlled all along, or some other crap. But after destroying the Reapers, we deserved a sense of closure, not this half-assed shit. The Quarian fleet, that just reclaimed their homeworld, is never going to make it home, all of the fleets are pretty much stranded in the Local Cluster. What the hell...

As I've said before this is ending an millenium long cycle of cycles, this can't be without it repercussions. I think the lose of the mass relays is a good enough price to pay. In my mind there is no doubt at some point there will be a game set sometime in the future dealing with the make up the galaxy post ME2. The Quarians can slowly make their way home and whose to say at some the Mass Relay network can't be reassembled.

Me and @Mike1988uk will be discussing this and more in next weeks 30 Minute Gamers podcast!

As I've said before this is ending an millenium long cycle of cycles, this can't be without it repercussions. I think the lose of the mass relays is a good enough price to pay. In my mind there is no doubt at some point there will be a game set sometime in the future dealing with the make up the galaxy post ME2. The Quarians can slowly make their way home and whose to say at some the Mass Relay network can't be reassembled.

Me and @Mike1988uk will be discussing this and more in next weeks 30 Minute Gamers podcast!

The thing is... It needed to end. This feels like there's still a story to tell. And this was supposed to be final.

The thing is... It needed to end. This feels like there's still a story to tell. And this was supposed to be final.

I also think people were kidding themselves this was ever going to completely end....they were always gonna try and sell us some sort of DLC.

DLC is fine, it could slot in before certain missions. There was DLC for the previous game, but there was still a sense of finality even as things moved on to the events of the 3rd game.

Somehow, I believe the ending turned out the way it did to make sure it'll be the end. I think they tried to close all doors so that EA couldn't force them to do anything.

I personally don't think it NEEDS to end. Of course, you can't make games with the Reapers acting as antagonists forever. But when the Bond movies had over-used SPECTRE, they got rid of that organisation and had different ones.

Edited by darkjak

Okay, so I'm about half way through. If I look at the Galaxy Readyness thing in the war room the green bar is at about 3/4 full. If I get the whole bar green does that mean I have the max galaxy readyness.

Because I cannot be arsed to play the stupid online crap.

Yes. Except...

There's an extra five-second scene at the end if you have an EMS of 4,000 (or 5,000 depending on your decisions, I think). You won't be able to get that without playing multiplayer.

That said, you can only get it in one ending and it's really not worth the effort. I wouldn't bother.

I've played like 5 or 6 multiplayer matches. But as long as I just fill up that green bar, I'm good, is what you're saying?

Oi! I invested a lot of time and emotion into that game to get what was no more than a half-assed ... What? I can't even say cop-out. It was not an ending. It was the video game equivalent of the transition between Aliens and Alien 3.

You know all that character development and love you put into it...?

...hahaha! It wasn't worth shit, ner ner ner!

This. I'm curious if the same people who say they like the ending and to stop 'whining' are the same that have been invested since ME1....

This. I'm curious if the same people who say they like the ending and to stop 'whining' are the same that have been invested since ME1....

In fairness, I only started at ME2.

All these damn spoilers are annoying! Can't wait to retrospectively read through the old posts to see what you lot are saying.

I'm actually enjoying multiplayer a lot for some reason. It hasn't gotten repetitive for me. I've done all the N7 missions successfully to get the achievement which was surprising since I didn't know I had to do that.

As for single player, Wrex is hilarious, especially with DLC character.

Jacob's mission was so dull. Only real low point of the game at the moment.

Jacob's mission was so dull. Only real low point of the game at the moment.

Comparing it to the N7 missions, yes it was crap. Comparing it to a few other missions, it ranks in the lower 5 of missions.

Is it just me, or have Bioware overused the whole "Shephard falls off/nearly falls off of stuff" thing in their cutscenes?

What do you have to do to make Ashley join your team? She just stood outside the Normandy and said she doesen't want to when I played through. I really wanna know, as I've started over the whole series and I'm now romancing her (Tali on my first playthrough).

Is it just me, or have Bioware overused the whole "Shephard falls off/nearly falls off of stuff" thing in their cutscenes?

What do you have to do to make Ashley join your team? She just stood outside the Normandy and said she doesen't want to when I played through. I really wanna know, as I've started over the whole series and I'm now romancing her (Tali on my first playthrough).

I have no idea...I think it may be based on first game...i didn't play 1 but using the comic sided with her throughout.

She joined me after Priority: Citadel. Didn't really do anything special - just talked to her whenever possible like I did all other characters.

Comparing it to the N7 missions, yes it was crap. Comparing it to a few other missions, it ranks in the lower 5 of missions.

What are N7 missions?

What are N7 missions?

The N7 missions are the random ones you get with little plot. They take place on the multiplayer maps.

I think I read on the wiki you need a high enough paragon bar to get her back. I had no problems in doin so.. She seems to be skeptical of you for working with Cerberus in ME2, but that skepticism disappeared quickly in my game. Did you visit her in the hospital, and were you being nice in general?

The renegade side is stupid... You can only make all the worst decisions and the galaxy ends off worse off for it

You lose the Krogans and Wrex for the sake of the Salarians, who join you in the end anyway.

If renegade options are going to take away from some assets, they should offer you more in other places...

Edited by Shorty