NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

I really need to watch Sparticus, my trainer mentioned it this morning and my face was a bit blank.

Goafer - I have quite a few issues with itunes, the more updates the worse it seems to get, so I tend to stick with spotify (not to mention working for them, but before that too.)

Goafer - I have quite a few issues with itunes, the more updates the worse it seems to get, so I tend to stick with spotify (not to mention working for them, but before that too.)

I just despise Apple. I see no point in updating it when I have an old iPod that doesn't support all the new features. I just use iTunes for moving music onto my iPod now.

Of course, this will probably change when I get an iPhone (I'm getting one ridiculously cheap second hand so none of the money will go to Apple. I'm living the dream).

I'm really growing to despise my profession (journalist). So many times, the media sensationalises, they lie, they distort facts, they scaremonger...I'm getting sick of it.

I'm fairly certan that I didn't get on the Masters degree for it because I expressed my dislike for this current trend in journalism during the interview when asked for my opinion.

I just despise Apple. I see no point in updating it when I have an old iPod that doesn't support all the new features. I just use iTunes for moving music onto my iPod now.

Of course, this will probably change when I get an iPhone (I'm getting one ridiculously cheap second hand so none of the money will go to Apple. I'm living the dream).

You can move tracks and stuff on spotify, although I'd read up about it, apparently it stores all your tracks on spotify when you sync it and wipes the ipod so you have to basically keep re-doing it each time, I'm pretty sure they are changing it at some point! But we're trying to beat itunes.

I'm fairly certan that I didn't get on the Masters degree for it because I expressed my dislike for this current trend in journalism during the interview when asked for my opinion.

Maybe that's one of the reasons they took you on. Thinking outside the box and the like.

The truth, massage it.

Maybe that's one of the reasons they took you on. Thinking outside the box and the like.

The truth, massage it.

They didn't take me on, that's the thing lol

What the fuck? I'm suing my former employer for my missing pay from February. The court deadline for their response was the 11th, and I received no response from them, which means I can request a judgment which will automatically go in my favour due to their lack of response. I went to the website, but, oh no it's down for maintenance. Great. I had to wait until an hour ago (checking it every few hours for the last few days), and what do I find? They've filed a defence. On the 12th. After the deadline. What the fuck? I would have filed for a judgment and had their arses if the court website wasn't so shit, and now they've been able to file AFTER the deadline.

What makes this more annoying is that I can't see their defence until I get it in the post. If they're allowed to file defence after deadlines, I expect them to get the defence to me asap...

So, so, so annoyed and frustrated right now.

Can you not get the defence disallowed or whatever since it was after the deadline?

Can you not get the defence disallowed or whatever since it was after the deadline?

I'll give the court a ring tomorrow and ask. I'll also let y'all know what their defence is when I know. If it's what I suspect (that in the first week I didn't do the full hours as they didn't have classes to give me), then, well, I have them by the balls - I'm missing a quarter of my salary, and I'll claim that they contractually owe it to me the full amount, and, regardless, I still did some work that week, though they should at least pay me for that.

Why didn't you try contacting them another way if the website was down?

Once I've filed through the website, you can only request a judgement through it - I already rang the court once to ask that, before seeing that they'd filed a response.

Thanks to the wondrous leap forward in technology that is the digital switch-over, I can no longer get ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Dave and a host of other channels. Not even a case of crap signal, they just don't show up at all any more. Marvelous.

Many would consider that a blessing, but it's still a piss take.

lolwhut?! That the digital changeover thing that we've had 5 years to plan for? My tv won't stop telling me to get ready to retune my tv in march 2012... Howcomeitsoborkforyou?

Actually scratch my initial assumption. It's not the digital switch-over yet.

My TV signal just dropped last night. No channels at all. Turned the TV off and went to bed. Still not working when I got home. Retuned the digital channels today and I've lost most of the previous channels.

On analogue, the signal is garbage. Don't even get channel 4. Either the TV is borked (doubt it as some channels work fine), aerial or some sort of signal change.

Bleh, I don't watch TV much anyway. Guess I have no reason to at all now.

Edit: Our digital switchover is in progress though apparently. Today was one of the stages. Next stage is 28th September.

Edited by Goafer

Why don't you get digital in some way shape or form?

Freeview boxes cost next to nothing these days. Freesat isn't that expensive either and you can get HD through that.

He had got a digital receiver of some sort. That is what's losing channels - analogue, as he says, is producing shitty pictures. Hopefully it's just to do with the transitional phase - but I have no idea about these things.

I live about 20 mins from Goafer so get a different tv signal to him. We had ours a month or two ago. Lost all analogue channels apart from BBC2, that one will go when its all turned off. Its just being done gradually and then the digital signal will become stronger as they remove the analogue one.

It sounds to me Goafer that you either had to re-tune on an iffy day so you didnt get all your channels or there was a bit of an error. Either way I expect if you re-tune in a few days you'll have everything back.

Ugh, I need a dump.

I dislike taking a dump late at night. Well not late, but at night.

People might hear. Hope I don't grunt. Should be fine. Not an ideal situation though.

One of my favourite bands (Brand New) are playing in London and the people I would usually go with I no longer talk to so I have no-one to go with :(

Grrrr...angry martins!

my hotmail account was hijacked and started sending out spam to everyone so I had to shut it down and create a new one. I've been spending what little i have left of this day changing my primary e-mail address on I don't know how many sites >__>

So, knowing that if it wasn't for your wonderful girlfriend that you'd be feeling kinda suicidal right now is a bad sign, right? I mean, it's a good sign for the strength of your feelings in the relationship, but it's bad on the whole, isn't it?

Feeling pretty fucking useless right now. :(

Edited by The fish