NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Both are good to have. They really are so equal it's unreal. Maybe we should just pick the better-looking (they're both girls) to make the stats department prettier.

Both are good to have. They really are so equal it's unreal. Maybe we should just pick the better-looking (they're both girls) to make the stats department prettier.

I was just about to suggest if one were male and the other female to choose the girl but as they're both girls I would suggest using your tactic. If you want I'll judge for you?

They're women? In that case, fire a guy and hire them both.

If I were a boss, my workplace would look like the cast of an American sitcom.

Yes because your morals would let you do that, at least I hope not!

It sounds like it might be better to go with the person with the dissertation, specially given she's got enough presence, it seems to be a slight tip over the other girl.

Odd situation.

Bit worried about flat hunting, but we'll see..

If I were a boss, my workplace would look like the cast of an American sitcom.

TheCosbyShow.jpg

It's a nice dream.

If they are both so equal, go with the one with presence.

Presence can be learnt, but it's not exactly easy as it typically involves a change in mentality. They may not have the dissertation, but if they are equal, then surely they could produce it anyway if they had too. But you can't suddenly make someone confident and assertive.

It sounds like it might be better to go with the person with the dissertation

If they are both so equal, go with the one with presence.

Not helping. :)

It's because Mr falcon is wronggggg.

In the best possible way of course. :heart:

It's because Mr falcon is wronggggg.

In the best possible way of course. :heart:

Mr Falcon? What's with all the formalities?

I think you know me well enough to call me Douglas, Miss Wolf :p

Oh, and I'm not wrong. My pick is likely to make more of a name for themselves and get involved outside their role. Yours will do the job excellently but nothing more. Mine would do it pretty darn good but more likely to take on other stuff and push themelves within the organisation becoming a more valuable asset overall.

Of course, it also makes them more likely to leave if the company can't give them the opportunities they crave but they hold the greater potential overall.

Don't think my mum is taking the news that my nan has to go into 24 hour care very well. She's being very sombre and quiet and she's never like this. She's always been a rock. When my nan had her heart attack, it didn't hit mum hard. When she had the stroke, it didn't hit her hard...but now, I don't know...

Don't think my mum is taking the news that my nan has to go into 24 hour care very well. She's being very sombre and quiet and she's never like this. She's always been a rock. When my nan had her heart attack, it didn't hit mum hard. When she had the stroke, it didn't hit her hard...but now, I don't know...
I'd imagine all those things hit your mum incredibly hard!... but now maybe it's getting a bit much. She was staying strong before, best just to stay strong for her now.

I don't know if I can. Everytime I see my nan, it kills me. I hate seeing her like this. It's destroying me.

And now I'm going to have to see her away from her own home, a home we're going to have to sell so she can be in fulltime care...it's just soul destroying

There's only one way in which you can have a clear conscious after this: Resign so they can both have jobs.

Head of stats had made up his mind this morning, so I was happy to roll with his decision. Going with dissertation girl.

I am happy to put you all out of your misery.

When I read the later posts, I thought you were all referring to the stage collapse in Indiana...eeek. Glad to hear your family are ok, Eenuh.

--

Hardcore 5-hour accounting session r hurt mah shoulder :(

When I read the later posts, I thought you were all referring to the stage collapse in Indiana...eeek. Glad to hear your family are ok, Eenuh.

Thanks. It's a miracle no one I know got hurt, there's so many people I know that go there as it's in our city.

5 people have died now, with 3 still fighting for their lives as well. The videos of this are just so scary.

If you start watching at 1:20, you can see the tent collapse and people trying to get out...

Branch falling through a tent:

http://www.deredactie.be/permalink/1.1090483

And a tree falling on top of a tent:

http://www.deredactie.be/permalink/1.1090930

Someone posted a video of the camping during the storm; tents just went flying through the air. God. Nature can be so destroying.

Edited by Eenuh
fixed the link

ooo I saw that on the news a while ago...would have been shitting myself if i were there.

By the way, both your links are for the same video

Edited by martinist

I heard about it on the bbc, awful stuff. :(

Had an awful day with housing, just terrible, don't even want to think about it, so I'm not.

Had a fucking shit day at work. Don't know if I can hack it after all - am simply a senior sales assistant in training but because the Deputy Manager is so incompetant, I'm essentially running the store when he's in. The manager knows all about it but can't really do anything and thus we're stuck in a rut.

The worst thing is that my old job isn't even there for me any more as they've hired someone to fill my contract in my old store. Which means if I change my mind or fail my MTL course (training) I'll basically lose my job. And with the store being such a major effort drainer I can't give it my all. Seriously worried. Fun times.