NEurope
jayseven

Cheese

(offtopic: any fellow natto-lovers? :D)

Well I had to try it because of its notorious reputation, but I found it pretty boring really, despite several people telling me how much I'd hate it. It's alright I suppose. I wasn't aware you could get it outside of Japan.

I found it quite boring when I first tried it too (what smell?), but really good with tare and karashi. Plus it's fun (and messy) to eat :D

I didn't think I'd be able to find it here either, but they have frozen 3- or 4-packs in an Asian supermarket.

Edited by EddieColeslaw
appended text

As a first year uni student, I pretty much live off cheese toasties <3

No fair. This thread made want cheese but all I have is an ounce or two of slightly moldy Kraft cheddar. I'll just have to make do with this until I can get some proper cheese.

Mozzarella is most definitely a real cheese; at least proper mozzarella is. There is just no comparison between fresh mozzarella and the lame rubbery low moisture mozzarella that you find with the rest of your common brand cheeses. Surely you must be referring to the latter as fake.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to find buffalo's milk mozzarella around here. Is it that much better than cow's milk mozzarella?

Both are actually still mozzarella. The cow's milk one is normally called Mozzarella Fior Di Latte and the buffalo, as the name suggests, Mozzarella Di Bufala. Both have their redeeming qualities, but most supermarket varieties don't really compare to the fresh fresh stuff.

Both are actually still mozzarella. The cow's milk one is normally called Mozzarella Fior Di Latte and the buffalo, as the name suggests, Mozzarella Di Bufala. Both have their redeeming qualities, but most supermarket varieties don't really compare to the fresh fresh stuff.

The problem with Moccarella is it's quite a bland cheese, especially what they put on pizzas. Although I do quite like the consistency of it, especially when melted, it is quite lacking really.

Ah cheese. A favourite of mine, be it melted or not.

As i like so many different cheese's, i can only name a few of my favourites. Which include Blue Stilton, Edam, Red Leicester, Mature Cheddar, Brie and Smoked.

and Smoked.

Oh god, you just reminded me of smoked cheese, I love that stuff. Before I only considered smoking viable for meats and fish, but it works so well with cheese too.

I too like cheese but never really go out of my way to try new kinds. Generally just have strong, mature cheddar or red leicester in the fridge for use, or some edam/dutch maadsam (think that's how the latter is spelt). Love Parmesan. I have been known to blanket pasta in the stuff from time to time because I like it so much.

Also like Brie and Camembert (they're fantastic if you make those little deep fried parcel things with the cheese inside. Really nice). And although I haven't had it in years, the times I've had Roquefort I've really enjoyed it.

I have cheese every day. I can't make toast or a sandwich unless I have cheese in it. Since I don't like milk or chocolate, it's my main source of calcium.

Cheese is a lazy person's main foodstuff. Hungry? Cheese sandwiches! Or cheese on toast. Both are filling/tasty.

Cheese is a lazy person's main foodstuff. Hungry? Cheese sandwiches! Or cheese on toast. Both are filling/tasty.

Sure, but it's not much trouble to add to it.

Tuna melts are awesome.

Also like Brie and Camembert (they're fantastic if you make those little deep fried parcel things with the cheese inside. Really nice).

I had deep fried brie at a wedding a couple of years ago and it was delicious! I definitely need to have it again at some point in my life :heh:

Lancashire.

It's crumbly and tangy and is great on toast as it doesn't go massively gooey

BUMPOMG, bought some Red Leicester cheese earlier and now I can use this GIF properly.

tumblr_li85keg6Aa1qg5qws.gif

It's so...I'm actually drooling.

Firsttiemlol? Yes, cheese is great. I feel that you bumped this thread rather than making a new one as a salute to the great OP :P

Everyone should grate all of their cheese before they use it. PROVEN FACT (without citation) that grated cheese tastes better.

Was going to post a new one but thought this was only on the second page so it was cool. Plus, the OP was wise in his thread creation.

Maybe we should have a KNEE cheese tasting club. :heh:

I live just around the corner from an Artisan Cheese store and it's pretty much the greatest place I've ever been. I regularly go in and buy Blue Cheese, Camembert, some sort of smoked cheese and probably some other stuff too. Anything that's blue and creamy I simply adore. I also loved some baked soft cheese on a crispy bread of some sort. Unfortunately this cheese shop also has a delicious meat counter, so inevitably I buy some cured ham to go with my cheese. All washed down with a fine Port from the wine region near by. Such good times.

I LOVE CHEESE!

I live just around the corner from an Artisan Cheese store and it's pretty much the greatest place I've ever been. I regularly go in and buy Blue Cheese' date=' Camembert, some sort of smoked cheese and probably some other stuff too. Anything that's blue and creamy I simply adore. I also loved some baked soft cheese on a crispy bread of some sort. Unfortunately this cheese shop also has a delicious meat counter, so inevitably I buy some cured ham to go with my cheese. All washed down with a fine Port from the wine region near by. Such good times.

I LOVE CHEESE![/quote']

I am constantly amazed at how good your life seems :heh:

This thread has inspired me to have a cheese toastie. Woopa!

This thread made me want cheese! Currently chomping on some Isle of Bute Cheddar, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Jarlsberg and Brie (with the rind left on, heathen!). Need to get some more in really, not as much choice as normal. Got some Mexicana in the fridge, but not in the mood of spicy cheese.

My favourites are Thomas Hoe's aged Leicestershire Red, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Davidstowe, Mozzarella Di Buffala And Chevre Blanc. If I was to pick my ultimate it would have to be Parmigiano-Reggiano, though smoked Mozzarella Di Buffala comes pretty close. They're all great though especially washed down with a good beer!

I live just around the corner from an Artisan Cheese store and it's pretty much the greatest place I've ever been. I regularly go in and buy Blue Cheese' date=' Camembert, some sort of smoked cheese and probably some other stuff too. Anything that's blue and creamy I simply adore. I also loved some baked soft cheese on a crispy bread of some sort. Unfortunately this cheese shop also has a delicious meat counter, so inevitably I buy some cured ham to go with my cheese. All washed down with a fine Port from the wine region near by. Such good times.

I LOVE CHEESE![/quote']

Artisan cheese store as in they make their own? Or they buy from small producers? Just curious how the yanks are doing vs over here (one thing's for sure, it's got to be better than the midlands. This place is a cesspit! To this lot Iceland is good food... :nono:)

Artisan cheese store as in they make their own? Or they buy from small producers? Just curious how the yanks are doing vs over here (one thing's for sure, it's got to be better than the midlands. This place is a cesspit! To this lot Iceland is good food... :nono:)

They buy it in from lot's of small producers. They quite often have a load of tables set up outside for you to go along and taste new stuff, then you can order what you want for next time. I should really start making lists of the ones I try so I know which ones I like. Moleskine do a wine journal but no cheese one damnit

will's life makes me want to kill myself.

and vice-versa!