N-Europe

Chess

jayseven

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking love Chess. Had some great games with Ine last year, in her garden and on her trampoline.

I haven't got time to play at the moment though. Things are very busy and I'm barely finding time to even come on here. After the next few weeks, I could probably be able to give a tournament a go, although I bet I would suck arse compared to proper Chess demons.

I don't know another option. Facebook's chess.com account is pretty good. You can just join the chess.com website if you wish? If you can find a decent chess game client then go ahead :) I'm sure there's something out there.

It's not a problem, really. I'll create an account and use it solely for this(these) tournament(s)

jayseven

cube

Charlie

Diageo

Peeps

Flameboy

Mike1988uk

mundi

Haden

Jonnas

R_A

11 playahs! I'm online all night. if anyone wants a game on facebook/yahoo then post in here/pm me and consider it a practice :) I can draw up a tournament, but it would mean 4 people would have to play 4 rounds instead of 3. Unless we can get 5 more people!

P.S.: I may say "Roque", instead of "Castling".

Or "Horse" instead of "Knight"

Or "Tower" instead of "Rook"

I like PT names better, really. I'll try to adapt, but if I end up using any of the above by accident, now you know.

PT names?

Having played chess since I was tiny I what all of their names actually are but I've always called them as follows because I didn't used to know their names:

Knight = Horse

Rook = Castle

Bishop = Diagonal thing

Eenuh; the piece names confused me for ages :) Castle/rook is the only one with duality issues, and the knight/horse... well if you refer to it as a horse then everyone knows which piece you mean!

I'm going to consider the current players to be;

jayseven

cube

Eenuh?

Diageo

Peeps

:)

I'll join. I rarely get beaten at chess but I probably just played crap people:)