NEurope
Dan_Dare

I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more!

Alright forum, fuck this. Seriously. I mean, what the fuck is up with this weather, amarite? This should be an awesome day where I get to go for a drink with an amazing girl for the first time in bastard ages but no! Fucking no! It has to snow like an absolute bastard motherfucker[/i,] paralysing the shit our ability to traverse the not inconsiderable distance between us on our day off from work.I mean, where's the fucking justice? It's fucking outrageous. Fuck it. What sort of civilised society are we supposed to call this when some bloody cold water completely eradicates public infrastructure and causes such massive damage to my ability to see boobs? It's an assault on my basic human rights and I won't stand for it! Maybe Nick Clegg is snowed in up the road and I can go and kick his ass for this. The shit. Can't believe I voted for those fucking pussies, man. at least Labour won in my area, but I still don't own up to that vote some times when people ask.

But more to the point: my plans lie shattered at my feet, buried by the tundra and I'm fucked off about it. Fuck it all immeasurably. Fuck!

Edited by Dan_Dare

34o3dvk.jpg

I am usually of the same mindset. Especially last year, when us Scots were al ROFLing at the English panic over snow we had to deal with all the time. But apparently it's really strong up there now too. My old school had a Snow Day for the first time in ten years (according to my sister).

Bristol = No Snow last night,

Just fucking freezing temperatures.

I want snow, but then I have boobies at home on demand, so It's not so bad if I am snowed in.

I hate waking up and getting out of bed in the morning! I don't think I've ever been this cold in my life and I'm not exaggerating. Normally, I'm like "Oh, it's a little cold" but this year, I can really feel it. I can't stop shivering.

What annoys me most about this weather is that the councils had to cheek to go on TV news broadcasts and say, "Yes, we're well prepared for any snowfall this year. There won't be another balls up like last year." I don't know what it's like down your way DD, although sounds bad-ish, but up here there's a hell of a lot of snow and the roads haven't been plowed or gritted, some of the main roads in Scotland are shut, schools/shops/businesses are shut and it's just a damn mess. If they were prepared then why the hell haven't they gotten to work on clearing up the snow?

I have things I need to go out and do, important things (although perhaps not as important as your going out Dan) but I can't because of the damned weather! :nono:

I'm in Sheffield, which isn't great but I'm aware the sitch in Scotland and the Norheast is a lot worse (though I think my personal circumstances make up for it)

raaaage!

I'm in Sheffield, which isn't great but I'm aware the sitch in Scotland and the Norheast is a lot worse (though I think my personal circumstances make up for it)

raaaage!

Fortunately it's not too bad in the centre of Glasgow.

I'm raging for the following reasons:

• Viking Direct tells me online that my iPad is due to be delivered today and I receive a package from them containing a packing list and nothing else?! Phone them up and apparently its due tomorrow.
  • I was out last night and was pulling this girl for ages. I ask for her number which she types into my phone. Go to check my phone just now, oh wait, too many fucking digits.
  • Said girl, whilst in the cloakroom queue, gets poached by another guy.

My dad sent me a picture of his van this morning with snow up to the bonnet.

There's not a single flake here nor a cloud in the sky.

Hull is fairly snowy. Snowy enough that I'm not bothering going out in my car, even the main roads are still snowed up.

I've heard from my parents that back home (Mansfield area) it's a hell of a lot worse. I was planning on going home this weekend, but that's not happening. :(

Man up motherfucker, dig, surf, walk, plow, sled through that snow if necessary. Snow is no reason to be deprived of boobies.

Unless of course she refuses to go out and you can't just go hang at her place and have a day in.

Man up motherfucker, dig, surf, walk, plow, sled through that snow if necessary. Snow is no reason to be deprived of boobies.

Unless of course she refuses to go out and you can't just go hang at her place and have a day in.

*jumps in, with nothing to add to the topic* Excellent idea, I want to see someone surfing on the snow now :hehe:

My road is up to my knees, I love it.

Yes I don't get to see my parents when I've wanted to go home for weeks and yes I booked time off to do this..yes I'm annoyed.

But get off your arse and walk in it, realise that it can be fun and pretty, stop being a grump ;).

Are you from mainland Europe and looking to fit in on a trip to England? Make use of following handy phrase and you'll be indistinguishable from a native:

"God, it's too fucking temperate! I'm neither too cold or too hot, it's the worst."

Snow isn't too bad in Glasgow where I am, but I almost got marooned in Dundee over the weekend. And this weekend I'm meant to be going to Manchester, which may not happen now. And even if it does, I have an exam on Monday morning so I better not get stuck there aswell. Plus,

ITS BLOODY FREEZING!!

Snow isn't too bad in Glasgow where I am, but I almost got marooned in Dundee over the weekend. And this weekend I'm meant to be going to Manchester, which may not happen now. And even if it does, I have an exam on Monday morning so I better not get stuck there aswell. Plus,

ITS BLOODY FREEZING!!

I don't actually think it's cold, it only get cold if you get wet, so just don't jump in the snow. Like i have...then it's ridiculously cold, my hands went really blue, it actually hurt.

My road is up to my knees, I love it.

Yes I don't get to see my parents when I've wanted to go home for weeks and yes I booked time off to do this..yes I'm annoyed.

But get off your arse and walk in it, realise that it can be fun and pretty, stop being a grump ;).

I have walked in it. Not that far, mind- it was an epic mission just going for a haircut down the road! I'd have to make it all the way to sodding Crookes to see her tonight :(

Fucking Crookes. What the fuck?

I have walked in it. Not that far, mind- it was an epic mission just going for a haircut down the road! I'd have to make it all the way to sodding Crookes to see her tonight :(

Fucking Crookes. What the fuck?

Pah, re-arrange, or agree to meet somewhere for a coffee in town. It's not the end of the world, although it may seem it.

I love it, I was annoyed on sunday, but it's so deep and white and pretty that I can't be mad at it.

Councils do really annoy the feck out of me. Cardiff is pretty clear, according to my Dad. They have at least cleared the snow off all main roads and pavements (well, gritted them anyway), the M4 is open and flowing and all that. Which is nice.

If the Council says they are prepared for the snow, then be prepared for the snow. Get out there and grit the roads, clear the snow and get the towns open again. It is nearly Christmas and there are places in the UK that cannot go out and shop, because of the snow.

Where i am, there is no snow on the ground. Newport is relatively clear (ain't been to town for a while) and Cardiff is functional. There may be some snow over-night, but all the forecasters are saying it is warming up a bit with rain over the weekend.

ITS BLOODY FREEZING!!

Whereabouts in Glasgow are you? Over in Partick, BBC Weather tells me it should be snowing at the moment and should have been all afternoon but there isn't a hint off it.

Got a couple inches here.

I think you're just making excuses because you're too scared you'll fail.

Man. The. Fuck. Up. And. Plow. Her.

(see what I did there ;) Plow relates to snow!)

I don't actually think it's cold, it only get cold if you get wet, so just don't jump in the snow. Like i have...then it's ridiculously cold, my hands went really blue, it actually hurt.

When they turn off the heating for 6 hours in the middle of the day, it gets pretty damn cold.

Seriously, no heating gets pumped into my flat between 11am and 5pm. Wtf is that shit?

Whereabouts in Glasgow are you? Over in Partick, BBC Weather tells me it should be snowing at the moment and should have been all afternoon but there isn't a hint off it.

Got a couple inches here.

Maryhill / West End. Theres a bit of snow on the ground and every now and then theres a fairly heavy snowfall, but all in all its really not that bad here. Glasgow seems to have escaped it compared to everywhere else, my hometown is right between Glasgow and Edinburgh and its absolutely fucked.

Gizmo; sounds like your heating is on a timer. Check that shit!

Oh you're in halls or something. Ha!

Maryhill / West End. Theres a bit of snow on the ground and every now and then theres a fairly heavy snowfall, but all in all its really not that bad here. Glasgow seems to have escaped it compared to everywhere else, my hometown is right between Glasgow and Edinburgh and its absolutely fucked.

Murano?

Didn't realise you were at uni in Glasgow (the rest of what I'm about to post is going to assume you are, so if you aren't, sorry :heh: ). What are you studying? In first year I take it?