NEurope
Retro_Link

Uncharted (The Movie)

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1136763p1.html

Wahlberg Confirms Uncharted

Max Payne to play Nathan Drake in video game adaptation.

It was just a couple of weeks ago when word broke that writer-director David O. Russell was planning to cast his Three Kings star Mark Wahlberg as Nathan Drake in the game-to-film adaptation Uncharted. And now Wahlberg has confirmed to IGN that he is in fact taking on the project.

While promoting his latest film, The Fighter, which he also made with Russell, the former Max Payne told us that he will do whatever the director wants him to do when it comes to Uncharted. Additionally, the actor confirmed that Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro are also in the running to join the project.

It's not clear who the two Raging Bull and Goodfellas costars would play, though De Niro seems like a good match to play Drake's mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan, wouldn't you say?

Really?... he's such a bland actor!! and I don't really think he looks that much like Nathan Drake anyway!

The reaction on Twitter is great - it became a trending topic because so many people thought it was a stupid choice.

Nathan Fillion is perfect for the role and he wanted to do it, too.

Yeah, the inclusion of Mark Walhberg just makes this film no better than mediocre already!

It's gotta be impossible to get excited about 'a Mark Wahlberg film'!

Edited by Retro_Link

As I said when ReZ mentioned this on Facebook, I think it's terrible casting and I won't be bothering seeing the movie at the cinema anymore.

I would like to have seen Fillion (obviously) or Joe Flanigan from Stargate Atlantis as Drake.

I've no interest in a live-action Uncharted movie. I'd say it was doomed to disappoint, but realistically no one should have any expectations for it to fall short of.

If they insist on making a film, go down the CGI route using the voice cast and visual style of the games.

Concerned, but still optimistic about this project. It could still be gre... FUCKING WAHLBERG!

What? No love for Marky Mark?

I liked him in the Departed, mostly because he barely spoke at all.

I don't know who these actors are.

But Nathan Filthing should definitely get it because his name is Nathan.

It just makes sense.

hmmm....this goes from a film I'd want to see to one I'd not want to see...I'm just not a fan of Mark Walhberg to be honest...

Also I'm not sure what to make of reports that it would look into his family etc...with his Dad possible making an appearance as either Joe Pesci or De Niro. I think if they were going to explore something like his family I would rather see it done in the games by the naughty dog writing team.

Who gives a shit who's in it, if it's good to watch and enjoyable, i wouldn't give a shit if ReZ was Nathan Drake tbh, aslong as it was a good watch.

Who gives a shit who's in it, if it's good to watch and enjoyable, i wouldn't give a shit if ReZ was Nathan Drake tbh, aslong as it was a good watch.

This didn't need to be made. They should call it something else tbh, disassociate it entirely.

No serious director is going to want to take this up anyway, the whole concept of it is just bland. Half pun, but any territory this will be treading will already be chartered.

Nathan Drake is likeable but he's about as deep as Jason Statham.

Because to tell you the truth... I don't give a shit.

It's gonna be shit!

Never heard of the director. Bland actor. It DIDN'T need a movie!

The game does a perfect job of being more enjoyable than ANY action movie in about 10 years.

There's a definite link between who is in it and how enjoyable it is. It's not like it's a small role, it's the leading role. If the film doesn't have a good casting choice, then it's a good bet to assume that it will be less enjoyable as a result of that. :heh:

Anyway, it's a film based on a game. Who had any hope in this in the first place?

This didn't need to be made. They should call it something else tbh, disassociate it entirely.

No serious director is going to want to take this up anyway, the whole concept of it is just bland. Half pun, but any territory this will be treading will already be chartered.

Nathan Drake is likeable but he's about as deep as Jason Statham.

Because to tell you the truth... I don't give a shit.

I think is part of the reason we are hearing rumours that his family and most noticably Dad will feature in the film so they try to flesh out him as a character through his relationship with others. I'm getting some feeling they are gonna try evoke the last crusade with it all....

How can a crappy Mark Wahlberg movie compare to a 6-10 hour, interactive and quite frankly outstanding game that already feels like a great action movie anyway?

Or as Sully would say

Man, this is like trying to find a bride in a brothel

This is applicable, right?

Uncharted's Really a Family Film

The big screen version of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is starting to sound less like Raiders of the Lost Ark and more like National Treasure. Director David O. Russell says his upcoming game-to-film adaptation will focus on treasure-hunting hero Nathan Drake (to be played by Mark Wahlberg) -- as well as his extended family.

The writer-director, who said he is now halfway done with his script, told The Los Angeles Times, "This idea really turns me on that there's a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities ... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice."

"We'll have the family dynamic, which we've done in a couple of movies now," said Russell, whose past films about dysfunctional familes include Flirting with Disaster and The Fighter. "And then you take that and put it on the bigger, more muscular stage of an international action picture, but also put all the character stuff in it. That's a really cool idea to me."

Russell also called the urgency of the Uncharted production, a high priority for Columbia Pictures who wants the film out sooner than later, "a locomotive."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137651p1.html

A "locomotive" is the perfect term for this film as it'll turn out to be a train wreck.

Oh so he's taking liberties.

Mother fucker.

Because video game movies have a good reputation, especially those that deviate from the core aspects of the game. Fucking idiots.

o_______________0