NEurope
dan-likes-trees

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

It's out and the label are eating up the leaks. Gutted, it sounds stunning from what I've heard

Starring: Raekwon, RZA, Dwele, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Beyoncé Knowles, Big Sean, Charlie Wilson, Justin Vernon, Jay-Z, Kid Cudi, Rick Ross, CyHi tha Prince, M.I.A., Mr Hudson, Tony Williams, Pusha T, Swizz Beatz, John Legend, Lloyd Banks, Alicia Keys, Fergie, Rihanna, The-Dream, Ryan Leslie, Elton John, Elly Jackson and Chris Rock.

Kanye_West_My_Beautiful_Dark_Twisted_Fantasy_album_cover.png

I do want.

10.0 From Pitchfork, which is like, very rare and stuff.

I've never really gotten into West's music but I'd love to give this one a try. Might listen to it somewhere before I buy it...

Power is amazing.

I really want to listen to this but it isn't on Spotify and I have no money to buy it.

Anywhere online streaming it???

I've had it for just over a week now.

It's pretty bloody spectacular. Good god he's pushed the limits of production so far I don't know where they could ever go from here. All of the Lights is going to be a massive single, the fact it has it's own intro sums it up.

Everything is unnecessary, everything is over the top, and it's all just becomes brilliant when it's together. If anyone has a chance to listen to Blame Game, do it. The Chris Rock outro works wonders.

I hate Kanye sometimes but god this is like what, his 3rd great album (College Dropout and Late Reg being the other two). Nowhere near the greatest rapper alive but still magnificent.

I love Kanye West and thus look forward with great enthusiasm in terms of hearing what brilliance his recording team have come up with this time.

I'm sure a minute ago the thread title had "Kanye West - " at the start of it?

It didn't when I went to bed last night, and it doesn't now (?) If it helps. I.e. are you taking some kind of medicine today?

That was a different thread which has since been removed....

I will have the man responsible found and shot by a firing squad.

Sheesh.

That was a different thread which has since been removed....

I will have the man responsible found and shot by a firing squad.

Sheesh.

No there wasn't... Moogle must deal with his insanity, why are you avoiding the issue?

If we could get back onto the purpose of this thread, what do people think of it?

I think it's his best album so far, basically. Which is saying quite a lot.

All of the lightss reminds me of rocky, and since you like it so much it goes with your avatar/sig. Although to be honest, it's way too obvious. But that's the curse of modern hip hop, most albums are at least 30% filler, which still applies in this case. All that said, fantastic record.

Still, it's already lost the whole album of the year argument when it comes to hip hop, as KNO's Death Is Silent came out this year as well.

I'm reeling from Pitchfork's score. Just cause 10's are too precious. It's like using a Moon Stone really willy-nilly.

I enjoy the cover/was going to listen to this in any case though.

I think it's his best album so far, basically. Which is saying quite a lot.

All of the lightss reminds me of rocky, and since you like it so much it goes with your avatar/sig. Although to be honest, it's way too obvious. But that's the curse of modern hip hop, most albums are at least 30% filler, which still applies in this case. All that said, fantastic record.

Still, it's already lost the whole album of the year argument when it comes to hip hop, as KNO's Death Is Silent came out this year as well.

All Of The Lights is pretty epic, I've got to say. It's his next single, it's going to be massive.

He's just taken things to such ridiculous heights in this album. Runaway, Monster, Dark Fantasy and Blame Game are brilliant. It's probably his best album in terms of overall production but I dunno, I still rate Late Registration as better, though that's probably because it was sharper lyrically obviously i've had it for years. A few years later this will probably be looked back at his best work though.

Hip Hop album of the year? How I Got Over by The Roots is pretty special, and Distant Relatives by Nas and Damian Marley (saw this live too) is probably the best of the year imo. Death is Silent was very good, but the production was better than the vocals (expected, he was Cunninlynguists producer) and for that reason, just like with this Kanye album, i wouldn't call it best of the year. Close though.

I'm reeling from Pitchfork's score. Just cause 10's are too precious. It's like using a Moon Stone really willy-nilly.

I enjoy the cover/was going to listen to this in any case though.

Haha I enjoy the pokemon analogy. First non-reissue 10 since 2002 apparently. Craziness.

Anyway, bringing this thread back cause I've been listening to it from repeat for the past week or so since buying, decided it is utterly brilliant. Avril 14 is my highlight, the Aphex Twin sample is too perfect. Like the woman rapping on Monster too, dunno who that is.

Even Lost in the World has massively grown on me, which I first thought was complete and utter shit.

I like the cover art.

Production is awful. I'm gonna give this a lengthier listen because the music is actually pretty rad. He's been fairly poo since College Dropout, although 808's was a weird curve ball. Interesting *strokes chin*

Phenomenal album, been listening too it none stop since it came out. Dark Fantasy is the best track by far.

Phenomenal album, been listening too it none stop since it came out. Dark Fantasy is the best track by far.

The Nas reference is sick. Love it.

So Appalled, Dark Fantasy, Blame Game, Monster (wow) and All of The Lights are brilliant songs, listened to them loads recently! Even Runaway is pretty decent.

That said, I prefer Late Registration.

I'm still busy catching up on Big Boi's album (rather good it is too) but I'm gonna give this a listen afterwards. I will be surprised if I like it more, but all the reviews seem to indicate that I might.

Right think i'm gonna have to bump this thread; this album is just spectacular.

So Appalled is incredible; Jay's verse is just crazy good ('Would you rather be over-payed or under-rated'). One of the best beats Kanye has ever done.

Blame Game and Devil In A New Dress pretty much sum up my relationship with women up to this point in my life. Kanye might be a dick but god he's a genius one at that.

On top of that there's Dark Fantasy and All of The lights which are just brilliant.