Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xpert Season 16: A New World Order

Haden

A victory to put me back in the top spot is awesome but at the moment it doesn't mean much given the point difference between 1st and 6th! My next game being against Haden worries me a little bit but if I can win against him I'm certainly in for a shot.

I am going through a bad run, Madpool double aside and home games against you and 64s things havent clicked this season.

My youths still need games so I would put you odds on fave to win lol. With that in mind play some youths if you want! Hehe.

Sent questions to next interviewee anyone who wants to be in the next interview after the up and coming one PM me.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

premier-league-badge.gif

Away games are hard.

And so am I.

You better give me 3 points.

So I don't die.

Xpert for the Soul.

Before I sputter out.

Mcoys Sons 3-2 Madpool

Mcoys Sons picked up a vital win in a dramatic game against Madpool. The Sons played an aggressive 3-5-2 formation against a defensive 4-5-1 formation from Madpool. Jbil headed in the first goal for the Sons before the lack of players at Sons back gave away a penalty to Madpool, Quintal converted it making it 1-1. A bevy of yellow cards, an injury and chances took us into the 2nd half where Jevons powered home a beautiful long shot. With 10 minutes left Madpool seemed in sight of a point when Quintal lost his marker and slammed in his 2nd goal of the day which went in off the post. In the 82 minute however another penalty was awarded, this time for the Sons. Jevons stepped up, and hit it, the goalie got a hand to it but couldn't stop it from going in. The Sons fans were ecstatic for what was a needed win against a fellow struggling side. On the balance Sons had got his tactics right and deserved to win, but Madpool fans will have wished they got a vital away point from this game.

Dysonism F.C 6-2 The 64s

Dysonism have so far being the giant that has stirred occasionally, while the 64s have been the eternal enigma, a team that should surely have a title by now (read more in our interview this report)? Dysonism played a balanced 4-4-2 against a cautious 4-5-1 from the 64s. Sadly for the 64s this caution did not pay off, Twigg outran his marked in the 7th minute and scored, Spirito scored via a freekick and corner in the first half, before Twigg set up Boland for a header in the 42nd minute to send Dysonism into the half time 4-0 up. Gobady hit a curling shot to give the 64s a glimmer of hope, Spirito however again curled a ball in for McLen to hit in soon after. Hagolahi then Boland scored for their sides to make this dramatic game even more exciting, however the first half display by Dysonism meant their was only going to be one winner. The 64s must have no complaints and should regroups to tackled Dysonism at their ground. Dysonism looked deadly, are they going to step up when noone else seems ready to?

Battlestar Odwinica 3-1 Bayern Bru

Odwinica look dangerously like title contenders as commentators change their “scalp wins” tag lines to “solid home victories” in their reports. A 4-4-2 formation saw them through against a usual 3-5-2 Bru set up. Backer surely the most hated man in the league, made his reputation among non Odwinica fans worse as he was the one who scored against Bru first! Via a penalty but still it wasn't appreciated by away fans, the home ones found it hilarious though. Howarth carried on the joke, as the defender slotted in a powerful free kick to make it 2-0. Rundberg finally made Brus possession pay off with a goal that he slotted in past the goalie. But Howarth again stepped up to score via another free kick to make it 3-1 to Odwinica. While Bru deserved to dominate the midfield, Odwinica deserved to win the match. Again another great performance from what surely now cannot be called the underdog of this league.

Roostophe Rovers 2-0 Haden United

Rovers gained a needed and deserved win against the defending champions United. Rovers played an aggressive 4-3-3 against a normal 4-4-2 from United. Apart from Sheldon being called on to replace an injured Rovers player, the first half was non eventual bar a couple of United chances. Agbonlahor put Rovers ahead via a tap in from a free kick assist to make it 1-0 to Rovers. While United dominated possession and were Rovers equal in chances they couldn't make it pay. Rovers sealed the win in extra time when Fowler headed in a goal past the United keeper. For Rovers it is a vital win keeping them relevant, for United it is a match they didn't look competitive in.

Most Important Result – Battlestar Odwinica 3-1 Bayern Bru, Odwinica prove a point with a great home win.

Turned on Style – Dysonism F.C, 4 goals in the first half, 2 in the 2nd, wonderful football.

Player of the Day – Futura Spirito, Dysonism F.C, if Dysonism are the future force in this league this man will be their best player. Two goals and two assists today.

Today our interview is with the manager of one of the long established teams in the league.

Gaggle 64!

chair.jpg

1. Things haven't worked out ideally this season. You have a good goal scored record but a not so good defensive record, is this something you are concerned about?

For sure things aren't going as well as we might have hoped. The defensive problem is a problem but a temporary one. We've built a fantastic front three who are still fresh but battled hardened and experienced enough to tackle just about anything the opposition has. Our defensive line-up is simply not yet where we want it to be as we've been swapping young blood in for old this season. The rookies we've got however are developing magnificently well, even better then expected. We're prepared for relegation, for sure, but I think it's likely we'll return even stronger to the top tier in a couple of season's time.

2. Who do you enjoy matches with in the league the most?

Odwin, definitively, for sure. We've always had a great mix of results against each other. Each time we meet it's practically a derby to us, though I don't know if he feels the same way. I remember way back in the early days of the N-Euro league when we were one of the few teams who were able to stop him, when he was at his zenith before resetting his team, the smug Mormon bastard. He's fantastic manager, for sure, and when we're able to seriously challenge him again we'll know we've made it back after a tough string of seasons.

3. You have always been a club to avoid big transfers and develop youth why have you chosen this path?

When you train a player up right up, either out of your youth team or as a cheap young acquisition, there's a sense of accomplishment, real pride when you see them going out and putting themselves among the best. You don't get that if you just buy the talent in. For sure, there's nothing wrong with that, I'm not going to criticise other managers for doing that. If they’ve scraped the money together for it, they’ve got every right to spend it how they damn well please. But it's not my way, that's not my kick. It's not easy, for sure, and it's disappointing we haven't yet won a cup despite coming close several times. But when you're up against what amounts to a store-bought squad and your organic home-growns go and whup-em... well, there ain't anything like it, for sure.

Edited by Haden

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Thats two seasons 4 wins against Bayern! In yo' face suckaaaaaaaa!

Also I am dismayed at the lack of Elites in your awards this season Haden! FIXED.

The top league is incredibly tight, 2nd place to the relegation is tighter than a shopper after today's VAT increase! If only Haden had beaten Dyson, then even first place and relegation is still possible for almost everyone!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Thats two seasons 4 wins against Bayern! In yo' face suckaaaaaaaa!

Also I am dismayed at the lack of Elites in your awards this season Haden! FIXED.

The top league is incredibly tight, 2nd place to the relegation is tighter than a shopper after today's VAT increase! If only Haden had beaten Dyson, then even first place and relegation is still possible for almost everyone!

Its demented in this league!

I gave it a good shot but had to dampen down my midfield a bit with youth. Having said that Dyson has a 1st class sqaud so he may have won regardless. Could be up for relegation this season we will see either way United will carry on!

Its demented in this league!

I gave it a good shot but had to dampen down my midfield a bit with youth. Having said that Dyson has a 1st class sqaud so he may have won regardless. Could be up for relegation this season we will see either way United will carry on!

To be fair, I lost to him twice this season. It's just that by beating him, he would still be on 19 points, which is 3 points away from being in my relegation spot. Although Bayern's and my goal difference will probably be an issue come end of the season!

I set tactics fo 4-2-4 for my game. It shut my damn assistant coach up... but also reminded my why he's assistant coach. $ attempts to his 0 and three of my four strikers played a platry 2-skilled match. All of my defence played out of their boots.

My dev values are alright. I have 3 8's, 2 9's and the rest are 10-15 (aside from the dude retiring and my reserve keeper that I've given up on). I've definitely bitten off more than I can chew with three young forwards. Sigh. Youd've thought I would've learned in one of the, what, 10 seasons I've been playing this?

Bottom of the league! :( Just not good enough, shows how much others have improved and how good the promoted sides were.

Oh god, there's nothing worse when when you're in that downward spiral and there's nothing you can do to turn it around. Xpert 11 is a cruel, cruel mistress - often leather-bound and whipping you while she gets off on your cries of pain and anguish as you beg for mercy and a fresh change of underwear.