N-Europe

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Retro_Link

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if I pretend I don't hate it and watch the trailer it still looks pretty bland.
I do like the series (not a big fan of 3), but yeah that did look a bit... meh!

I'm not sure whether they're nearly done with the film or still have a bit to film, but if that's the best the can cobble together for the trailer it's not all that exciting. I didn't laugh at anything and they seemed to keep showing the same things over and over again.

Still, I'll end up watching it anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Did you see it in 3d? How did that work out?(is the movie better with it?) It's in 3d here and it will probably be the first 3d movie I see if I end watching it.

3D was really good actually, wasn't over used and worked well. A lot better than Thor and Alice in Wonderland (other films I'd recently seen in 3D).

Just came back from seeing this and for me it's easily the worst out of all of them.

I was in the camp that thought the character of Jack Sparrow was all that this film franchise needed but I was so wrong. This film really misses the characters of Will and Elizabeth, aswell as others from the pirate crew. The characters they put in the new film lack any sort of chemistry and just seem to be there to fill up the roster and as for Blackbeard, he doesn't even come close to being as memorable as Davey Jones or Barbossa. The characters that do return from the previous films just don't seem the same as they were in the other 3.

The film was very dark, it's like the men behind it got a discount or something for shooting everything at night. At one point I gave a sigh of relief when a scene finally shifted to daylight!

I went to see this with 3 mates, all of which enjoyed the original films and all 3 of us came out of the cinema very disappointed.

I really really disliked the religious guy in this film...

personally the soppy moments between him and the mermaid made me cringe. I thought he was completely unnecessary character tbh.

So... are there any more after this one then? was it confirmed?

I also really disliked the new 'crew' as mentioned in previous posts they just aren't in the same class as Pintel, Ragetti, Cotton etc etc...

although, Penelope Cruz was alright, mainly cause I was staring at her tits when she was on screen.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I must say, I liked Will and Elizabeth in the first movie, disliked them in the second and hated them in the third so I'm happy they're nowhere to be seen in this movie (I don't mind cameos if there are any, I've not read posts of those who have seen it but I have heard mixed opinions). All of the movies do have that sense of adventure though and I like that, plus there's Penelope Cruz as well. Added bonus.

Started watching Dead Man's Chest again after watching Black Pearl and already I find Elizabeth to be irritating, lol.

LOL.

I do like Pirates of the Caribbean but there's just something about it that I dislike. The characters just seem so crappy sometimes. Jack Sparrow is the only character who's good. Barbossa was bad-ass in the first as well.