NEurope
Daft

Films you've walked out of...

The Producers, Why the fuck I stayed in the cinema to watch that shit is beyond me, my mate said we should go see it coz Will Ferrel is in it, I don't need a hard sell, me.

Jesus it was fucking awful I'd rather pull my eyes out with a rusty hook. he could have told me it was a fucking musical.

I stopped watching Flyboys halfway through. The CGI looked awful and the film was just bland and boring.

Alexander was also extremely boring. The whole school class went to see it, so I couldn't walk out of it but I decided to start listing to some music to keep me entertained.

Aliens VS Predator: Requiem only could keep me in the cinema because I paid for it and I was with a few mates and nobody wanted to be the one to suggest we should leave.

Cats and Dogs 2: Kitty's Revenge 3D. I giggled at the advert, so we chanced it and saw it. Wasn't out of our pocket considering we have cinema cards, but still. We were laughing, but simply at the fact we ever decided to chance it. But still, A CAT IN A DOG SUIT. So much promise.

Also almost walked out of Splice, but so glad we didn't. The ending was hilarious. Oh, and Edge Of Darkness, but we kept ourselves occupied in other ways.

Edited by Slaggis

Really? I liked Splice a lot...but yeah, I've heard awful things about Cats and Dogs 2. Put it this way, couldn't be any worse than Marmaduke!

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the ring.

Yup... i went there. After that I didn't bother to get excited about the 2 sequels despite the praise i'd heard and the yelling from my friends at how awesome they were.

I went to see Fellowship, thought it was sooo fucking boring, and left and it's forever put me off wanting to watch the sequels or re-trying the first film.

Murr, I kind of know what you mean but I don't hate them. In fact, I can't say I haven't really watched them all the way through (unless I have and I can't remember...).

So weird thing here, I didn't find Lord of the Rings boring but everytime I put it on, I fall asleep about 40 minutes through the movie. I tried to stay awake but I couldn't. I remember going to see Return of the King in the cinemas and I remember falling asleep then too and I didn't find it boring! I have no idea what's happening, haha.

I will watch it all the way through...one day...whilst drinking a shitload of coffee...

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the ring.

Yup... i went there. After that I didn't bother to get excited about the 2 sequels despite the praise i'd heard and the yelling from my friends at how awesome they were.

I went to see Fellowship, thought it was sooo fucking boring, and left and it's forever put me off wanting to watch the sequels or re-trying the first film.

GTFO of this universe, The Fellowship is the best one! :mad:

GTFO of this universe, The Fellowship is the best one! :mad:

Haha, I apologise, not wanting to make anyone mad :p ,

But when watching it in the cinema, It just didn't capture me at all, so I left, and just haven't had any urge to try and re-watch it.

In light of that, Murr, I reccommend you don't read the books, they're significantly worse. The films were entertaining, but the books are absolute garbage.

If you want to watch Lord of the Rings, but find that they're too long then you can get the extended editions and watch them as six films.

The recent Alice and Wonderland went with my girlfriend and was bored rigid...sure it looked great but meh acting was shoddy and I dunno love the book but the film didn't do it for me.

Haha, I apologise, not wanting to make anyone mad :p ,

But when watching it in the cinema, It just didn't capture me at all, so I left, and just haven't had any urge to try and re-watch it.

Its all good. You're entitled to your opinion.

In light of that, Murr, I reccommend you don't read the books, they're significantly worse. The films were entertaining, but the books are absolute garbage.

The reason I like the first film so much is because of the first books awesomeness.

As for the topic, I've never walked out of a film because its crap. But recently I've been lured in by large popcorn & coke combos, which have made me dash out to the loo.

I agree with Paj on this one.

I can't say I'll never walk out of a movie, but people should see movies through to the end no matter how much they hate them, especially if they plan to complain about it afterwards. You can't really produce an educated rant against a movie you haven't seen all the way through.

The same applies to most things you can hate, actually. A lot of the stuff I criticise I don't know enough about to really do so. SELF REVELATION.

I can't say I'll never walk out of a movie, but people should see movies through to the end no matter how much they hate them, especially if they plan to complain about it afterwards. You can't really produce an educated rant against a movie you haven't seen all the way through.

The same applies to most things you can hate, actually. A lot of the stuff I criticise I don't know enough about to really do so. SELF REVELATION.

The same goes for any medium, really. I remember reading a book which was a pain to get through. At the end where I realised it was all part of the whole point of the book.

He wasn't talking about a single comic issue. He was talking about Wolf-Man, a series, which I've read the whole first volume of. I didn't just stop mid-issue.

Obviously reading half a comic, and half a film are the same thing. i.e bad, shouldn't do it. That's not what I was talking about.

It's two different mediums that shouldn't be compared in the same manner (due to the different nature of how they tell stories), but if what you're talking about had happened, you'd be right. You just missed the point/didn't understand what we were on about.

...oh, nevermind!

I have to say Titanic... Not because its a bad movie. Its just the most overrated movie ever..

I saw it in the cinema 3 damn times... One with my cousin, and 2 with my then girlfriend that had a crash with Di Caprio!!!

Second time couldnt finish it! Left for a burger

I agree with this. I know most people would probably point out that I walked out of Haunting but I actually saw it before and didn't like it much and I couldn't remember much for some reason. I went again (I only went for my then-girlfriend, you know how it is) and I just couldn't do it. Then my mate had it on DVD and I watched it and didn't like it then.

God knows how I sat through all of the Seltzer and Friedburg abominations...

I've never walked out of a film. Purely because no matter how bad the film is, I have to watch it to the end. I just have to...it's almost obsessive.

By far, the worst film that I have seen at the cinema is Alien vs Predator: Requiem. I was convinced it would turn out good, so convinced that I dragged a mate to go see it with me. He fell asleep 3/4s of the way through, knackered from the house party the night before, but it was also testament to how lame the film was.

Still, I watched it on telly recently, hoping it was better in reality than in my memory. It failed.

Go watch Freddy Got Fingered, and then tell me that shit with a straight face.

Daddy, would you like some sausage?

Finally someone who agrees the books blow goats...

I nearly walked out of Skyline last night. It's truly awful, and not quite in "that bad it's good" territory.

Avoid!!