NEurope
Daft

Films you've walked out of...

1 minute ago, bob said:

What is the right audience? I was planning on seeing it.

I don't like the book.  So liking the book would probably be a good start.  If it wasn't for all the 80s/90s nostalgia I'd say it was aimed at people who are late teens/early 20s.  It's also the very definition of a popcorn movie.

• Like 1

I don't like the book.  So liking the book would probably be a good start.  If it wasn't for all the 80s/90s nostalgia I'd say it was aimed at people who are late teens/early 20s.  It's also the very definition of a popcorn movie.
Ah well, I enjoyed the book, like popcorn movies, and am a very late teen, so I'll probably like the film a lot.

Yeah Ready player one is one I'll skip thanks to my intuition. Everything tells me it's It's a rollercoaster CGI fest of unnecessary / boring / exagerated action scenes stringed together, without any real plot or character development. Except this film, you know is also 100 % fan service. I like fan service, but not if the film's only gimmick is fan service. I doubt I'm wrong about this one.

• Like 1

I doubt I’ll go see Ready Player One at the cinema but I’ve heard enough positive buzz that it’s just harmless buzz that I’ll definitely watch it when it comes out elsewhere.