NEurope
The Peeps

Time Travel

Don't know why people get so excited about an extra hour in bed unless they work on Sundays

Yeah a few people have said "don't forget the clocks go back Sunday!" to which I've responded "I'm not doing anything on Sunday so who cares?"

Seeing how I have to get up around 7:30, an hour of sleep extra sounds very nice to me! =P

But yeah the general idea of changing the clocks just seems silly to me in this day and age. Don't see the point of it.

The one day I don't have to get up early, just my luck!

Guess this means I have an extra hour of studying, woo! :p

Wished they'd just stay the same though. It gets dark pretty early already :hmm:

So wait..in ten minutes, should I just set my clock back to midnight?

What pisses me off about my watch is that it has digital and anaolgue display... And I've forgotten how to change the analogue hands.

So wait..in ten minutes, should I just set my clock back to midnight?

no you do it at 2am so your clock goes back to 1am!

Ugh. I woke up at midnight so this extra hour just means that I'm extra fucked for teh day.

I lept into myself from an hour in the past...now I need to work out I need to put right which once went wrong

Speaking of Time Travell... this guy thinks he found a time traveller in a Charlie Chaplan film from 1928 :heh:

Yeah there's a thread about it elsewhere. It's an old hearing aid, not a phone.

I saw a person's tweet the other day about it saying that those who said that just "aren't imaginative"

Yeah there's a thread about it elsewhere. It's an old hearing aid, not a phone.

Lies it's a phone and I refuse to hear otherwise!

I really want it to be a time traveler :(

Having a phone takes all the fun out of the change of day. I didn't even remember about it until I put my watch on at around 1PM and noticed that it showed a different time to my phone.

My DS alarm doesn't auto adjust and I had it on for 6am. I woke up to it going off at 6:30 and absolutely threw myself out of bed and started freaking out, as I was supposed to be leaving for work by 6:30am.

Then I realised what time it actually was.

What a fool. What a lucky fool.

Yeah, I work every day, so an extra hour is always nice. I got kind of confused this morning though when half my clocks were different to the others, as I'd not heard about the change. :heh:

I hate it when the clocks change, because I spend the whole day looking suspiciously at clocks and watches and timers on devices, wondering if they can adjust themselves or if somebody has or hasn't changed the times yet or not.

It was worse getting the Eurostar earlier. Then the coach home. My phone was still on yesterday's Belgium time, then the coach was on yesterday's UK time, so I had access to two clocks and none of them were right.

This also reminds me of my house in Newport. There are literally about 10 clocks in our house, possibly more. Every room seems to have at least one clock. At least. Yet, none of them display the right time. One is five minutes forward, the other is five backwards, a few have dead batteries.

AHHHHHH. I just want to know the time. :(

In an effort to give this thread a bit more sustenance, does anyone disagree with changing the clocks back an hour in winter? Apparently some people think we should have British Summer Time all year round.

There was even a 3-year experiment of it from '68 to '71.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11659848

However, it is often argued that the move would plunge much of Scotland into darkness, with some areas not getting light until 1000. It is opposed by both the SNP government and the Scottish Office.

:laughing:

I think we should simply stick to GMT. It's seems rather odd that for half the year, Greenwich has a different time to Greenwich Mean Time.

:laughing:

It's not nice when you go to school and it's pitch-black, leave school and it's pitch-black...:(

I don't see why not. It would be a very apt pathetic fallacy for Scotland.