N-Europe

A Solution to the Thanks Problem

Guy

The picture I hi lighted was thanks but the text was different. You can't just buy a story book and only look at the pictures Ashley. I know its easier, but we have to be adults about this. :p

You showed me a picture that said thanks. As Shorty said today in the questions topic these scripts are not built by us thus I searched for a "thanks modification" because I knew that existed (as you showed me). The fact you said something else is irrelevant because you talk crap 98.5% of the time :p

Our thanks are limited?? How many do we have?

Be a bit crap if someone opens a door for me one time and I've run out - they'll think I'm a right ignorant git!

Don't worry, you get more than one.

And if you're just noticing now then obviously the limit is fine :heh:

Yeah I know, but in comparison to Thanks and Like, I think it can be applied to negative situations without coming across as being sadistic, akin to 'props' -- a term that offers respect. Perhaps a totally unrelated/manufactured word would be better? a Tendo? That may be too obtuse to newcomers.

But in Ellmeisters case, he obviously wouldn't think you were actually thanking him, he'd use his brain and instantly know that you weren't thanking him. It's like when Nintendohnut got a job, depending on the thread/post, thanks can mean whatever it needs to really. So i see no problem with how it is now.