N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

Here are the roles, as they were sent. Comments and extra info regarding roles are in the spoiler boxes.

And also, one thing. The roles that were not randomized (that is, I personally chose their player) were the ones for Nintendohnut, ReZ, Eenuh, The Peeps and Aqu1a. More on their spoiler boxes below

--------------------------

Eenuh

You are Princess Olivia

The birthday party you organized was ruined by those terrorists! How inconvenient!

Well, if they think they broke your spirit, they are mistaken. The women of the Royal Family are cunning and resourceful, qualities that you shall use to your advantage: you shall don the appearance of a young boy.

Disguised as one of your own servants, you will be able to gather information during the night, while diverting the attention of those that wish the princess dead.

You have a different power each night (You will receive a PM at the end of each day describing that night’s power). For the first night, you may investigate one player.

Be careful, however. The mafia will surely be looking for you, as part of their nefarious plans. For now, maintain your disguise.

You are Good. You win once the all the threats have been eliminated.

-I love these roles, they're always fun.

-If Eenuh had died during the night, the townies would've been forced to lynch someone during that day. Something completely different than what chairdriver usually does;

-If Eenuh had outright stated "I'm the princess" or something to that effect, I would've publicly confirmed it and awarded her with a double vote. She did not know this;

-You have already realised this, but "Princess Olivia" was the best character judge in the game. Except for those who looked something else when investigated, that is;

-This role convinced me to use original characters, because I couldn't find a good enough fictional princess;

-I chose Eenuh for this role because, first, I thought this was the kind of role she'd enjoy. Second, she was unlikely to die in the first night (I most definitely did not want that);

-Eenuh was awesome with this role! She behaved exactly as I expected "Olivia" to behave. I knew I made the right choice!

Cube

You are The Duke, Phillip Manning

A long time friend of the Princess, you find this situation most dreadful. Using your extensive knowledge of the British high society, as well as your Judo training, you seek to help in any way you can.

Each night, you may target a player. You will protect this player, as well as find out their name and occupation.

-Basically, I wanted a "Super Townie" of sorts. Cube was a "Super Townie" in every sense. Well done, Cube!

-This role actually started as Regal Bryant from Tales of Symphonia. Any similarities are not coincidental;

-Any information Cube could obtain was related to some sort flavour about their nightpower;

-The only "disadvantage" I had for him was that people knew whenever he investigated them. This ended up working in his favour. Not only that, but I hit a brick wall with MadDog (read his section for more details);

-If Cube prevented a kill, he wouldn't get any sort of information.

Jayseven

You are The Pugilist, Walter Armstrong

Practising the most physically challenging of sports, you embody the strength of nobility. Using your jolly old fisticuffs, you will bring down this little terrorist group.

Each night, you may target a player. You will protect that player from anyone who tries to approach him.

-He couldn't target himself. There wasn't much else to it;

-This role was based on Alex Louis Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist, and Dudley from Street Fighter. Some of you must've realised this already.

Paj Meen Ah (Later Marcamillian)

You are The Fencer, Alphonse Matthews

Fencers have always suffered the scorn of fellow sportsmen everywhere, claiming it is far too theatric, and not as useful or demanding as other sports. Now, the time has come to prove all of the naysayers wrong.

Each night, you may target a player. You will challenge this player to a fencing match, roleblocking and protecting him simultaneously.

-Based on Raphael, from Soul Calibur;

-Marcamillian played very well. Revealing himself immediately was a smart move, considering that the mafia had other targets to worry about already.

Dyson

You are The Archaeologist, Christopher Regal

Demanding is the life of an archaeologist. You have seen worse, and you possess the necessary skills to follow shady figures through the night. No one will pass you by unnoticed.

Each night, you may target a player. You will track this player through the night, and discover who did he or she discover.

-Started as Henry Hatsworh, if you can believe that;

-If he died normally, Indiana Jones theme would've played, as he used his own monocle as a Lasso. Missed opportunity, I suppose.

Rummy

You are The Commander-in-Chief, Steven Manleigh

Originally invited for this high-class party as part of a social obligation, you suddenly find yourself in quite the predicament. Thankfully, you secretly brought the most recent development in the military diplomacy: night-vision monocles. With this, you will ascertain details others couldn’t.

Each night, you may target a player. You will discover the identity of everyone who targeted this player.

-Basic role, not based on anyone;

-I actually re-choose Rummy's target, because I didn't want him with a double voter, or a roleblocker (he always gets those!). Guess whhich roles the randomiser first chose for him...

heroicjanitor

You are The Detective, Neville Gladstone

You gained notoriety once it was said you knew how to read people’s words and faces. Most people, however, do not realize that your secret is merely mathematic. Using complex theorems, you work tirelessly through the night to ascertain the truth in people’s statements. You are accurate 99% of the time, in fact.

With your notebook in hand, you seek the truth among those who lie.

Each day, you may send me a PM with the name of a player. Any posts that this player makes after you sent the PM will be analysed. In the following morning, I will send you the results.

-Based on Hercule Poirot;

-I was unsure of this role, but it worked well. I enjoy these "daytime investigation" powers.

MadDog

You are The Judge, Victor Campbell

This situation is scandalous. Such an anarchic system is chaotic and fruitless. Clearly the only way forward for justice is ruthless interrogation!

Each night, you may target a player. You will personally interrogate this player and obtain information about his identity and motives. Furthermore, your strong presence of speech grants you a double vote.

-Based on Judge Turpin, from Sweeney Todd;

-Most of the info was related to the victim's powers;

-I only realised this when I started the game, but the victims not being told they were investigated was a major plot hole. For reference purposes, they had Traumatic Amnesia. Yeah, that's it :idea:

Tales

You are The Sportsman, David Cromwell

Specialized in all manner of sports, few possess your accolades. Others have accused you of wasting far too much time on fruitless sports, but you know far better. With your superior athletic abilities, you will bring down this terrorist group.

Each night, you may target a player. You will roleblock this player, leaving him unconscious with the skills you learned in sports such as Rugby or Cricket.

-There was a typo there. It was supposed to be "distracting" the victim, not leaving them unconscious (I was thinking of the Pugilist when I wrote that);

-Tales was an odd player. I'm surprised he wasn't lynched sooner. His death was fun to write, though.

Diageo

You are Joseph Baldwin, The Gentleman Thief

Raised in an orphanage, you used to be nothing more than a little thief. Ever since you were adopted and consequently separated from your childhood friend Charlie, you swore to use your newfound social status to improve the life of the poor. In fact, you infiltrated this party for the sole purpose of stealing valuable goods for the orphans.

But now that this little complication arose, you must utilise your trickery for everyone’s safety.

Since you came into this party uninvited, you will look suspicious when investigated.

Each night, you may don the disguise of another player (this action cannot be stopped or redirected). This will confuse those targeting you, but it will protect your identity.

You may also target a player. You will steal something from this player. What sort of items will you be able to steal...?

-Based on Mask*DeMasque, from Ace Attorney;

-The "disguise" mechanics worked based on luck and flavour. It was something I added for sheer curiosity and lulz. I wanted to see how well the mechanic would work (I had seen it before);

-The thief role is always fun. Like the "different-power-every-night", it forces me to improvise and shake things up. Too bad he died first;

-If the Thief met the Charlatan during the night, they would've gained a "symbiotic relationship". Something else that was added for flavour;

-For such a flavour-heavy character, he sure died quick. This is why there cannot be a "be-all, end-all" character in mafia games. Besides the gatekeeper, of course :grin:

ReZourceman

You are The Prime Minister, Arthur Langley

Why, you almost missed this party! The Princess forgot to send you your invitation, you see. Not only that, but she also forgot to arrange for your own room, or mention to anyone that you were coming. Such a ditzy girl. If you weren’t the Prime Minister, you’d think she never wanted you there in the first place!

Each night, you must target a player (if you don’t, I’ll randomize). You will spend your night in said player’s bedroom. Anyone who targets you will end up targeting this player instead (said player may target you normally, though).

-Based on a previous role of mine, plus ReZ's personality. Now you know why I chose him for this;

-ReZ would've appeared as Neutral when investigated;

-I'm amazed that nobody suspected ReZ for being Neutral. I mean "nobody can ever target ReZ", did people buy that so easily? Only Eenuh, who actually did investigate him by accident, suspected it;

-ReZ cheated death three times. Three frickin' times! This deserves its own post, remind me to talk about this later.

Ellmeister

You are The Banker, Desmond Lawrence

How dreadful. This odd scenario will keep you from business for far too long! Thankfully, you’re a good businessman, and if there is a language anyone speaks, it is that of the coin...

You currently possess €2000. At the beginning of each night, you will steal a relic from the Princess’ basement, which will add €1000 to your funds.

Each night you may spend some of your money in order to control a player’s actions during the night, as following:

-€1000: The player will tell you who they targeted that night (tracking);

-€2000: That player will agree to stay in his or her room for the night (roleblocking);

-€3000: That player will target anyone you tell him to (redirecting)

Just send me the PM with your target and action.

-Based on the Monopoly Man!

-I did this role for a mafioso before. For a townie, it actually works pretty well. I was surprised myself;

-Ellmeister was a gullible townie for the mafia. The mafia killing him by accident is another of their numerous cases of bad luck.

The Peeps

You are the Royal Butler, Marleigh Wilson

For decades have you served the Royal Family, yet you bear witness to such a heinous occasion for the very first time.

Knowing where your loyalty lies, you decide to spend the following nights attempting to discover the identity of the possible perpetrators. To this end, you align yourself with the only person you can trust: the Head Housemaid.

Each night, you may investigate a player in order to learn their alignment. Just send me the PM with your target.

Also, you may freely communicate with aqui1a outside of the main thread.

aqui1a (later The Peeps)

You are the Head Housemaid, Marlene Watson

Though originally chosen for this position because Her Majesty the Queen thought your name was “adorable, and a perfect match for Marleighâ€, you have since proven your worth.

Like Marleigh, your loyalty lies within the Royal House, and you already thought of a discreet form of help. After all, in order to find their targets, guests must consult the maids for directions...

Each night, you may choose two players. Anyone targeting the first player will target the second one instead (and vice-versa). Just send me the PM with those two players.

Since your maids will be tasked with switching the targets, it will be harder for other players to track your actions during the night.

Also, you may freely communicate with The Peeps outside of the thread.

You are both Good. You win once all the threats have been eliminated.

-A result of mish-mashing characters and powers numerous times;

-The Peeps was really smart about everything. Excellent job, Peepsworth;

-Not only was Marlene's power hard to track, it was hard to prevent. Zell and Jayseven couldn't do a thing, and it had priority over other misdirections;

-These two weren't told about Counselour Gallandeau due to gameplay issues. They'd immediately know he was to be suspected. Looking back, I could've executed this relationship better.

mr-paul

You are The Irish Maid, Aoife Kavanagh

You originally claimed sickness and unavailability, just so you could hide your face and attend a fancy party once in your life. Now, you must hide your identity, as your masters would certainly dismiss your services once they found out about your little escapade. Still you would like to help in some form.

Each night, you may target a player. You will write about this player’s nightly actions, and leave the text on the garden, for everyone to see in the morning.

-I considered making the notes as if they were written by an illiterate. I decided against it;

-My knowledge of "written accents" is dire. Was based on

accent, but I'm not even sure if that's Irish.

dan-likes-trees (later Diageo)

You are The Doctor, Benjamin Faulkner

My, when you were invited to the princess’ party, you didn’t expect such a ruckus. Perhaps now would be a good time to start testing your new experimental medicine...

Each night, you may target a player. You will offer this player a concoction that will enhance his or her powers for that particular night.

-The role I added hastily due to mr-paul's inclusion;

-He could cure the Scholar's poison. Diageo did not know this;

-I was unsure of it's efficiency, but it worked well. As you could see, I couldn't benefit the power during that exact night most of the time.

Dannyboy-the-Dane

You are The Hunter, Angus MacNeil

You are a cruel and sociopathic Scotsman. Once you heard that the nobleman James Barker was your long lost British twin, you decided to murder him and steal his identity. With your newfound position and status, you seek to add prestigious nobles to your trophy room. Your main prey: the Princess herself!

Each night, you may kill a player. If this player does not fit any of the descriptions below, the resulting rage will reveal your identity to the others.

Furthermore, should you choose to not target anybody, you will set traps over your room’s entrance, preventing anyone from targeting you.

Your main objective is to kill Princess Olivia.

Your secondary objective is to add these three to your collection:

-An athletic gentleman;

-A high-ranking servant;

-A member of the this game’s mafia.

(If the princess dies by someone else’s hand, the secondary objective becomes your main objective.)

You are Neutral. You win once you fulfil your main objective.

-Based on Allen Quatermain;

-Dannyboy would've looked Good if investigated. This is the reason I came up with the "murdered twin brother" story. I only hinted at it, though, never told Danny;

-If he killed a wrong person before the 5th day, he would've been silenced. Bitch of a punishment, right?

-The athletic Gentlemen were Tales, Jayseven and Paj/Marcamillian;

-The high-ranked servants were Peeps, aqui1a/Peeps and Zell;

-Killing Zell would've resulted in a "he may count for any of the two categories";

-I really like how this role turned out. Nice job, Danny!

You are the Mafia.

Donning your black masks, all of you join forces to fulfil your personal goals:

Nintendohnut

You are The Royal Gardener, Theodore Barnes

Despite your loyalty to the crown, you are the mastermind behind this little coup.

After working for the Royal Family for so many decades, you have concluded that the Princess’ summer house is the perfect spot for your goal: a beautiful garden, featuring the largest variety of flowers in the world! However, this bothersome party will ruin your plans. Gathering some of your own allies, you decide to drive them away, at any cost.

You’d rather keep the princess alive, at least, but if she interferes, you may be left with no choice...

Being a gardener, you have access to copious amounts of Aloe Vera. You may use it to protect a player from injury or death during the night. Also, since you had an invitation (being trusted and all), you will appear good when investigated.

-I'm a believer that the Mafia Don should be the most threatening mafioso in some way. In this case, he looked Good in many ways;

-I wanted Nintendohnut for this role for two reasons. First, he was a mafia don in a previous mafia game of mine, who died early due to stupid reasons, and I wanted to give him another chance. Second, I needed a good liar for this. It was either him or Dannyboy, so I went with Dohnut due to reason Number 1;

-Nintendohnut was awesome, despite the lack of time. He did not disappoint.

Sméagol

You are The Scholar, Ambrose Hughes

Being knowledgeable in the fields of Chemistry and Alchemy, Theodore’s plans intrigue you. Reuniting several rare plants and other prime ingredients in a single building... Fascinating. For the sake of science, this plan must advance.

Each night, you may target a player. This player will become blind for the rest of the game. (Blind players are afflicted with a 50% probability of power failure per night)

-His poison could be cured by the Doctor. The Doctor himself did not know this;

-I wanted people to rely more on suspicions than night powers. I put this role in to hammer that point home. Unfortunately... well, you know;

-That chant during his lynching comes from various quotes in Valkyrie Profile for the DS.

(Other characters chant them too, but I based Counselour Gallandeau on the character from that video, so there)

Zell

You are The Counselour, Edward Gallandeau

Besides the Queen, no one in the palace has ever respected you. Baseless accusations of treason run amok, due to your influential position and French heritage. Fuelled by petty revenge, you decided to join Theodore in his little fiasco.

Each night, you may target a player. Using your cunning and wit, you will assure that said player remains unbothered by others (except killers).

-Based on Fauxnel, as previously mentioned;

-I had trouble with this role. I didn't quite realise how broken it was when used on the victim, so I put a restriction on it , mid-game (he could only "play that piano" once every 3 nights);

-If both Marleigh and Marlene were dead, I would've lessened the restriction to once every 2 nights. Only I knew this.

gmac

You are The Frenchman, Pierre Rochefort

Seeking an ambitious project to spice your bohemian lifestyle, you answer your cousin Gallandeau’s pleas for help. Adopting the false identity of “Peter Rockefellerâ€, you will avoid unneeded attention to your heritage. This little adventure might just bring the excitement you desired...

Each night, you may target a player. You will engage in exotic sexual intercourse with said player, roleblocking him.

-Based on existing French stereotypes in England :grin:

-Not much to say about this, but I always found it amusing how the high society is often depicted with depravity in their closets. The French must be the gateway drug!

chairdriver

You are Charles Bradford, The Charlatan

Raised in an orphanage, you are nothing more than a thief or a con man. Ever since your childhood friend Joey died by the hand of a noble, you swore to destroy their wretched society. This little group that aims to overtake the princess’ summer house will mark the first step towards your ultimate objective...

Each night, you may don the disguise of another player (this action cannot be stopped or redirected). This will confuse those targeting you, but it will protect your identity.

You may also target a player, and use your charms in order to gather information from that player.

-Chair would've found out info regarding nightpowers. He only did it successfully once;

-Most of the things described in the Gentleman Thief's notes are applicable here;

-I'm angry at chair's participation for reasons stated previously.

Each night, the mafia may send someone to kill a townie. Whoever carries out said kill cannot use their other power (except for chairdrivers’s disguise, which may be used along with the kill).

Also, since you work as a team and may communicate outside of the thread, one player will send me the nightly PM with all the desired targets.

All of you are Evil. You win once you gain the majority over the town.

--------------

Phew! That is it, I guess!

Edited by Jonnas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you speak of the written accent are you referring to the audio of that video, or the text?

Aside from that - very interesting stuff. I like how you say you were on the mafia's side - I usually side with the townies. That the mafia has won in both of my games and the townies won in this one perhaps reflects something back at us...

No to your dead twin brother.

When you appeared as talking in the "we" form in the last night's write-up, I figured it was someone who must be a bit mental, so I thought maybe you just wanted revenge on the princess as your twin's death was her fault or something.

That or I thought it was ReZ talking about him and his cat. =P

I really had no idea what the "we" referred to. I think Jonnas just meant that I wanted to "have fun" with you guys as the sociopathic Scotsman that I was. :heh:

Oh, and Allen Quatermain FTW! :D

When you speak of the written accent are you referring to the audio of that video, or the text?

My text, as trying to reproduce the accent I heard from Rosea (in the video)

Aside from that - very interesting stuff. I like how you say you were on the mafia's side - I usually side with the townies. That the mafia has won in both of my games and the townies won in this one perhaps reflects something back at us...

When I host a game, I usually root for whoever's losing, for different reasons. If the mafia is losing, it's usually due to bad luck. If the townies are losing, it's because the game is starting to get inactive.

But when in doubt, I end up rooting for the mafia. But I never directly push the game in their favour, of course.

That's Rule Zero for me: be impartial at all times.

I really had no idea what the "we" referred to. I think Jonnas just meant that I wanted to "have fun" with you guys as the sociopathic Scotsman that I was. :heh:

Yeah, it was a case of "we" as in "all of us".

Oh, and Allen Quatermain FTW! :D

The reason you were Scottish was because of yet another VP character. A cruel, sadistic, soulless, disrespectful bastard who has a

for no discernible reason.

You guys can tell that VP prompted me to choose this theme, right? :heh:

Jonnas! Talk about Rez cheating death! It sounds interesting! [/reminder]

On another note we knew that Diageo's thief and Chair were long lost friends, didn't help much but having a backstory is good. :)

Oh and when you said I was accurate 99% of the time did you actually use that? I was worried I would get incredibly unlucky and it would affect it somehow :p

Thoughts:

- Thought put behind the roles stunned.

- Write-ups were stunn. Detailed, yet still readable.

- My inactivity was a bad combination of being busy and the feeling that the roles were too intricate. It was too much of an effort to keep up with what was going on. Also, whenever I went to post, for some strange reason, I thought "I have nothing to say". I hate being the one to poke their head in and pretend to add something to discourse, so I just didn't post.

- Hated the source material (or idea of the source material in this case, as it was original). But then I'm the first to accept the fact source material is so irrelevant when you have The Power To Stun.

- Town was too powerful. Reading through the roles, they just kept coming and coming with loads of great powers. (It felt appropriate though, for some reason. :p )

Sorry, I just went online to have a quick look, but I have been reading quite some text :rolleyes.

I've already said your game was great in the mafia forum, but I want to get it on record here too: it was epic. Obviously, my attention wavers when I'm dead, but reading those write-ups always was a joy. I may comment on it more elaborately later though.. I want to get to bed :p.

Dead mafiosos offering theories and speculation is not against the rules in my book. Sméagol actually thought he couldn't do it before I gave him permission.

FTR I agree too.

- Town was too powerful. Reading through the roles, they just kept coming and coming with loads of great powers. (It felt appropriate though, for some reason. :p )

I think it was very balanced actually, just the mafia were horrendously unlucky to lose Smigz on day 1. If he had survived say...3 days more...thats a quarter of the town powers working 50% of the time. Would have been hugely damaging.

I actually got annoyed at you calling me out as the princess several times. It made you look highly suspicious to me, as I figured someone who was town wouldn't try to endanger the princess. It's why I ended up roleblocking you one of the last few nights. =P

About that, I wasn't actually an investigator as I made people believe, since I got a different power every night. It's just that a few of them also made me find out names, so I tried to make that sound like my real power. Any time I didn't come out with info was because I either didn't get any or I did something that would make me look evil (stealing the map for example).

Ahhh, well I was suspicious a bit! I did believe Danny for a rather long time though, if I'd been you, I'd have been dead alot sooner :x

I also did wonder about that roleblocking, lol.

Lol, reading through the roles. It's actually quite appreciated that you re-chose my role! I think the newness of that role to me definitely helped keep my activity and keep me in the game. I felt at first that it wasn't going to be massively useful, but it gave me some peace of mind in places. I did enjoy being me!

In terms of dead mafioso, I've always thought that whence you are dead, you are dead. The dead don't talk.

Oh and when you said I was accurate 99% of the time did you actually use that? I was worried I would get incredibly unlucky and it would affect it somehow :p

I only put that because nothing is certain in this world. Also, it wasn't fool-proof. Zell managed to accidentally bypass your sensor, after all.

Yeah, I was aware of that, but there were plenty of reasons for people to go after townies. For example, some people went after Diageo because they thought he was untargettable (but still ignored ReZ somehow), went after Tales because there were so many roleblockers, suspected Ellmeister because they felt he was too powerful, etc.

It's just that, well, if there were 5-6 townies of equal shadiness, they'd chase the only mafioso in the group!

And for the record, half of that game was me improvising. I never planned that kitty, or the piano for that matter.

Which meant that there were plenty of minor flaws and plot holes. Only one was major...

----------------------------

Jonnas! Talk about Rez cheating death! It sounds interesting! [/reminder]

Right...The first bullet he dodged was the only major fuck-up on my part. On the night that Peeps died...

-ReZ said he'd target the Peeps;

-Aqui1a said he would switch ReZ and Peeps around;

-This meant that ReZ would've targeted himself a.k.a. sleep on the hall;

-Due to having a bad day that time, I accidentally gave priority to the wrong power: it basically meant that anyone targeting either would get The Peeps, which was wrong;

-The mafia sent Zell and the killer on Peeps;

-They should've been redirected to a vulnerable ReZ.

So, sorry for that, Peeps.

The second time, was when Dannyboy tried to kill him when he was catatonic. At the time, Nintendohnut was still undecided on whether he should protect chairdriver or ReZ. The result was me flipping a lot of coins that night. Which resulted in ReZ being heavily protected by the mafia by sheer luck!

The third time was the second post he edited. He saved his own hide that time, by managing to save his old post in time, and confessing immediately.

Unoriginal sentiment incoming: Excellent game

Jonnas, your improvisation is what made the game for me. Little flavour text reffering to peoples comments during the day pulled me into the action. Playing with the tension with the ReZ/chair scenario and a the end when the mafia was dead but we had a bonus day elevated it from a game to be played to an event.

Thankyou

Oh, yes, I love, love, LOVE it when the flavour text is shaped by the conversation! :D ReZ using E.D.I.T., Diageo being Dr House, Zell protecting himself with a kitty that ReZ adopted - it was all brilliant! :D

Also, Sméagol's fake lynchbomb. My favourite write-up in the game, because I had the idea of the "fake chant" ever since the game started, and ReZ gave me a good idea to use it.

As I said in the mafia board, this was the unluckiest mafia I've ever been in. Nothing went right for us! Nintendohnut played very well, but he was so unlucky to get lynched accidently before he had a chance to reply. I feel the mafia played as best as we could, but when we were down to 3 I knew we had very little chance of success, especially as so many townies had pretty much come out as innocent. The town were powerful and participating so we had nowhere to hide. I'm not saying the game was unbalanced, but it certainly felt very one-sided once we had lost Smeagol and Jonnas changed my night power.

I'm going to congratulate Cube. You set a trap and I walked straight into it. You got me good. I was worried about the lie detector and I thought it was pretty safe to say I targeted Maddog. Later I re-read my PM and realised (too late) that you were involved:

"You were about to enter the room, knife in hand, when someone else stopped you. He managed to wrestle away your knife, but you managed to punch his eyes and escape."

So that mistake cost me. I'm also surprised that no-one lynched my when Maddog said that I intended to use the maps for evil purposes. I mean, that's a pretty massive hint?

Another thing I should mention is that Jonnas nerfed my power after the "pianist" night. I understand that it was broken, but we had a bloody mountain to climb and could have used that more often... perhaps once every other night?

Lastly, I don't think people who have been killed should be allowed to replace inactives. The way I see it, once you've been killed, you've lost. It's unfair that they get a second chance of winning. This is my opinion, agree or disagree.

Still, this was a very fun mafia game, even if I was on the losing side. Some absolutely fantastic write-ups and great paranoia all round. It has definitely reinvigorated me about mafia games in general. Jonnas, I look forward to a sequel!

So that mistake cost me. I'm also surprised that no-one lynched my when Maddog said that I intended to use the maps for evil purposes. I mean, that's a pretty massive hint?

I was so annoyed about that haha. I sent that info to Maddog after I stole your map. I wasn't sure you would've used them for evil, but I thought it was worth taking a risk (as my info also told you the servants never trusted you).

The fact that no one really wanted to act on it just made me go arghhh. But I had to be careful not to give myself away as I stole that map.

I was so annoyed about that haha. I sent that info to Maddog after I stole your map. I wasn't sure you would've used them for evil, but I thought it was worth taking a risk (as my info also told you the servants never trusted you).

The fact that no one really wanted to act on it just made me go arghhh. But I had to be careful not to give myself away as I stole that map.

I wanted to act on it, but people seemed to think that it meant that the person who stole it wanted to use it for evil.

I wanted to act on it, but people seemed to think that it meant that the person who stole it wanted to use it for evil.

This was one of the things I never understood why people misunderstood. It was clear from what was said that it was the original owner of the map that wanted to use it for evil. But I didn't really care all too much about that. :heh:

remove vote I guess sometimes you can't explain things

According to the information i got last night. Zell stole a map of the Princesses summer house. It shows many secret passages that other people wouldn't knew existed. He apparently intended to use this for evil, and is regarded a threat.

I'd like to hear more from MadDog about his PM. Does the part I've bolded refer to the thief or to Zell? I know you said you made a mistake and that Zell had his map stolen rather than he stole it, but if you targeted Zell then surely the info is about him?

I asked about it but got ignored/unseen.