NEurope
Murr

Iron Man 3

2 bits of news -

Jon Favreau WILL Be Back For IRON MAN 3 As Happy Hogan

More great casting news for Iron Man 3 as it is confirmed that Jon Favreau (the man who directed both Iron Man and Iron Man 2) will reprise his role as Tony Stark's bodyguard and friend, Happy Hogan.

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Jon Favreau has signed up to return as Happy Hogan in the Shane Black helmed Iron Man 3. There had already been talk of him perhaps making some sort of appearance, but this confirms those earlier reports. It is also a pretty clear sign that there is no bad blood between Favreau and Marvel Studios after the mixed critical response - which many blame on Marvel's decision to include a few too many The Avengers related easter eggs - to the hugely successful Iron Man 2, and his decision not to return to helm the third instalment of the franchise. And if this report isn't confirmation enough for you that he will indeed return, check out a Tweet from Favreau earlier today.

Atsl8ekCMAAr_8E.jpg

Ashley Hamilton In Talks To Play FIREPOWER In IRON MAN 3

Little known actor Ashley Hamilton (seen recently on Dancing With The Stars) is in talks with Marvel Studios to play the villainous Firepower in Iron Man 3, adding yet another super powered baddie to the packed out cast. Read on for details.

Variety reports that Ashley Hamilton is in talks to play the villainous Firepower in Iron Man 3, yet another villain Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark/Iron Man will presumably face off against in the upcoming threequel. The role is described as being a minor one, so whether or not he will actually suit up as the armoured bad guy remains to be seen. In the comic books, Jack Taggart takes part in a government program (Project: Firepower) to control rogue super beings, and was trained on a simulator learning to operate an experimental suit in order to take down Iron Man. The film is reportedly based on the "Extremis" storyline.

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

Regarding 'the minor role' of Firepower...

It would be nice to see a film for once doing one of those pre-opening titles/during opening titles fights against a smaller rogue (I always thought a Spiderman film should open with a fight against Rhino), to show us whose ass Iron Man's been kicking whilst we've been away, kinda thing.

Edited by Retro_Link

I thought the same thing. Extremis is all about Iron Man starting out at the peak of his strength so it'd be cool to have something like that.

Yeah, opening the film with a 5 minute fight scene with cool CGI that doesn't really need explanation more than "this guy attacked me, so I attacked him back", and perhaps ties into the story later on.

Since the casting, it always seemed like it should be true... well now it may be?...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/more-iron-man-3-villain-scoopage

For several months now, we've heard various rumors surrounding Sir Ben Kingsley's role in Iron Man 3. However, it is now being reported that the actor will indeed be playing the part of the Mandarin.

The report comes from Latino Review, and while Marvel continues to deny that the Mandarin is in the film, LR is a site that has broken many a superhero story in the past with its inside sources.

They say that Kingsley's character will be more of a "veiled threat as a silent partner" to Guy Pearce's Aldrich Killian. Killian, as we've learned, is the scientist who invents Extremis, and LR says the character will be using it to build an army of super-powered individuals. Still no word on how many Extremis soldiers we'll see, but sources speculate that the recently cast characters of Coldblood and Firepower are somehow involved with this thread.

Also new 'Iron Man'/'cameo' suit spotted...

That is one FUGLY suit!!!

Edited by Retro_Link

Not read any Iron Man comics other than Extremis, so don't know if there is a story ark where Iron Man has a patriotic suit... so shoot me down if this is off,

But perhaps some homage to Captain America then in the next Iron Man 3? Maybe a cheeky line along the line of "Now I see why Rodgers like's wearing the stars and stripes!" or something like that?

Comic spoilers in relation to that suit (It basically doesn't make any sense and possibly isn't possible, and thus is most likely an easter egg for fans,....seems a mild amount of trouble to go to, but still, entirely possible)

When Norman Osborn manages to essentially take over SHIELD/over throw them and he is in charge, he has access to Iron Mans armors, and becomes "Iron Patriot", so that is Norman Osborn's armor.

And I guess they don't have the rights to use him, but might?

Oh wow. That's pretty cool. Even more of a shit that Sony have the Spiderman rights then.

What a ball bag.

James Badge Dale is the actor in the armour. Previous reports put him as playing Eric Savin, but that isn't certain.

On Retros Spioler

WTF? Iron Patriot doesn't make any sense for Iron Man 3?

As Rez mentioned Norman Osbourne becomes Iron Patriot when he (in the comics) takes over Sheild and forms his own Avengers team (made up of bad guys).

Also this happens after the Superhero Civil War, though I guess they could do this without doing the War it wouldn't be right at all unless it was Osbourne in the suit. And as mentioned his rights go hand in hand with the Spiderman rights (not the mention the shit load of back story the character would have before his Iron Patriot days... how would they explain him as part of this IM universe if they could use him)

Kinda wish I hadn't clicked the spoiler now but I was expecting to see an Iron Man Mark VIII/Extremis suit :heh:

Also I've just realised another reason why I hate that Marvel don't have the Spidey rights back.... no Iron Spider suit for Spiderman :(

That would have been awesome for say Avengers 2 (just dreaming)

James Badge Dale is the actor in the armour. Previous reports put him as playing Eric Savin, but that isn't certain.

Yeah, comingsoon have it pegged as him.

Iron Patriot NOT in Iron Man 3?

New details revealed regarding armor set photos.

Okay, remember those leaked Iron Patriot photos from the set of Iron Man 3? Well, as it turns out, that wasn't exactly the Iron Patriot, at least not in the strictest sense.

Latino Review is now reporting that those new armor pics are actually just an update on Don Cheadle's War Machine getup. And that other guy in the suit? He's a stuntman -- not James Badge Dale or any other mistaken celebrity. While this new look may eventually be called "Iron Patriot" in the film, for now, it shouldn't be considered another villain in the movie's roster.

Stay tuned for more Iron Man 3 scoop as it comes our way.

Bit confused by this.

Firstly they said Iron Man 3 would be very much Iron Man (and not loads of guys in armour), so I'm a bit surprised War Machine is gonna be in this next film.

Secondly I'm guessing the new paint job may be because War Machine is currently fighting on the front line, given Rhodey's military and all, and thus acting as an American symbol against those they're fighting. But don't they now have Captain America for that!?

I guess it's preferable to introducing Norman Osbourne and having to explain why he's not a Spider-Man villain anymore, and why someone doesn't just arrest him. Iron Patriot is a really convoluted character.

Bit confused by this.

Firstly they said Iron Man 3 would be very much Iron Man (and not loads of guys in armour), so I'm a bit surprised War Machine is gonna be in this next film.

Secondly I'm guessing the new paint job may be because War Machine is currently fighting on the front line, given Rhodey's military and all, and thus acting as an American symbol against those they're fighting. But don't they now have Captain America for that!?

Cap is so incongruous to modern warfare that it wouldn't really work. "Charge!" as a warhead comes flying his way, killing half the unit.

Couldn't he be in it, but have a small role in bits before Iron Man gets separated from everyone?

If they make that the new War Machine and call it the Iron Patriot I'll be pissed cuz they'll be messing too much with the mythology for my liking

Couldn't he be in it, but have a small role in bits before Iron Man gets separated from everyone?
Yeah suppose so. That'd be fine.

If they make that the new War Machine and call it the Iron Patriot I'll be pissed cuz they'll be messing too much with the mythology for my liking
I think we've just got to forget the name Iron Patriot was ever banded around, it's not gonna be Iron Patriot, although you can tell the design's been inspired by that; or maybe we find out in the film that the inspiration has comes from Captain America being back.

I'm quite ready for what the spoiler entails. Obviously they aren't going to do *that character* like in the comics, but nice if the armour gets a look-at in these films to some extent.

Concept Art

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/03/iron-man-3-concept-art-revealed

Iron Man 3 Concept Art Revealed

Image will adorn posters at San Diego Comic-Con.

Marvel Studios has revealed that the below concept art from Iron Man 3 will be on posters they're giving away at San Diego Comic-Con next week. Have a look:

iron-man-3_concept_art-610x301.jpg

As for what the image (painted by regular Marvel concept artist Ryan Meinerding) represents, well… Marvel isn't saying.

Very cool! :D

1200ironmansdcc4jpg-9d742b_640w.jpg

1200ironmansdcc3jpg-43f7e0_640w.jpg

1200ironmansdcc1jpg-9d742c_640w.jpg

1200ironmansdcc2jpg-9d742d_640w.jpg

I SO want a life size Iron Man suit that I can but on display like that in an alcove! :D

*would totally wear it watching TV, visor up, eating popcorn etc...* :p

I SO want a life size Iron Man suit that I can but on display like that in an alcove! :D

*would totally wear it watching TV, visor up, eating popcorn etc...* :p

I know I posted this before in teh Avengers thread and I think Dannyboy posted it in the Awesome stuff thread, but just in case you missed it.... see if you can get this guy to build you one (or sell you his)

Written Description of The Footage Screened at Comic-Con

*SPOILERS*

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/15/comic-con-fans-marvel-at-iron-man-3

Marvel screened about 5 or so minutes of footage (twice!) for fans. The clip began with Tony Stark playing with his new toys. His thought-controlled armor as he only has to gesture at his armor and/or give Jarvis a verbal command for the pieces to come flying at him. (We saw a bit of this in action in Avengers, remember?) That bit ends with a hero pose of Tony in his new silver and crimson armor.

We then see Tony video chatting with Happy Hogan (Favreau), who it's revealed is no longer Tony's head of security. He said he felt humiliated whenever he told people he was Iron Man's bodyguard. He also chided Tony for being part of the Super Friends now. That's when things took a decidedly more grim turn.

We see Pepper Potts with iron Man inside Tony's seaside mansion when BOOM! Attack helicopter fire missiles into Tony's Malibu, completely destroying it and the cliffside. The mansion collapses into the Pacific Ocean. Pepper's fate is unclear, but we see Iron Man sink into the ocean with all the rubble.

There's then a sizzle reel showing images of Guy Pearce as Killian, Rebecca Hall as Maya Hansen (Black confirmed that's the character), Don Cheadle back in action as Rhodey/War Machine, and William Sadler in a role that appeared to be that of The President. But the big reveal was the closing shots of Ben Kingsley as ... The Mandarin! Yes, folks, Marvel confirmed the character.

Kingsley's Mandarin has an American accent, a very affected one that sounded not unlike Agent Smith in The Matrix. He was decked out in his robe and his rings and had a weird beard and hairdo that, combined with his outfit, made him look like a mishmash of a samurai, an old rock star, a Klingon and a pharaoh. Like a true comic book villain, he even sat menacingly in his big chair.

Overall, the Iron Man 3 footage suggested things will get worse for Tony before they get better and that he will, in Black's words, hit "rock bottom" in the film. And, no, that's not a reference to the "Demon in a Bottle" story line because Downey, Black and Favreau all said it wouldn't really work with the tone and world they've created for their Iron Man films.

Downey also half-jokingly acknowledged that his contract with Marvel is up after Iron Man 3 and that he'd love to continue with them, but that they better let him pick which Brink's truck he wants this time.

Hopefully it's the suit he starts the film with and it doesn't last long! :p

Though maybe it'll look good alongside Mandarin and the setting.

Could be some really nasty suits in this film whiat with this and the apparent War Machine paint job!?

Edited by Retro_Link