Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Magnus, that's a little presumptuous!

I mean she hasn't posted about these hotel trips since her job at Jagex so I imagine it's calmed down a little bit :heh:

In seriousness: Great to hear nightwolf. Keep the good times rolling.

No, I've just asked my male friend if I can stay at his instead. :awesome:

Hahaha! Really; you're too cool. I got nothing!

Thanks a bunch, it's because my flat won't be ready til the Monday evening, so I'm stopping at his, he works for Jagex too, so he's been really helpful recently, plus it's nice to chat to him properly again.

Personally I dislike Cambridge, I've only been there 5 times each time to drive my sister then drive back. So much traffic in and out it has put me off the place entirely :p

To me it seemed deathly quiet to Sheffield. Reminds me very much of home. I'm still not sure if this is good or bad.

Thanks a bunch, it's because my flat won't be ready til the Monday evening, so I'm stopping at his, he works for Jagex too, so he's been really helpful recently, plus it's nice to chat to him properly again.

Can you get me a job? :(

I just got an 85 for an essay. I got a dreadful mark (As in module shatteringly awful) for the essay before so I was really down about everything. This has just saved me and given me that safety net for my degree.

My highest ever mark. A fucking 85!!

tumblr_lky0e8xS7F1qc0ckqo1_400.gif

Edited by Daft

Which part of Cambridge are you living in? It's a hilariously quiet place anyway - it's a large town that pretends to be a city.

Can you get me a job? :(

At the moment - I'm not sure, I have two places picked out and I'm waiting on photos. :)

Dyson - go and apply :D

Well, well, well, i didn't think this would ever occur. A brand spanking new copy of L.A Noire showed up today. Completly free, and i cannot believe it. I'll be playing it once my errands are complete.

But, my summer gaming is complete now. Got both Mass Effect titles, Bioshock 2 and L.A Noire to do this summer. Shall be shur-weet.

I just got an 85 for an essay. I got a dreadful mark (As in module shatteringly awful) for the essay before so I was really down about everything. This has just saved me and given me that safety net for my degree.

My highest ever mark. A fucking 85!!

Well I came in here to say that I got 70 in an essay, but it doesn't seem that good now.

My exam also went quite well. Considering I only did about an hour's revision it's not too bad.

So.. since ive been jobless about a month... I got a phonecall from my friend the other day who manages a shoe concession within Dorothy Perkins. Shes offered me a job... 8 hours a week (not much like) but its enough to keep me afloat till Uni starts up again in january!

EXCITED :D no interview no nothing. i just got offered the job!

So.. since ive been jobless about a month... I got a phonecall from my friend the other day who manages a shoe concession within Dorothy Perkins. Shes offered me a job... 8 hours a week (not much like) but its enough to keep me afloat till Uni starts up again in january!

EXCITED :D no interview no nothing. i just got offered the job!

Lucky!

I need to get a summer job and no idea what to look for or where to look but there will be lots of meaningless interviews I'm sure :angry:

Lucky!

I need to get a summer job and no idea what to look for or where to look but there will be lots of meaningless interviews I'm sure :angry:

Retail is the best place to start. Topman, superdry, Burton, g star, all saints. Etc etc.

Retail is the best place to start. Topman, superdry, Burton, g star, all saints. Etc etc.

I've done the whole retail thing and it killed me inside. In fact I've done it for the past 6 years whilst studying. I guess it'll have to do!

Should I tell them it is just for summer or that I'm looking full time?

Also I had an exam today, 4/5 done! Almost there woo!

Oh man I hate places that pretend to be bigger than they are.

Stirling - A city, because it won a competition. A total nothing place.

Lucky!

I've done the whole retail thing and it killed me inside. In fact I've done it for the past 6 years whilst studying. I guess it'll have to do!

Should I tell them it is just for summer or that I'm looking full time?

Also I had an exam today, 4/5 done! Almost there woo!

Dude, you're starting with KPMG in a few months time and I know exactly how much you're going to be earning. Don't bother getting a job. Work up a debt by getting as steaming as possible as much as possible and pay it back within like 2 months when you start! :)

I totally missed nightwolf getting a job.

Well done!

I read in this month's Develop how they're having a massive expansion, so I'd say there's a good chance of getting the extension thing.

Well done again!

I totally missed nightwolf getting a job.

Well done!

I read in this month's Develop how they're having a massive expansion, so I'd say there's a good chance of getting the extension thing.

Well done again!

Thanks dude, would you believe out of all my university friends etc, I'm the only one with a position in a games company?

I somehow managed to drop lucky..I'm still not sure how.. 0.o

Stirling - A city, because it won a competition. A total nothing place.

Dude, you're starting with KPMG in a few months time and I know exactly how much you're going to be earning. Don't bother getting a job. Work up a debt by getting as steaming as possible as much as possible and pay it back within like 2 months when you start! :)

How do you know :o

I'm also planning on getting a job to keep me pre-occupied! I also just remembered, think I'm having surgery on my leg which may keep me out for a while :(