NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Crazy, mental, awesome day.

Went to see Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy today. It was played by The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall. Nobuo Uematsu (the composer) was there and got a standing ovation both times he was on stage. Susan Calloway, the original singer of various FF tracks, including Distant Worlds was there singing as well. There was also a mini opera from FF6. The whole thing was incredible. Due to this and Star Wars in Concert that I went to see with Happenstance a while back, I'm absolutely in love with orchestral music (but it needs to be live).

Then came the crazy dash home. Had to leave half way through the encore to catch the last train home, and even then it was tight. We sprinted from the Albert Hall to the nearest tube station, only just making it in. The guy was shutting the gates as we ran through. INB4THELOCK. All our tube trains were there on the platform as we got there. Literally no room for error. As we got to Marylebone station, our train was just closing it's doors. We actually yelled to the conductor on the platform "Hold that train!". Insanely tight timing.

Crazy day.

The lovely photographer I met at the Ghost In The Machine ball last weekend finally sent me the pictures of me and Captain Robert of Abney Park! :D

320027_2684739039137_1276218553_33237854_1588492026_n.jpg

384864_2684739759155_1276218553_33237856_938114903_n.jpg

(Because Rez reminded me that I should share good shizzle)

So I think I've found my perfect job. It's been kind of in the works for just over a month now but I got a massive project last week which kind of confirms me as the go to guy (since technically I'm a sole trader/freelance and assuming I don't fuck up this project).

I'm kind of a creative director for a marketing agency. I don't have an official title but that's what I'm going with since I have free creative reign on creating videos for companies.

It's all happened so fast. It's exactly what I wanted to happen after uni. Although I never saw how it could because my degree doesn't exactly scream 'creative'. And it's happened. And I'm still in disbelief. Nothing that I've wanted so much has ever come this easily. I'm super thankful to...like...the fates. I'm overwhelmed but disbelief is the word that really describes my feelings.

Congrats. We need to have lunch so we can chat about it/I can punch you in the face.

Nice one daft :) It sounds like a very interesting job. I'd say that a director tends to have a team below them so you're more of a creative executive :P Still an awesome title.

Haha! Yeah, I'm still working out the kinks.

Thanks y'all!!

It's kind of weird that even though I'm just starting this and, like I said, I'm still getting used to the whole situation I also have an idea of where I want to take this in a years time. I'm excited. Cautiously.

The hand-me-down PC I got when my brother bought his new computer is finally in a working state.

The monitor sucks and the sound card is on the fritz so it kind of sounds like someone's constantly frying bacon, but I'm just glad to finally have a computer that can handle The Sims 3. Foam.gif

I have arrived. :D

After years of using this site, I'm finally registered.

Met some of the admins here at the "Toys4BigBoys" thing in Ireland just before the Wii was released and was active on a few older Ninty forums in the past.

Been a Ninty fanboy since I got my first SNES and have a collection of Ninty consoles that I've never wanted to part with.

Currently playing StarFox 3DS.

So how'r'ya all, nice to see you!

Your avatar is Carl Sagan. That instantly makes you awesome. Welcome to the forums! :D

Cheers dude, it was a toss-up between him and Richard Feynman but Carls voice just pipped it :)

Other avatars that would have impressed Danny:

1) Anything Danish

2) Anything Ace Attorney

3) Anything with breasts

I have arrived. :D

After years of using this site, I'm finally registered.

Met some of the admins here at the "Toys4BigBoys" thing in Ireland just before the Wii was released and was active on a few older Ninty forums in the past.

Been a Ninty fanboy since I got my first SNES and have a collection of Ninty consoles that I've never wanted to part with.

Currently playing StarFox 3DS.

So how'r'ya all, nice to see you!

Welcome edzza

*insert rimmersalutegif*

2 things to watch out for and be careful of.

1. Rez

2. Rez's personalities

Other than that, you'll be fine. And as you are here, there is no leaving. So sit back and enjoy!!!.

Two months into my job and I've got a promotion and a 25% pay increase.

rsa5tz.jpg

8) Molly

Welcome *scrolls up* edzza! I work sith someone who looks like carl sagan. True story.

Promotion and the release date for fun.'s new album in the same day :o! :D!

(nobody other than @Mr_Odwin will care)