NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

It's been a long time since I've been at home and it feels nice to be back for 2 days. Sometimes a break from Dublin is lovely.

I'm feeling good now. I've got those heavy eyelids from being at ease and I've got an evening of watching The Simpsons & playing Zelda. I'll no doubt end up drinking a glass or two of wine & dancing to my favourite songs. [my sister is currently playing old Disney songs & it's so beautiful. Pochohontas is on now..)

Oh and 2 nights ago I had a classic dinner party & ate some vegetarian dishes while washing them down with more wine & Jameson. I made friends and we shared Jagermeister. It's exhilarating running through empty halls at 3:00am

It's been a long time since I've been at home and it feels nice to be back for 2 days. Sometimes a break from Dublin is lovely.

I'm feeling good now. I've got those heavy eyelids from being at ease and I've got an evening of watching The Simpsons & playing Zelda. I'll no doubt end up drinking a glass or two of wine & dancing to my favourite songs. [my sister is currently playing old Disney songs & it's so beautiful. Pochohontas is on now..)

Oh and 2 nights ago I had a classic dinner party & ate some vegetarian dishes while washing them down with more wine & Jameson. I made friends and we shared Jagermeister. It's exhilarating running through empty halls at 3:00am

Your name is either Mia or M.I.A.

He's so Audrey Horne, isn't he?

He's so Audrey Horne, isn't he?

Is it worth finishing Twin Peaks?

I loved the first season but stopped half-way during the second.

Just kinda... dropped off for me.

Finish it because you may as well, but it famously had trouble in the second season because the writers were forced to 'solve the mystery' mid-way through, so the last half feels a bit limp in comparison.

A good day of writing.

3,500 on my dissertation.

Just have to do one or two thousand tomorrow and my dissertation is essentially done.

For once I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing! After a quick search I like Mia. (I've heard of her, of course. Just not extensively)

I enjoy that Audrey Horne comparison, @Paj\!. I try my best.

Edited by Frank

I am looking at applying for a new job at work - internal position (sounds wrong), so have been updating my CV. Haven't updated it in 4 years and am genuinely shocked at how much I seem to have done since starting my current role now I'm being forced to write it all down! So that's coming along nicely and I'm pleased I will finally have a decent CV saved!

I also have a date next weekend which I'm a happy boy about :grin:

SNOW DAY!

I mean, it's more because y'know I get to work from home and all tomorrow - yipee! :D

Finally finished Volume 2 of the Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novel Collection - Dark Phoenix. Jesus. Was good, but bloody hell does Claremont like over-explaining things, took a solid few hours today and an entire weeks worth of breaks to read.

So there's gonna be a TV show (Pilot at least) about Green Arrow. I'm aware Smallville divided people on here but I personally liked it. GA will be made by different people but it's going to be on the same network, so no doubt it won't me a million miles away from Smallville. As is the norm with these TV Shows that are linked to previous ones, the producers will probably go out their way to try and distance it from Smallville. This is the guy they've supposedly cast to play the jolly archer himself:

amell-206x300.jpg

His name is Stephen Amell and that's about as much as I know about him. It's being filmed in Vancouver (same place as Smallville and millions of other TV Shows) and I believe it's going to be called Arrow. Green Arrow has always been one of my favoured superheroes (I've always preferred Robin Hood in leather), so i'm eagerly anticipating it.

Went out for birthday drinks last night. Started out at a restaurant and got a free bottle of Brut and 40% off the bill because it was my birthday. Met up with friends in a pub and got more free drinks (from friends), then went to some cheesy club/bar thing (Strawberry Moors). Only spent £10 on getting into the club all night, was fun :D

I turned my usually lazy sunday into an ACTIVE SUNDAY. :bouncy: I felt so restless after my usual morning of University work! :D

Here is how my morning breaks down:

6:34- 7:03 - Phineas and Ferb

7:03- 8:30 - Working on ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis)

8:30 - 9:15 - Go for a morning stroll.

9:15 - 10:18 - Gym (ooh the back of my legs)

10:18 - 11:30 - Shopping for healthy stuffs at Morrisons.

:grin: It felt good to achieved all that before lunch time. Then I did more work/watched TV but I actually COOKED things as oppose to fast food nonsense.

I had some posh fruity granola cereal and an egg.

Cottage Cheese with mixed herbs and pasta for lunch.

Chicken in a cheese sauce with brocolli and mangetout for dinner!

PLUSPLUSPLUS got the Wifi on my Nintendo 3DS working again. :yay:

I learned the other day a hidden benefit of having your own business. You get to pick your own job title.

166907_10151272689135341_687920340_23148952_1274381524_n.jpg

Whenever I send emails to anyone else in the office (and bother including my signature) I change my job title. Nobody seems to have noticed yet that I'm Senior Director of Awesomeness and Fun Times.

I think the name badges for Focus are automated and only get checked at the entrance. I came dangerously close to putting my name as Bruce Wayne, Vigilante (or Batman) at Wayne Enterprises. I then realised if I didn't get in with it, I'd have to pay £10 instead.

Phew, only 1,300ish words today; but my dissertation is wrapped up.

Just got to get some images and make a video to accompany it, but that's pretty minor.

Onto some really fucking fun stuff tomorrow.

Woke up this morning, turned on my facebook and saw an update from a cousin in the Philippines updating from his phone just saying "Earthquake....Earthquake"

Nearly had a heart attack as Joy, Oisín and my Mom are all there on holiday.... good news though all are ok.

Was even more worried as Joy's parents house where she and Oisín are staying is right next to the beach and there was a Tsunami warning.... though good stuff again, warning cancelled.

Phew.

I'd seen news on Earthquakes and all sorts happen in the Philippines before but this is the first one that happened where my family are.... more of a panic given that Joy, the baby and my mother happen to be visiting at the same time.

But as I said all is ok now. It was a 6.9 and they were like 70odd KM away from the epicentre and there doesn't appear to have been much damage.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/246993/news/nation/tsunami-alert-lifted-as-usgs-records-another-quake-in-negros-area

I learned the other day a hidden benefit of having your own business. You get to pick your own job title.

166907_10151272689135341_687920340_23148952_1274381524_n.jpg

I like changing my own job title too. One of those little things which brighten up my day.

I've been given the days off that I wanted, so I can go to Prague in March.

Tonight I'm booking the flights and hotel.

EXCITE!

tumblr_lyygwzp94p1qgk1olo1_250.gif