NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Saw Dylan Moran live - hugely intense and generally a chortler, but a few quality moments. Quite an angry man!

Dylan Moran is sexy in a weird kind of way. At least in Black Books, never seen him anywhere else.

I made some magnet sets today to sell soon. That's the best stuff to happen to me in the last few days. =P

I made some magnet sets today to sell soon. That's the best stuff to happen to me in the last few days. =P

Magnets are fun to make! I've covered my parents' and my grandmother's fridges with magnets I've made. :smile:

Yesterday was aweeeesome. There's a marquee at our school which is being used to host a wedding or something pretty soon. Yesterday, we held a charity rock and roll disco/party, with roughly 150 people or something turning up. The drinks were £1.50 each, aaaahahahhahah. Plus, we were told that if we really wanted to drink, we could just crash at the school (again) and make the most of the night.

So, I did. Lots of dancing, cheap drinks, nice food and good music playing. About a dozen of us slept at the school, and we all woke up this morning and had breakfast together, which was really nice. I stayed behind to help tidy up and stuff, too.

What's this? A social life? Feel like I'm starting to settle in down here now, which is a nice feeling. :)

Today, I'm going to chill the fuck out. I'm not sure what to do, though. Tempted to either watch:

Close Encounters of the third Kind

ET

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

or something else

or play:

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil: Zero

No More Heroes 2

Twilight Princess

Super Metroid

Choose.

Watch Lord of the Rings.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I think I may slightly be leaning towards one of the others, though. Feel in a bit of a gaming mood, maybe.

Watch Lord of the Rings.

Im going to second that. I watched the first on Tuesday, second on Friday and planning on watching the 3rd tonight unless I can manage to find some female company to come round instead.

Don't know where else to put this picture but thought I'd share it with you to sum up T in the Park.

264027_135162319899311_101203436628533_239081_7562961_n.jpg

The guys face on the left just makes it.

Edited by Charlie

I think I may know that one on the left.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Bollocks, skip that and go for one of the latter films. Fellowship weighs itself down with being downright boring. The only thing going for it is the Bean, which, if you want to just skip to the scenes he's in. I'll allow.

Magnets are fun to make! I've covered my parents' and my grandmother's fridges with magnets I've made. :smile:

I love the Pikachu fridge magnet :D

I'm really tempted to get some of the stuff you use for the figures. What was it called again?

80's/90's Nostaligia hit!

The subject of making Magnets has reminded me of/who remembers these...

WI%2050WHI.jpgdinosaurs.jpg

You used to colour the sheets in with pencil, cut them out, then whack them in the oven and watch them shrink! And then turn them into magnets, bagdes, keyrings etc...

This has in turn reminded me of these...

BakeACraftPineapple1.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!l!E2EgPVKO5BNtJtLf5,!~~_3.JPG

Where you'd fill a lead outline with different coloured glass pellet things and then whack them in the oven where they'd melt and create stained glass.

The oven certainly seemed a popular toy back in the day! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Ine needs to get her butt over to the Creative Gallery and show off her magnets. :blank:

I love the Pikachu fridge magnet :D
Pikachumagnet.jpg

Sculpey/Fimo/Cernit (don't buy Cernit). Those are the brands I'm familiar with. :smile:

Shrinkels seem very similar to Shrinky Dinks. They even both have terrible names!

Edited by Magnus

Celebrated a 65th wedding anniversary today, you don't see or hear many of them these days.

Dylan Moran is sexy in a weird kind of way. At least in Black Books, never seen him anywhere else.

I said this at work...I got some strange looks, although these guys don't really have the best taste in women let alone men.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Ahem. Just had some disgustingly good news.

My pension from HBOS is winding down and thus I am able to withdraw it.

I was effectively "fucked" for a little bit. I didn't apply for Job seekers soon enough because I didn't want to unless I absolutely had to....which....it got passed/past the point that I did have to...so I am in debt to the tune of about £800 ISH at the moment. Thus I was thinking first pay packet at work (in over one month) = out of debt. Second = potential car buying, but then worry @ insurance money, rent, other stuff etc etc....

.....But....fucking....now....out of mother fucking nowhere. Out of debt, badass £1800-£2200 car, and deposit and rent for a flat. Holy jebus win. Claire will be so happy.

I stole someone's wallet in Naples. It had £50 in it too!

I stole someone's wallet in Naples. It had £50 in it too!

Fuck you sir. Fuck you

In a related note, is it a good thing that Dyson can turn into five bawdy italians? Text me your answer! Enter your card details to win a trip to sunny Naples!

You know you've made some good decisions in life when you have to go to Tesco and have to say to yourself "Should I take the runaround, the 80's sports car or the 60's hot rod today?"

I took the hot rod in the end, but to make things even better, all the electrical problems have gone. I don't expect them to stay that way, but things are peachy at the moment!

I'm sorry but until you get a Le Baron I won't even consider touching your happy place.