NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Got my exam results literally a few minutes ago. Got a B1 (69%), 2 B2s (66%) and a C1 (59%). Little disappointed in the last one as I wanted solid Bs but it doesn't matter as I aced the essay assignment meaning that I still got a B2 overall for the module.

So, overall marks for my modules were B2, B2, B2, B3, handily sitting me at a 66% overall for the course year. Very happy with that. Now I wait with fingers crossed to see if I get my module choices next year (they're allocated based on your average grade for third year).

Never really understood the whole ''special day thing.'' it's completely lost on me.

You did see the part where I mentioned a 4 figure payout right? That's pretty fucking special.

Oh right, the love thing. Yeah I don't get that either.

You did see the part where I mentioned a 4 figure payout right? That's pretty fucking special.

Drinks on you at the N-E meet, then. : peace:

Drinks on you at the N-E meet, then. : peace:

Well I'm not earning that yet. When I am, I shall provide drinks.

Well I'm not earning that yet. When I am, I shall provide drinks.

Juice and milk?

Juice and milk?

Juice?! You'll all get squash! I'm not made of money!

Studying in the Sun!

I think I have a true farmers tan...

Sexy...

Just finished my poster for a display in a few weeks time. It takes ages to get data/images and then position them properly for a science poster, really pleased with the result. I got a call from my second supervisor saying it was brilliant which is great.

One of the good things about doing a PhD is when you've done a lot of the data collection and can show your work to others. :)

Had lunch with a friend from Belgium. Bit worried it would be weird as we met at a gig last year and only tweeted since but it all went smoothly.

The heat and stress seems to have got to all of us today as we all went a bit loopy in the studio. I ended up doing a West Side Story dance in the corridor. And yet it wouldn't have been out of place. I love how 'Fame' our uni is at times.

My (future) brother-in-law asked me to be best man at his and my sister's wedding today. So that's pretty nice.

Also sent some applications out.

My (future) brother-in-law asked me to be best man at his and my sister's wedding today. So that's pretty nice.

^ That should provide you with some helpful hints for your speech :heh:

HEAT.

I am so hot. It is hot. I'm afraid of getting hot which is making me hotter. I'm literally burning a hole in my pants. Smoke is evaporating from my anus.

All that and yet I'm still wearing a winter hat. The one with those fluffy ear tails. what a douchebag. :p

Smoke is evaporating from my anus.

Err.. something I've never thought I'd hear you say!!! LOL

I'm completely loving the heat, long may it last :D

Oh right, the love thing. Yeah I don't get that either.

I don't mean working at a wedding, I mean having a large wedding yourself. :p

Tired but just got up to make our flight to Italy in a few hours. Couldn't sleep at all last night, hopefully catch some on the plane. See you in a week!

I'm up nice and early for once...and have a free house for two weeks. Win.

Facebook allows you to discover weird shit. A girl who lived in the flat below me in first year at Uni is going out/living with a guy I know from outside Uni. Not that impressive, I'll admit. He does come from, and has only ever lived in, Los Angeles, though. And I met him in the bar of his and my hostel in Rome. It's a small world, eh?

Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg

Thankfully no, had a great night, caught up with a few friends I haven't seen in a while and met some interesting new people. Then back home at the crack of dawn, 3 hours sleep, big fuck off breakfast and plenty of vodka and red bulls.

Yay, just sold two photo's, and a poster this weekend...

work.5565773.2.mat,375x360,black,ffffff.jpgwork.5356339.3.mat,375x360,black,ffffff.jpg

work.5350022.1.poster,375x360,ffffff.jpg

Gotta go and see the Senna movie, really looking forward to it!

Back home - wheee, it's awesome, even though the folks and dogs aren't here, which sucks a little, but it's nice to be in a bed that isn't cabin size and it's quiet.

Ever so quiet, screw working at jagex, I love my double bed too much :P.

...jk obviously. Well..kinda.

Man points plus a billion. I worked on the car and it actually fixed something!

Ever since I bought the Scirocco, the heater has had two settings: Hot and "Bastard Hot". Today I fixed it. Sweet relief!

Even when the heater was off, there was still a slight trickle of hot air coming from the vents. No more!

The best thing is that it only cost £11.50 in parts.