Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Retro_Link

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dark Knight Rises.

In an interview with the Hero Complex, Christopher Nolan has confirmed that the forthcoming third installment in the Batman trilogy will be called The Dark Knight Rises.

In addition, Nolan squashed speculation that The Riddler would be the villian in The Dark Knight Rises, saying that the character will definitely not be making an appearance.

Nolan, however, did confirm that he’ll “use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” and that the film won’t follow the current 3D craze, but instead capitalise on the use of HD and IMAX cameras to ensure the film remains cutting-edge.

The film name is a little bit lame (how it follows on a little too closely from the last film) but it really doesn't matter in the slightest to me. Perhaps just 'The Knight Rises' would have been better? Batman Begins was a bit of a naff name aswell tbh.

At least they've actually used a name and not just a number like Spider Man!

Thankfully we can now put The Riddler rumours to rest! However cool it may or may not have been to use him, I'm glad Nolan's shown he still has the guts to stick to his idea/vision/universe and not give in to any fan pressure (again like Spiderman). As the name suggests, he's bringing the story full circle.

'Using the same characters'... I think simply means the staples of Alfred, Gordon, Fox, and the mobster underworld... before anyone reads anything into The Joker/Two Face returning... as you know the internet will.

It also means The Scarecrow has a good chance of reappearing which would be great.

Edited by Retro_Link

what were you expecting?

i don't mean that in a sarcastic way.... a general intrigued way..... to get someone who reads comic books opinion. as opposed to me only ever watching the films.

I was expecting a non-wank title. It's like Batman Forever.

The Dark Knight Rises just feels like Nolan was wondering how he could do something similar a lá Batman - Batman Returns.

what were you expecting?

i don't mean that in a sarcastic way.... a general intrigued way..... to get someone who reads comic books opinion. as opposed to me only ever watching the films.

Having not written the film, I don't really know what would suit it. I do know the current title sucks hard. Not that it really matters.

The title is fine/alright/evokes no reaction. Better than "The Caped Crusader" or anything else they could have done.

Thank goodness The Riddler isn't in it. I knew he wouldn't be, but really never understood the desire for him to be in it in the first place.

The title is fine/alright/evokes no reaction. Better than "The Caped Crusader" or anything else they could have done.

Thank goodness The Riddler isn't in it. I knew he wouldn't be, but really never understood the desire for him to be in it in the first place.

I think going back to a Batman name may have been better, so it doesn't feel slightly cheapened as a second half to The Dark Knight story.

'Batman Rises' would have been decent enough.

Yes I'm glad about Riddler too, I couldn't see him working.

I think the story has moved on a bit too much for Talia Al Guhl to be used,

Black Mask and Catwomen for this one then?

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah, including Talia would be hard - she would come off as the threequel villain. Somehow related to a previous villain but never before mentioned. Or trying to tell a joke but failing. She's too complicated a character to be done justice anyway.

I can imagine him not using Catwoman, but it'd be cool if he did. I hope it's Black Mask.

I think going back to a Batman name may have been better, so it doesn't feel slightly cheapened as a second half to The Dark Knight story.

'Batman Rises' would have been decent enough.

Yes I'm glad about Riddler too, I couldn't see him working.

I think the story has moved on a bit too much for Talia Al Guhl to be used,

Black Mask and Catwomen for this one then?

I personally don't have any issue with the title.

I think putting Batman back in the title wouldn't look right as part of a trilogy. Either something involving the name of the villain or perhaps using Gotham in some way would have been better.

I also don't get the issue with the Riddler as such. I think he could have worked but I fear more that he would have been too similar to the Joker... except perhaps a little less "hands on" when it comes to the actual dirty work.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!