N-Europe

Well, I had an interesting day

Goafer

I expected an interesting day due to the plan being to explore an abandoned lunatic asylum, but the interest came from completely unexpected sources. Saw what could have been a dead/dying person and almost became one.

Lame story first: I was exploring another derelict place, an old asylum this time and was attempting to go up the clock tower. Got to the second floor and the wooden beams that formed the floor were a bit rotten. So I went slowly over them and decided not to go further because it was stupid. Rushed back as I didn't fancy hanging around on them for longer than I needed and one of the boards gave way. Luckily I was pretty much on the next step anyway, so no harm done. Think I shit my friend up more so than myself. I consider that a victory!

On the way to the next destination we see what we think to be a police car parked up and a small crowd round it. "Time for some rubber necking" I said to my friend, expecting a bit of a ruckus. As we got closer I saw that it was a paramedic car. Me and my friend have a bit of a nose and see an old lady laid on the floor with the paramedic over her. Pretty much simultaneously my friends and my mind set was "oh some old lady has had a bit of a funny turn-oh my god". Down to her knee was fine, as was her ankle down, but everything between was just random chunks of flesh. She wasn't moving either. We assume that she had been hit by a car since there was a car parked not too ahead of her.

So yeah interesting day. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I went to Legoland.

It was neither here nor there, as it was aimed at 6 year olds, but it made for an entertaining day out.

I went to Epcot. You had a more fun day.

I thanked this, but I don't agree.

Epcot stuns when you give it time.

I work at a pub in Wootton Bassett and earlier this year there was this massive motorbike ride-through to show support for Help For Heroes I think. There were like 3000 bikers or something registered for it [real-time edit: looked it up and there were 15,000 actually].

All day we had bikers going past and coming into the pub for lunch but at about 4pm there was an accident right at the entrance to the car park. One of the bikers was badly hurt; he was laid down in the middle of the entrance and wasn't moving. He was conscious I think but it must've been a spine or neck injury or something because they didn't just move him onto an ambulance.

As they (him, paramedics, police) were blocking the entrance to the pub no one could get in or out so me and my friend had to go out and direct customers to park up on the grass outside. After about an hour, maybe 2, they ended up lifting him out by helicopter. Was pretty exciting I guess. Not sure what happened to the biker, I don't think he died but we didn't hear anything about it. I hope he was ok anyway, it must have been quite a serious accident.

Bikers through Bassett story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8566626.stm

To be fair, this was a random incident he came across. The exciting life he may or may not have did not influence this.

Pretty much this. My life is usually pretty ordinary except for the odd burst of "Ooh, that looks interesting. Fuck it, I'll do it."

It was my first time seeing real life gore in person. If you've seen real life gore on the internet, you'll know that it's not like the movies at all. It's horrible.

My whole day just goes to show that the most interesting things can't be planned. The asylum itself, which should have been awesome, was a bit dull, but a normally dull car journey was the most interesting thing of the day.

I went to Epcot. You had a more fun day.

I went to Legoland.

It was neither here nor there, as it was aimed at 6 year olds, but it made for an entertaining day out.

I thanked this, but I don't agree.

Epcot stuns when you give it time.

The ride inside the Epcot Globe charms... especially the changes they've made to it recently of taking your photo and applying it (in rather lame ways yes, but still fun) to the rest of the ride.

Personally I also really enjoyed the Car Crash Test ride.

Didn't spend very long at Epcot this time, I'd kinda seen it all before, but for a change of pace it's ok.

The world pavilion, while seeming like a lot of space taken over for very little "excitement" is quite nice to walk through, as well.

And Ellen's Energy Adventure! I loved. And Mission: Space. I think they may have changed that though, too many people were dying after riding it. (I felt like dying after riding it)

The world pavilion, while seeming like a lot of space taken over for very little "excitement" is quite nice to walk through, as well.

Yeah the World Pavillion is pretty great.

Rest of the park....ugh. Report for that is Sunday so a few days away, where I will vent full feelings.

This really wasn't supposed to turn into the HWYD thread!

So yeah, an update on that lady. Basically she was hit by a guy on a motorbike. She's broke both her legs and one of her arms. She's had to have the worst leg (the one we noticed) amputated. Poor woman. The guy on the bike has been arrested for dangerous driving.

News Story