NEurope
martinist

Keep getting ID'd

I think facial hair helps (to not be ID'd). Sometimes.

At Tesco I wasn't ID'd buying drink, but my friend, who's like...6ft6 or something, was. But I was in beard mode.

I'm 24 and can hardly grow a beard, when i do it's all patchy / teenager style.

so i tend to get ID'd MORE if i havent shaved as it makes me look like a 17 year with bum fluff attempting to look older.

Fuck my life

I can't grow a beard/stache. But it's starting to grow more evenly. I didn't have to shave seriously until I was about 19, and that was about once a month.

With the stache it's amazing. I get what I call the "Reverse Hitler".

I never let it grow long enough to see if I get an actual beard. People have called my facial hair a beard though, which I never really think about.

Since getting ID, i've very rarely been asked to show it. That was even when i went to Scotland. In the whole time i was there, i was asked once. And that was in Weather-spoons on the last day.

It is their jobs at the end of the day, but it sometimes annoys me. Especially if you were served by the same person 1 day earlier and they ask you for ID the next time you are in. I did get away with it once, only because i asked for immigration papers to the person who asked me for ID. True story as well, let me have the beer because they couldn't present the papers.

I understand the night-club perspective of things, but even that annoys me. They only seem to ID the lads, never the girls (for obvious reasons). I once was out clubbing and saw 3 16 year old females go into a club without being ID'd. Reason why, they had a fair good size on the chest. Told the bouncers who told me to bugger off, so i found a cop and told him. They soon shifted into gear and got the whole club ID'd.

Other than that, i do take it as a compliment when i do get asked. Never leave without it either.

I get IDed about half the time, slightly more so after I cut my hair a bit shorter a month or so ago. It's funny though, because people think I'm either easily old enough or trying to break the law, I guess because I'm 6 foot 3 ish with a kiddy face, so it depends whether they look at the height or the face. On my sister's 18th birthday, when I would have been 15, she got IDed and I didn't. But then again when I was about 20 I got IDed buying the Spaced boxset (a 15) which I found more hilarious than anything else.

Also, my dad got IDed buying a saw in Homebase a few months ago. He's 63, mostly bald, and has grey hair with a beard. :heh:

Since getting ID, i've very rarely been asked to show it. That was even when i went to Scotland. In the whole time i was there, i was asked once. And that was in Weather-spoons on the last day.

It is their jobs at the end of the day, but it sometimes annoys me. Especially if you were served by the same person 1 day earlier and they ask you for ID the next time you are in. I did get away with it once, only because i asked for immigration papers to the person who asked me for ID. True story as well, let me have the beer because they couldn't present the papers.

I understand the night-club perspective of things, but even that annoys me. They only seem to ID the lads, never the girls (for obvious reasons). I once was out clubbing and saw 3 16 year old females go into a club without being ID'd. Reason why, they had a fair good size on the chest. Told the bouncers who told me to bugger off, so i found a cop and told him. They soon shifted into gear and got the whole club ID'd.

Other than that, i do take it as a compliment when i do get asked. Never leave without it either.

What kind of person does that?

Yeah, for some reason I always get ID'd when I'm at the cinemas seeing films that are restricted to people over 15. I'm tempted to rock up smoking a cigarette and drinking a bottle of alcohol while signing a contract to prove that yes, I am over 18, and yes, I can see MA15+ movies.

Me, because i knew them (sisters friends). Plus i was fed-up, annoyed and all that because i caught my then-girlfriend cheating on me hours earlier and needed something to cheer me up.

Yeah I get ID'd all the time and I'm 22, I don't mind it most of the time because I have my ID.

I used to get IDed quite frequently, although it doesn't seem to happen anymore. I somehow manage to get my drinks in pubs without being IDed. Although, if its a club, usually they ID everyone.

I have one story which absolutely infuriated me, though. I was going out on the town with my old housemate who I lived with in the first year of Uni, for her birthday. She brought down two of her friends from back home, but one of them had left her ID back at home (in North Wales). So, we went out, queued for a club and expected not to get in.

She could easily have been 15, or she could easily have been the right age to get in. Anyway, the bouncer speaks to her, asks her to produce ID, which she doesn't have. She spends a good five minutes pleading with the bouncer, before he lets her in.

It comes to my turn to go in, and I get refused. I produce the ID, but apparantly my converse weren't smart enough for me to be let in. Absolutely fucking retarded considering I was in the exact same place earlier in the week, wearing the same shoes...

Girls do get let off very lightly. I have to say, she had a very impressive pair of coconuts. Well, infact, they were watermelons. It was a shit situation. How could I compete with breasts?

I'm 22 and I get ID'd if I go out into town or sometimes if I'm clean shaven I'll get ID'd if I buy alcohol. Otherwise it doesn't really happen for me.

Meh I was cheeky enough to do it at eurogamer, the kid was allowed in because he was friends with a developer, either way it's illegal and I'm sorry it's not exactly fair, besides the club would soon turn around and do it if they were to get into trouble with it.

Being ID'd is understandable. Having my full driving license refused every time is accusing me of fraud. I'm looking at you, Harpenden Sainsbury's, and I'm not a happy bunny...

Edited by Supergrunch
Automerged Doublepost

Being ID'd is understandable. Having my full driving license refused every time is accusing me of fraud. I'm looking at you, Harpenden Sainsbury's, and I'm not a happy bunny...

I've been there. As many of you know, over the last few years I've lost 9 stone and until the end of last year, I didn't update my ID.

It was getting to the point where nobody was accepting even though you could tell it was me easily. At one pub, a wetherspoons, they refused to serve me and even had the managers follow me until I left while I waited for a friend who was in the bathroom. I was not happy at all.

Edited by Supergrunch

Meh I was cheeky enough to do it at eurogamer

You got the whole of Eurogamer ID'd?

Hardcore.

Some bouncers do need to learn that they can't treat people like scum and get away with it.

The ones that this guy (sorry, can't remember who did the original post!) seem like wankers who need to be shot down. If they get told that they've just let in 16 year olds without IDing and tell the person to bugger off then they deserve to get into trouble for it!

Not myself but my friend who was an indian,, When going tor clubs, the bouncers used to claim you had to be 21 to get in!!! never heard that before when I was with my white mates, but when I was with my Indian friend suddenly the rules all changed..........nob head bouncers.

in terms of getting ID'd myself, we see it as a bit of a joke now if one of me or my mates get id'd and not really that bothered, my sisters still gets id'd and she is 27!!!

You got the whole of Eurogamer ID'd?

Hardcore.

Bow to my all mighty and powerful aura.

No just one kid, he was in the over 18's and playing gears, not exactly fair on the hundreds of other parents who couldn't bring their kids in even with supervision.

In the end we were told to just ignore it, which frankly is rude and it was quite a heated discussion with the volunteers I was around.

Bouncers are actually incredibly easy to deal with if they are being douchebags, just the case of finding the right people to complain to, I find in sheffield I've never noticed an issue.

Bouncers are actually incredibly easy to deal with if they are being douchebags, just the case of finding the right people to complain to, I find in sheffield I've never noticed an issue.

Not around the area i live, they seem to think they own the club(s). Which isn't fair really, because at one point with a club which opened in Chepstow they decided who went in and who didn't, usually by how large the racks were and how much money you had. And how much of a party animal you were.

Back into the subject of my then g/f. After the event i caused, i decided to take the taxi i payed for earlier and made her pay for her own way home. Least i could do really.

Wetherspoons refused my old housemate entry just because her ID was Irish. To be fair though, she does look about 10...

I'm 22 and I get ID'd if I go out into town or sometimes if I'm clean shaven I'll get ID'd if I buy alcohol. Otherwise it doesn't really happen for me.

It's quite the opposite for me, if I let my joke of a beard grow I'm certain to get ID'd.

a bumfluff beard is like writing ID ME, FUCKER on your face.

Funny story: Corporation in Sheffield used to be notorious for letting the under age in- it was pretty much guaranteed entry at 16+.

Then a 14 year old girl got her tits out for Zoo, got published and the place was investigated by the cops. They now ID everyone

I have nothing against being ID'd - it can be inconvenient, but they're covering their arses in a reasonable manner. Telling me my ID is fake or isn't mine is accusing me of fraud, and next time my local Sainsbury's do it, I'm getting the most senior person in the building and telling informing them I'll be beginning legal action against them shortly. Simply telling the cashier there and then to accept my ID this time won't wash it - it's happened 9 times already, and they need to change their staff training big time.

I have nothing against being ID'd - it can be inconvenient, but they're covering their arses in a reasonable manner. Telling me my ID is fake or isn't mine is accusing me of fraud, and next time my local Sainsbury's do it, I'm getting the most senior person in the building and telling informing them I'll be beginning legal action against them shortly. Simply telling the cashier there and then to accept my ID this time won't wash it - it's happened 9 times already, and they need to change their staff training big time.

Or you know you could save yourself the hassle and just shop some where else.