NEurope
martinist

Keep getting ID'd

So I was in the bookie today with my parents, everything was fine for a while and I was just standing around waiting for them to finish what they were doing when all of a sudden the woman behind the counter said to my mother that I had to leave because I was "under age"

So I overhear her and I walk up to the counter and ask the lady how old she thinks I am. You know what she says? ...15

So i'm like what the hell?! and I pull out my ID, you should have seen that womans face when she realised how old I was...

Another example would be when I went into a local club and the door man puts his arm across the door and says "where do you think you're going"? So I pull out my ID and stuff and the door man actually hands it to a cop who gives it the whole dark light CSI treatment. It was embarrassing, although I think the door man was more embarrassed when he had to let me in.

This happens to me all the time, I mean for chirst sakes i'm 22 years old and I can't buy a drink, get into a club or bet on something unless I pull out that damn ID.

So anyway, how many people here still get ID'd even though they're over 18?

I always get ID'd. Everywhere, even in Gran Canaria where they don't give a crap.

I use it to my advantage to get child bus and train tickets. Way cheaper. I want to see how long I can do it for.

To get child tickets I need to be 15. And people are surprised I say when I'm in college, or if I say I'm over 16.

From you profile picture you don't look 15, especially not with that "moustache".

Most clubs always ID unless you actively look old, so you deal with it/take it as a compliment.

Otherwise, I'm half and half. Often I walk-by and no one says anything, sometimes they ID. I never get ID'd when buying drinks at least, no matter where I am. It's only ever doormen.

Places are supposed to ID anyone that looks under 25.

Although last year I was rather annoyed when Blockbuster ID'd me for a 15 rated game.

I've been ID'd for buying Rizlas, lighters and matches before -- I'm pretty sure the latter two, especially the matches, don't have an age limit.

Occasionally I'll get ID'd at a pub/club/supermarket, but It's usually hilarious when they do ask - though there are some clubs who ID EVERYONE no matter what.

Yeah I always get ID'd. Most people think I look 16/17 despite the fact I'm 24.

So I was in the bookie today with my parents

I think this might have been the issue.

I got ID'd for Modern Warfare 2 (two copies, in fact) at 7.30am on launch day in Sainsbury's after queueing for 15 minutes. I had sent off my driver's license so thankfully I had predicted the ignorance of the staff and brought along my passport.

Yup I still get ID'd

Not for DVD's, games, cinema anything like that, i just get ID'd for Alcohol at super markets or corner shops.

dont get any problems in bars / pubs anymore either.

I did a mystery shop where I had to go to tesco and buy some alcohol and see if they IDd me (Think 25). I went to 3 tescos and 2 of them didn't.

Nearly every club should be ID'ing you regardless, in sheffield there's only one club that doesn't ID that I know of and it's a shithole anyway.

I've been ID for nearly everything, infact in poundland I am not allowed to buy lighters, apparently you must be 21, which means I can easily go and buy cigarettes from sainsburies but not allowed to light them, in the end I went somewhere else to get them, but I can't recall where.

I get ID'd for buying scratch cards and I'm a 6ft 22 year old.

Height doesn't seem to make a difference, or at least anymore. I'm a 6f 4" 20 year old and i'm constantly getting asked for id.

It wasn't so bad when it was just drink and the such, but they've now started cracking down on 18 films and games...annoying.

I was going to say, doesn't martinist have a pretty full face of hair? I don't get ID'd alot anymore, though it might be because I tend to go the the same places. My local ASDA loves to ID, but I guess they're just doing their job, I expect it of supermarkets now with the whole think 25. I kinda DID get ID'd in the pub last night, I thought the woman was joking though, and I blame the two people I was with for looking too young. I wasn't even buying a drink at the time!

I think facial hair helps (to not be ID'd). Sometimes.

At Tesco I wasn't ID'd buying drink, but my friend, who's like...6ft6 or something, was. But I was in beard mode.

What I don't like is when places refuse to let you purchase things if people who are with you lack ID. I believe that is wrong. You're entitled to purchase whatever you want regardless of who's with you. I've read of instances where supermarkets refused to sell people alcohol because their kids (who were like 12/13) were with them. It's getting ridiculous, especially as it's not illegal for kids to drink alcohol. Illegal for them to buy it yes, illegal for a person to buy it for them, yes. However, if you purchase alcohol for yourself and then later decide to give it to your child then it's actually legal. People just blur the law and blanketbomb

I think I've only been ID'd twice in my life in Belgium, and that was years and years ago. Once when I went to see a 16+ film with a friend (I think we were 16) and once when going into a big club for our "last year in school party" thing, when we were 17-18.

Never been ID'd in a pub or in a store or anything like that, but then again I think they're pretty lax with age restrictions. Plus you can drink from the age of 16, and I definitely don't look 16 anymore heh.

I did have to pull out my ID to buy alcohol in the UK in a supermarket. They looked a bit funny at my Belgian ID heh.

At Tesco I wasn't ID'd buying drink, but my friend, who's like...6ft6 or something, was. But I was in beard mode.

BEARDMODE ENGAGE!

I think I've only been ID'd twice in my life in Belgium, and that was years and years ago. Once when I went to see a 16+ film with a friend (I think we were 16) and once when going into a big club for our "last year in school party" thing, when we were 17-18.

Never been ID'd in a pub or in a store or anything like that, but then again I think they're pretty lax with age restrictions. Plus you can drink from the age of 16, and I definitely don't look 16 anymore heh.

I did have to pull out my ID to buy alcohol in the UK in a supermarket. They looked a bit funny at my Belgian ID heh.

You crazy belgians with your crazy belgian way of trusting your citizens!

What I don't like is when places refuse to let you purchase things if people who are with you lack ID. I believe that is wrong. You're entitled to purchase whatever you want regardless of who's with you. I've read of instances where supermarkets refused to sell people alcohol because their kids (who were like 12/13) were with them. It's getting ridiculous, especially as it's not illegal for kids to drink alcohol. Illegal for them to buy it yes, illegal for a person to buy it for them, yes. However, if you purchase alcohol for yourself and then later decide to give it to your child then it's actually legal. People just blur the law and blanketbomb

Maaaaaan tell me about it! I swear they only started doing this shit when I was like hitting 18. Also a few years ago I was in the aforementioned ASDA with a friend(I believe we were 21 at the time), got a good few boxes of beer to the til, but we carried them there cos the aisle isn't far. So I sent my mate to get a trolley, and the woman behind the til REFUSED to start serving us until he returned(and it seemed he took a really long time too) even though I had my ID, and gave her the car park ticket for the car he drove there. I said she should just start scanning and she could confirm his when he got back, I was really annoyed and a bit offended she thought I was hanging around with kids. Kids who drive. What made it worse is that when he finally returned and showed his ID, we then had a whole fiasco with the prices/pricing of the beer/beer offer, and so we were even further delayed. Shit we could have sorted out whilst he was getting a trolley, if she wasn't being such a dick.

She served me the other day though. She remembered me.

Nearly every club should be ID'ing you regardless, in sheffield there's only one club that doesn't ID that I know of and it's a shithole anyway.

I've been ID for nearly everything, infact in poundland I am not allowed to buy lighters, apparently you must be 21, which means I can easily go and buy cigarettes from sainsburies but not allowed to light them, in the end I went somewhere else to get them, but I can't recall where.

Sheffield used to have a bad rep for having underaged kids in clubs. Because it's a student city a lot of college kids think they can risk it! The kiddy pubs 'round these parts always have bouncers for that exact reason.

Another stupid thing is that you have to be 18+ to buy knives. At argos we were selling a plastic dining set for babies... and you had to be 18+ to buy it, even though you can legally have kids at 16!

I was going to say, doesn't martinist have a pretty full face of hair? I don't get ID'd alot anymore, though it might be because I tend to go the the same places. My local ASDA loves to ID, but I guess they're just doing their job, I expect it of supermarkets now with the whole think 25. I kinda DID get ID'd in the pub last night, I thought the woman was joking though, and I blame the two people I was with for looking too young. I wasn't even buying a drink at the time!

I like to think if I get ID'd it's because they want to know where I live, coz I'm fit, innit.

SADFACE FOR THE LIES

I'm always in beard mode, and I was in a pub with my 27 year old 6ft6 mate.. and he got ID'd! Madness.

Another note - when was the last time you saw someone refused service because they were believed to be too drunk? All those drunk chavs falling over, or old men with booze on their breath get served - my mate bought ONE drink, was saved by the SAME person something like 10 minutes later and was refused service.

What I don't like is when places refuse to let you purchase things if people who are with you lack ID. I believe that is wrong. You're entitled to purchase whatever you want regardless of who's with you.

They're just trying to cover their arse, as you said:

illegal for a person to buy it for them

I've not been ID'd in awhile, mainly because I haven't been out all that often to new and exotic places where they don't know me. I've had a place ID me a couple of times, I just stared them in the face and said "I didn't bring my ID." and they let me in.

I think that's fair enough because you could easily be the one 18 year old in your group of friends going into buy booze for everyone. Although obviously your friends could wait outside.

I don't mind getting ID'd at all because I know they have. What annoys me is when the person is clearly younger than me. I've had a few people who are very obviously only 18 ID me in supermarkets etc when I've been doing a big shop and maybe bought some beers. It's pretty obvious I'm not under age.

What also annoys me is in my local Co-op back home, where all the staff know me, I still get ID'd by this bloody girl who I went to school with all my life so she knows I'm a year older than her. Why?

What also annoys me is in my local Co-op back home, where all the staff know me, I still get ID'd by this bloody girl who I went to school with all my life so she knows I'm a year older than her. Why?

She wants to get into your pants.

Nightclubs are supposed to ID you really. IF it's packed inside they do it as an excuse to filter the load. I mean why let someone who doesn't have an id in rather than someone who does..

I go to almost the same places every week out and still get ID'd, They know who I am but still.

I'm 22 and always get ID'd in stores if they haven't seen me before. In nightclubs they always ask for ID anyway. I don't think you should worry too much about it. I guess doormen do it just in case. But I guess this has been said a dozen time already...

Last year I was asked on the bus if I was "half", which means under 16.

I work in a store. We're required by law to ID everyone we sell age restricted products to we think or know is under the age of 25. If I don't ID someone who turns out to be underage I risk a £5k fine, a criminal record and the store could have it's license revoked. Also, angry gargoyles fly out of the till and rape me live on national television. So stop looking shocked when I ask you for ID, motherfuckers.

So I overhear her and I walk up to the counter and ask the lady how old she thinks I am. You know what she says? ...15

Well it's not their fault if you have the taught, supple body of a child.

Edited by gaggle64