NEurope
Dante

Tales of the Abyss

Yep, already ordered a copy! Not actually going to be playing it til like easter, though. Still got SM3DL, OoT, MK7, FreakyForms, Pullblox, SkywardSword and SaintsRow3 to all complete!

Amazon just emailed saying they title no longer available from supplier.

Switched order to play as they seem to be getting more stock.

Edited by khilafah

Damn it Amazon! Cancelled my order earlier, they got stock in at game.co.uk earlier too but by the time I got the stock alert they were sold out again..

Have ordered at Play.com. Fingers crossed.

My play order got dispatched like...yesterday or monday I think? So they had stock, and mine's on its way!

Damn it Amazon! Cancelled my order earlier, they got stock in at game.co.uk earlier too but by the time I got the stock alert they were sold out again..

Have ordered at Play.com. Fingers crossed.

I just got a stock alert at 13:10pm today about this game from them.... Cancelled orders? another batch?

How exactly do you perform Mystic Artes... I've managed to pull off two so far but no idea how I did it? I know you have to be in Overlimit and use an Arcane Arte but what else?

How exactly do you perform Mystic Artes... I've managed to pull off two so far but no idea how I did it? I know you have to be in Overlimit and use an Arcane Arte but what else?

Hold A down during the arcane art animation. The arcane art must hit the enemy as well. Guardian Field is a good move to activate it.

Is that all I was missing, haha *facepalm*

Cheers Ike now I can do Mystic Artes at will :D

Still very early on, but I'm glad to say I'm getting into it now.

I like Guy. There needs to be more representation of gay men in video games.

He's not gay, haha, he just has an abnormal fear of women :heh:

I think I'm nearing the end but Resident Evil Revelations has distracted me from Abyss, haha. I'll get back into it once I burn myself out on RE

He's not gay, haha, he just has an abnormal fear of women :heh:

Indeed - Guy comes out with more than a few lines expressing his love of the female form but if one sneaks up from behind, he's done for.

Gutted I couldn't get this game when it came out... it's a nightmare to find, even online... I have an order with Zavvi at the moment... >_> urgh

Shopto has it instock. I noticed stores are cashing in now, it's £38 at most places.

Sorry guys, I got a copy at launch but haven't touched it in months. But before you ask, I ain't selling it. My gaming backlog is massive and I haven't gotten round to getting back to playing it yet.

Aha... I'd rather not pay nearly £40 really but to be honest it beats £50 to £70 offered on ebay... sheesh :S Thanks for the tip off thought!!! :D

Edited by Deku-Nutz

Play said it was dispatched last monday, and I still don't have it! They don't normally take this long...:(

This game is really good! its turning out to be a top RPG, but i must ask, without spoilers does luke stop being such a whiny little bitch? he's a little annoying but i've noticed him whine less

Play said it was dispatched last monday, and I still don't have it! They don't normally take this long...:(

thats strange

play shipped mine and bro's today.

This game is really good! its turning out to be a top RPG, but i must ask, without spoilers does luke stop being such a whiny little bitch? he's a little annoying but i've noticed him whine less

He mellows out eventually.

Not long completed the game myself but have enjoyed it immensely. I could go back and get a few things but new games must take precedent!

Mine arrived from play yesterday - i've got about an hour into it and enjoying so far. I also have a spare copy on its way from zavvi too if anyone wants it, £36 inc postage.

I would, but I'm reluctant to order another copy if this one is on the way from play...I could buy a second and resell it for stupid prices in a few months, but I always feel bad about doing stuff like that.

Put a few more hours into this over the weekend.

I've just started the "third act" (the overworld/battle themes have changed again). Got a really sweet Bow that is way more powerful than any I've come across in the subsequent dungeons I've been to that makes me surprised you can get it that early.

I have access to the Coliseum now but even Beginner seems quite tricky right now - got to the last fight a couple of times with Luke but not managed to beat it.

Finally started to use the Fon Slot Chambers which in hindsight, I should have done ages ago since you can freely change them around if not happy... though it does reset the values.

Even after all this time though, most of the talk about fonstones, planetary storms and stuff goes straight over my head. I get the part about the score but most of the rest seems needlessly convulted.

Even after all this time though, most of the talk about fonstones, planetary storms and stuff goes straight over my head. I get the part about the score but most of the rest seems needlessly convulted.

Yeah they really did come up with a load of garbage regarding the Fon, it's really convoluted. I think they were trying too hard to make it, in some fantasy terms, believable, by explaining every intricacy of it. Simply putting it down to magic/mystery would have been more sensible.

I'm looking back on the game and kinda wishing now they had made you less of an errand boy in constantly travelling between cities you've already visited to talk to NPCs. Not better than Symphonia by a long shot really, although the cutscenes/animation is much improved.

Yeah they really did come up with a load of garbage regarding the Fon, it's really convoluted. I think they were trying too hard to make it, in some fantasy terms, believable, by explaining every intricacy of it. Simply putting it down to magic/mystery would have been more sensible.

I'm looking back on the game and kinda wishing now they had made you less of an errand boy in constantly travelling between cities you've already visited to talk to NPCs. Not better than Symphonia by a long shot really, although the cutscenes/animation is much improved.

It's far too complicated for what it needs to be and it was quite off putting in the beginning. Now I just don't pay too much attention to those bits and try to think about the big picture rather than focus on the details. I think it was part making it believable and part trying to distance itself from the typical fantasy universes.

There is a lot of back tracking and often it is for back tracking's sake. I hink the game does a good job of hiding just how many dungeons there actually are though. I didn't think there were that many but when you sit down and think about it, there are a decent amount.... though there isn't always much to do in them.

I remember seeing many people claiming this to be a much better game than Symphonia and that people only liked that one more because it was their first "Tales of..." game. I'm not convinced by this at all.

I've not finished this yet but Symphonia had a better story and I make such limited use of the Free-Run that I could easily survive playing this with the Multi Line LMBS. I do think Jade is a stand out character and I've really grown fond of Tear as a strong female lead too. After a horrible start, Luke has become much better but he now he just feels a little too much like Lloyd with his new found idealism.