NEurope
jayseven

In God We Rust: Game Thread

It would be very risky for the mafia to make one of theirs vote for someone to make a double vote. Insane, even.

I'd think that, but some people think there are 2 mafia's, Dannyboy was one of 'm. The day 0 write-up seems to suggest 2 mafia's although I wasn't convinced myself. But it would make perfect sense in this case.

################

[..]

But for Jeremiah, this wasn't a new sensation. Nor for his target this evening; the man / Noah / Chairdriver itched at that point behind his ear, barely protesting as the hulking machine picked him up and encased the man inside his chest. The man felt that he was probably letting his masters down, not being able to do what they wanted, but not as upset or as confused as he was on the previous night.

Chairdriver is roleblocked by someone just like he asked for. Probably a good thing too.

[..]

The man straightened his fedora in Magdeline's reflective front, humming a soulful tune in time with the flashes streaming in through the window, briefly illuminating the art-deco throwback furnishings that he so adored. She twitched as he re-arranged his attire in her shiny bosom. She was aware of her emotion chip's higher than average demand for energy, but she was not programmed to understand this particular output.

He was onto the tie, now. “I gotta good feeling about tonight, dollface. Better luck than last, anyway.â€

“It is possible,†He kissed the old J7PD badge on the fireplace for luck, and exited the building.

The detective, having some interaction with "Magdeline". Her description is too elaborate to be a NPC, so I assume this is a new player (and a robot at that), but I don't know what her ability would be.

Out in the hallway, waiting for him to lock the door, a square-jawed man with cement blocks for hands quietly knocked him out and dragged him off somewhere where he'd be prevented for the night. The assailant was at least kind enough to pick up the fedora before he left.

The detective gets roleblocked. I assume this is Zell? Perhaps it's better if you don't divulge your target.

The detective however didn't lock his door properly, as shortly afterwards, a smoking man entered, not before changing the number of the apartment around.

I agree with The Peeps, this is probably the lean guy followed by the weird digital thing from the previous night. Since he's redirecting here, perhaps he has a passive ability that makes him untargetable or something, explaining his bit from the last night.

The soap box was occupied, again the individual took up the same crouch as the night before. Another experiment was about to begin.

I didn't make the connection before from the previous nights, but I guess Adam is the Gargoyle, doing experiments on 2 people, so I assume this is Mundi?

Oscar never wore fedoras. In his line of work, it'd be too clichéd, he thought. He pulled at his cap, as he always did when the light was hurting his eyes. As he got to the end of the corridor, intending to go left, he was compelled to go right instead and didn't notice 'til he got home. Well damn, he thought, I hope the boss believes me.

The robot chose not to use the DATAPOL this time, instead he sought out apartment 69346. He failed to notice that the reason for his trouble locating the apartment may have had something to do with there being two apartment 66346 on this floor, now.

I don't know if he's been mentioned in previous nights? He looks like a partner of the detective.

The lightening dazzled again. It was easier to notice when the rain had let up like this. Viktor sat in his chair. Nobody else ever sat in his chair.

Head tilted but eyes alert, he ran his fingers first through his slicked-back hair then slowly picked at his moustache thinking over what he was going to do in the morning, which he knew normally took him most of the morning and afternoon to come to a conclusion, he was suddenly struck with an idea that was not his own. Nobody else sits in my chair!, he thought.

Out loud, in a voice he did not recognise, “yes they do,†he said.

?

Down in the slums of the red-light district, It pulsed through the streets, giving off small thunderous booms as It's inner workings jittered away. It was not to be stopped tonight.

“Computer, check the perimeter.â€

“Yes, doctor.â€

The doctor must've felt paranoid after the night before. Hanging his hat up in amongst the whorehouses provided disturbances not only around the clock but also there was enough gore and disgusting illnesses, as well as unusual sounds booming through the walls to disturb the mind as well. He checked and double-checked his security system, unable to settle down. He walked in circles and overworked his drinks cabinet.

“Computer, check the perimeter.â€

“Ye..schdo.. Ktooooor--†The normally almost-human voice faded. It was replaced by a strange crackling noise. The visual display on the wall began to flicker violently. The doctor got up and went to the remote unit and pressed a few buttons. The screen began a rapid slide-show – too many frames a second for the doctor to recognise at first, but almost subconsciously he must've. They were all of his own personal pictures, clips he'd recorded, documents and annotations. The lights strobed around the apartment as the doctor stood still, transfixed with fear by the monitor.

Under the gap of the front door behind him, the cloud of digits boomed silently as it poured into his apartment. It drew closer to the doctor, growing and shimmering and clicking. Just as the doctor turned, suddenly aware of the faint noises, It engrossed him, both surrounding him and passing through him.

Just as immediately as it had begun, it was over. It had left without a trace.

“Doctor,†the computer said, “my functions tell me that the perimeter is secure.â€

The doctor, eyes glazed, stood there, said nothing.

Hmm, it doesn't appear to have done any harm to the doctor, it doesn't indicate the doctor is really roleblocked or something, yet it's also not indicated the digital thing is roleblocked this time, so I assumed it succeeds in what it does. Perhaps some investigation thing, or silencer?

Up on the 409th floor, the chess game had been cast aside. The players had retired, determined to get a good start on the next day's activities.

The lift pinged.

Silently, the robot stepped out, crossed the room and entered the ajar door to one of the sleeping chambers.

The next morning the door to the other bedroom opened. This wheeled robot immediately sensed that all was not well. His master's door was shut. He rolled over to the door, not noticing the white king lay horizontal on the board.

He opened the door and let out a series of beeps, “Oh My...â€

Dannyboy-The-Dane is dead. He was Spartacus, a Liberal.

[..]

Ah well. He was indeed my partner. I'm thinking there are more of these partners working together on the Liberal side, but as of now, I don't have anyone to talk to outside the thread.

###############

One more thing..

Oi! I'll have you know I haven't missed a single acute accent on your name! :heh:

[..]

Two things:

[..]

2. Sméagol, I always knew thy proper name :( You hurt me

I'm pretty sure I've typed your name several times with accent on... Or at least in my secret notes ¬¬ I've seen loads of others do it anyway, Dannyboy never leaves it out.

I apologise..

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings! :D

I guess I notice it more when it's left out ;).

I apologise..

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings! :D

I guess I notice it more when it's left out ;).

All is forgiven, but I've got my eye on you :p

It's difficult to get the time to figure this game out right now, but whoever forced Diageo to vote hit a double voter, lucky him.

It's stuff like this -- really contrived and inorganic statements -- that make me think you're scum.

For the record, it's highly likely that Diageo is being forced, but frankly your reaction (which reeks of falseness) is as good an indicator as anything else.

Bit hostile don't you think? I'd prefer not to be called scum thanks. As for contrived and ignorant, I hardly think that being suspicious of someone using their first post of the day to start a vote with absolutely no reasoning is something to attack at all. Maybe you should be more careful with your own posts if you don't want to be seen as scum yourself.

Bit hostile don't you think? I'd prefer not to be called scum thanks. As for contrived and ignorant, I hardly think that being suspicious of someone using their first post of the day to start a vote with absolutely no reasoning is something to attack at all. Maybe you should be more careful with your own posts if you don't want to be seen as scum yourself.

I've modded a lot of games, and I know what people are like when they're scum; your post just seemed particularly "let's pretend I'm concerned".

This game is 2/3rds about reading what people say.

Maybe that's just how you talk. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if you were mafia.

Since people want to know, I targeted Diageo and ReZourceman.

Which means if Diageo is being forced to vote for someone, ReZourceman was the original target.

Since people want to know, I targeted Diageo and ReZourceman.

Which means if Diageo is being forced to vote for someone, ReZourceman was the original target.

Does that make a difference? Rezourceman was probably picked randomly.

Good to know anyway

We must have something to gain from the write-up. I agree that it is unlikely that the town have two double voters, and that Diageo may be part of a second mafia. No proof of course, and there's no point voting for him as it won't get us anywhere, but perhaps he should be looked into tonight.

In other news, this game has lost any momentum it had. Bit of a fail :(

[..]

In other news, this game has lost any momentum it had. Bit of a fail :(

A real shame yes.. I expected a lot more posts at this point.

My theorie is that there are 2 mafias, 1 predominantly consisting of robots, the other consisting of humans. All low class, and a threat to the Liberals, the high class.

I think one of the evil robots got redirected by Mundi to Diageo, with some kind of mind control ability. I believe Diageo is Viktor. In the write-up, Viktor seems to have lost his own will.. Sounds familiar. Unless of course Diageo wants to comment on it if he can?

That said, I also wonder what happened to the doctor..?

Mundi, I was thinking you were Adam (the gargoyle), is this correct? Just out of curiosity and for my notes, if you don't want to confirm it at this point I will think nothing of it.

To get things moving I'll Vote: Chairdriver. He's (one of?) the mafia's killers - he admitted it himself. Surely it's too risky to roleblock him each night?

To get things moving I'll Vote: Chairdriver. He's (one of?) the mafia's killers - he admitted it himself. Surely it's too risky to roleblock him each night?

I actually agree with you. Being under the control of the mafia makes him even more dangerous as he can't control whether or not he kills. And by asking for someone to roleblock him at night, our roleblocker/protector is being taken up. He's a killer, so we need to get rid of him. And I never trust Chair in mafia games, he's too wily :P

Vote: Chairdriver

Why hasn't the doctor freed him yet? Maybe he doesn't want to, which would be too bad for chairdriver :(

Vote: Chairdriver

Could be, note however the doctor was probably unlikely to do something about it this night, even if he's able to. And there are other killers too.

Scapegoat much...?

I assume once I'm dead they can just choose another human and use them as the killer, so killing me now doesn't solve the problem at all -- in fact you're helping the mafia by doing so because it gives them precedence to lynch the next victim, and shifts all the focus from them.

What's most interesting is that there's little action for a long period of time, then a quick succession of votes -- as though the mafia have been PMing each other to get here and vote.

Majority is 10

Nintendohnut (2): Diageo

Diegeo (1): Smeago

Chairdriver (4): Cube, Nintendohnut, Heroicjanitor, Rez

How did I know your defence would be 'oh well everyone voting must be mafia'. First of all I would not allow any mafia I was a member of to be so stupid as to all vote one after another, in any game. So just no.

Your other point about it helping the mafia... quite the opposite. If you turn out to be a liberal like you claim, then we'll know the mafia can use people to kill for them. Then, when someone else starts to kill, they will still be suspicious (as the mafia could, of course, use one of their own) but we will know what to expect. If it turns out you were lying and were actually evil... well then we've killed a mafia member. So really, its a win-win situation.

I assume once I'm dead they can just choose another human and use them as the killer, so killing me now doesn't solve the problem at all.

To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

Majority is 10

Nintendohnut (2): Diageo

Diegeo (1): Smeago

Chairdriver (5): Cube, Nintendohnut, Heroicjanitor, Rez, Zell

Does anyone have anything else?! Whilst I do believe wonder about Chair, I kinda of want to believe him since it does makes sense ish from the writeup.

His rudeness can't really be excused though.

Rudeness? What are you talking about...?

If you're referring to this:

It's stuff like this -- really contrived and inorganic statements -- that make me think you're scum.

For the record, it's highly likely that Diageo is being forced, but frankly your reaction (which reeks of falseness) is as good an indicator as anything else.

- I stand by "contrived and inorganic". The way he posts just gives me that impression.

- "Scum" is a game-specific term to refer to mafia members. I wasn't being rude.