NEurope
jayseven

In God We Rust: Game Thread

Majority is 10

Nintendohnut (2): Diageo

Chairdriver (6): Cube, Nintendohnut, Heroicjanitor, Rez, Ellmeister, dan-likes-trees

No Lynch (5): gmac, Eenuh, Chairdriver, sméagol, Zell

Edited by jayseven

We could be in a position that this game never ends. Perhaps everyone participating (regardless of potential silencees or forced voters) should be PMd?

(Or day just end)

Especially if the vote is split three ways.

The long and short of it is that as long as there's a roleblocker around, I (objectively) see no point in lynching me, because it's just a waste of a useful town power (which I can use to its full potential when I get de-chipped).

PMs sent out. If the remaining players do not cast a vote within 24 hours, tehy will be killed off, unless saved by a majority vote.

The reason I don't have a fixed time on the days is because we have a no lynch option for a reason.

I assume once I'm dead they can just choose another human and use them as the killer, so killing me now doesn't solve the problem at all -- in fact you're helping the mafia by doing so because it gives them precedence to lynch the next victim, and shifts all the focus from them.

Very good point, and for which I shall place my vote as:

Vote: No Lynch

Sorry for my absence.

The doctor isn't going to remove the chip, if anything he is the one who can put the chip in. If we lynch chair they have no killer tonight and we will see in the write-up if someone else is chipped. But for now he is just a killer with no chance of getting de-chipped.

I've not been around on N-E at all the past week or so, so for now I'll put in a Vote: No Lynch whilst I try and consider my options. Apologies all!

For the no lynchers:

Especially if the vote is split three ways.

The long and short of it is that as long as there's a roleblocker around, I (objectively) see no point in lynching me, because it's just a waste of a useful town power (which I can use to its full potential when I get de-chipped).

Which wastes our roleblocker all match and puts us no closer to garnering any more information in this regard.

chaaairrrrdrrivvverrrrr

Plus there's a very high probability that Chairdriver is making up the brain surgeon part.

The only reason for not lynching him is that the mafia could get a new killer. Which contradicts with him asking for a brain surgeon (as it would also mean that the mafia could get a new killer). The most logical answer is that the chip in his head is story-related and he's simply the mafia's killer.

Majority is 10

Chairdriver (7): Cube, Nintendohnut, Heroicjanitor, Rez, Ellmeister, dan-likes-trees, maddog

No Lynch (7): gmac, Eenuh, Chairdriver, sméagol, Zell, tellyn, dyson

If the killing-puppet idea is true and the mafia gets another killer, then surely this is just a way to make us kill off our own people?

Majority is 10

Chairdriver (8): Cube, Nintendohnut, Heroicjanitor, Rez, Ellmeister, dan-likes-trees, maddog, Dyson

No Lynch (6): gmac, Eenuh, Chairdriver, sméagol, Zell, tellyn, dyson

The week Day will end at 6pm tonight. Any posts afterwards will be disregarded.

(even though I'm going out at 4pm, you can send your night PMs to me even though I won't have done the "day blah is over" thing)

If the killing-puppet idea is true and the mafia gets another killer, then surely this is just a way to make us kill off our own people?

It probably isn't true but we'll see in the write-up if someone else is chipped. If they are going to be chipped it will probably be the doctor who puts it in so I think we can forget about freeing chairdriver.

The doctor isn't going to remove the chip

Except I've been told he will, so stop being so certain in yourself. Why else would I mention it so early in the game if there was no possibility of me being "cured"?

I'm going to vote: heroicjanitor. You're pushing so hard to kill a townie, when the problem can easily be remedied elsehow. No doubt you'll do the same thing when the next person gets chipped. Transparently scummy.

The only reason for not lynching him is that the mafia could get a new killer.

Yeah, ignore the fact I have a useful power, and I know what I'm talking about re: mafia.

I can see the mafia proboard now "Come on guys, let's lynch chair because he's a good player and we have an excuse to do so."

And they'll do the exact same thing when the next puppet gets chipped. And the town will spend the whole game killing their own.

Which contradicts with him asking for a brain surgeon (as it would also mean that the mafia could get a new killer). The most logical answer is that the chip in his head is story-related and he's simply the mafia's killer.

The most logical situation is:

- I started the game with the chip.

- The chip makes me kill instead of using my power.

- There's a role which can de-chip me.

- Once the mafia has lost their puppet, they can choose a new puppet.

Rinse and repeat.

The only safe way is to keep roleblocking the puppet, and working out who the mafia are.

Except I've been told he will, so stop being so certain in yourself. Why else would I mention it so early in the game if there was no possibility of me being "cured"?

I'm going to vote: heroicjanitor. You're pushing so hard to kill a townie, when the problem can easily be remedied elsehow. No doubt you'll do the same thing when the next person gets chipped. Transparently scummy.

Yeah, ignore the fact I have a useful power, and I know what I'm talking about re: mafia.

I can see the mafia proboard now "Come on guys, let's lynch chair because he's a good player and we have an excuse to do so."

And they'll do the exact same thing when the next puppet gets chipped. And the town will spend the whole game killing their own.

The most logical situation is:

- I started the game with the chip.

- The chip makes me kill instead of using my power.

- There's a role which can de-chip me.

- Once the mafia has lost their puppet, they can choose a new puppet.

Rinse and repeat.

The only safe way is to keep roleblocking the puppet, and working out who the mafia are.

I don't know what you don't get about this. If we lynch you and someone else is chipped, we will know. They can either come forward as you did, or we will see from the write-up someone being chipped (they're exceptionally descriptive).

Therefore, by lynching you (As I have said in the thread before but you conveniently ignored) we are in a win-win situation. If you're evil/lying then great, we've killed a mafioso. If you're telling the truth about being chipped then we've freed a roleblocker for every night, and got rid of a killer. If you're telling the truth about the mafia being able to constantly chip people (I'm not sure how you would know this but w'eva) then we are prepared for it and can deal with it properly.

Overall, by lynching you the town gains a great deal of information whatever turns out to be true. I would have thought that as you are apparently so much better at these games than everyone else, you would see it from our point of view.

Majority is 10

Chairdriver (9): Cube, Nintendohnut, Heroicjanitor, Rez, Ellmeister, dan-likes-trees, maddog, Dyson, Sméágól

heroicjanitor (1): Chairdriver

No Lynch (4): gmac, Eenuh, Zell, tellyn

Majority is 10

Chairdriver (9): Cube, Nintendohnut, Heroicjanitor, Rez, Ellmeister, dan-likes-trees, maddog, Dyson, Sméágól

heroicjanitor (1): Chairdriver

No Lynch (4): gmac, Eenuh, Zell, tellyn

You funny guy.

###############

Chair gets to live another day it seems..

Time to send those PM's people! I've sent mine.