NEurope
jayseven

In God We Rust: Game Thread

Just in case you're trying to say you specifically need a brain surgeon...

I am the doctor. I protect.

Wait, so if your power is to protect, I'm not sure what you're issue is. Why would you think you were the brain surgeon if its not in your power/role?

You said you needed a doctor. I am a doctor and my role is that I protect people. For me, that fits. I could protect you from your captors by removing the chip. A brain surgeon is a doctor and I don't see there being a specific brain surgeon character when there's a general doctor character too.

If a brain surgeon wants to come forward and tell me I'm wrong then go ahead. Until then, I'm going with the theory that you're lying.

You said you needed a doctor. I am a doctor and my role is that I protect people. For me, that fits. I could protect you from your captors by removing the chip. A brain surgeon is a doctor and I don't see there being a specific brain surgeon character when there's a general doctor character too.

My role PM specifies brain surgeon -- in a way that seems like its more than just flavour text -- hence my second post in the game (after my first, which is due to the fact I'm obsessed with Beauty & The Beast). Why would I mention it before I was accused if I wasn't concerned with being cured?

It seems very much that you've jumped to a conclusion. And unnecessarily outed your power in the process.

You could have had this planned from the start. Maybe if you stopped making stupid cryptic messages and actually contributed then you wouldn't be in this problem.

You could have had this planned from the start.

Riiiight. Because if I were mafia I'd randomly draw attention to myself like that...?

Maybe if you stopped making stupid cryptic messages and actually contributed then you wouldn't be in this problem.

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make?

I've not made a cryptic message once in this whole game.

And how am I to contribute when everyone is down my throat the whole time?

Can you fit us all at once?

Votes (9 is majority)

Chairdriver (7): The Peeps, nintendohnut, ReZ, Cube, Diageo, herojan

Riiiight. Because if I were mafia I'd randomly draw attention to myself like that...?

Yes, because being quiet as a mafia makes people suspicious of you.

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make?

I've not made a cryptic message once in this whole game.

And how am I to contribute when everyone is down my throat the whole time?

You're first post in this thread made no sense whatsoever in the context of the game.

And that was drawing needless attention to you for no reason.

You're first post in this thread made no sense whatsoever in the context of the game.

Well I explained that that was because I was obsessed with Beauty and The Beast. I meant nothing by it; something being cryptic is contingent on the person encoding it intends for it to have meaning.

Anyway, care to explain your double vote (which, on this forum is a traditional mafia power)? Care to explain yesterday and your random vote for Nintendohnut?

---

It's all very well trying to get rid of me, but surely we should be looking for the actual mafia? Rather than rushing through a day phase to lynch me, why don't we question people?

The only person I'm shown to block is the silencer.

It's very telling that someone would want to silence me.

ie. Mafia proboard: "Let's silence chair so he can't argue for himself, and we can lynch him."

Well you all guessed it, I was forced to vote for Nintendohnut.

And trying to divert attention is a classic mafia strategy.

Also double votes don't mean mafia. There have been at least 3 games I've been in where it as a townie role.

Well you all guessed it, I was forced to vote for Nintendohnut.

And trying to divert attention is a classic mafia strategy.

Also double votes don't mean mafia. There have been at least 3 games I've been in where it as a townie role.

Fine.

I'm not trying to divert attention, I'm trying to get people to see the wider perspective. *Everything* this entire game has been focused at me.

This is how the town loses. By being obsessed with specifics, and not seeing the wider picture. There's 2 mafias, right? That means at least 7 or 8 players here are scummy. So far, pretty much the only player who has been interrogated is me.

Nintendohnut has already specified why killing you will give the town a massive amount of information.

Chair, you had 9 votes yesterday when the majority was 10. The mafia wouldn't need to silence you to get you lynched. However if they wanted you to be able to use that excuse....

Nintendohnut has already specified why killing you will give the town a massive amount of information.

So will forcing all the people who aren't actually saying anything to speak.

And to be honest, I'm slightly dubious about Nintendohnut now that you were forced to vote for him. Forced votes never ever work, so it follows that the mafia invariably use it against themselves to give them an alibi.

Chair, you had 9 votes yesterday when the majority was 10. The mafia wouldn't need to silence you to get you lynched. However if they wanted you to be able to use that excuse....

How would I make an excuse if I were silenced? That makes no sense whatsoever.

----

I'm going to vote: gmac. I don't recall him saying anything ever.

Votes (9 is majority)

Chairdriver (7): The Peeps, nintendohnut, ReZ, Cube, Diageo, herojan

gmac (1): chairdriver

We're going to be distracted by Chairdriver's situation until it's been dealt with. Best to get it out of the way.

And I simply believe that he is the Mafia's killer and not a townie being controlled by them.

I'm going to vote: gmac. I don't recall him saying anything ever.

well that's because I haven't had anything to add so far, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt over this brain surgeon thing, but since it's been going since the first day and you've still not been de-chipped I'm going to assume that it's BS and you are in control of your actions

vote: Chairdriver

Votes (9 is majority)

Chairdriver (8): The Peeps, nintendohnut, ReZ, Cube, Diageo, herojan, gmac

gmac (1): chairdriver

Chairdriver is dead.

He was Dmitri, a probot.

Night 4 begins now

Send in your targets for speedy madness!

Yeah, if you don't mind a dead robot bumping the thread.. I'd love the remaining players to send in a PM, because I'd love to see how this story continues!

I fear we're getting at that point of mafia (over)saturation again.