NEurope
jayseven

In God We Rust: Game Thread

Day 5 is over.

Tellyn was Moses, a liberal.

Night 5 begins now. Send in them PMs! Let's get it going!

And, hey, let's say 48 hours to get them in.

Cube

Dan-likes-trees

Diageo

Dyson

Eenuh

Heroicjanitor

Maddog

Nintendohnut

Paj Meen Ah

ReZ

The Peeps

Zell

Noah kills the doctor.

Peeps is dead, he was Alexei, a liberal.

That means it's game over! The Skinheads win with vote majority and no other killers left in the game.

Congrats to ReZ, Diageo, Cube, Zell, Heroicjanitor.

Comiserations to the rest of ya.

Feel free to post your roles in this thread if you like, or any thoughts/abuse aimed at me.

The roles of the Skinheads:

Cube - Noah: A slavebot who is the group's only killer.

Diageo - Victor: The boss. Has a double vote.

ReZ - Oscar: An investigator.

Heroicjanitor - Boris: Likes S&M. Is a jailkeeper (roleblock/protect)

Zell - Drago: Roleblocker.

We also could win before getting majority if we killed all robots (and killers). As I'm a robot, we would have also needed to kill me.

I think we were very lucky as everyone focused on the probots. I was so convinced about Chairdriver because it seemed that we had the same role.

Which nights did you guys kill on?

And balls! I was so going to protect myself last night but I chose MadDog instead. YOU COST US THE GAME MADDOG! :santa:

Well done all

Aww it's over? I wanted to come in and be all like, "Surrender all robots among you and we will not kill you."

Aww it's over? I wanted to come in and be all like, "Surrender all robots among you and we will not kill you."

There were only two left anyway.

Which nights did you guys kill on?

Night 1: Jonnas

Night 2: Dannyboy-the-Dane (IIRC, the write-up was posted the same day that I killed him in the Pokémafia...sorry)

Night 3: Sméagol

Night 4: Paj Meen Ah (we failed)

Night 5: Ellmeister

Night 6: The Peeps

Here's the Probots team:

Collectively, you are the Probots. You believe that humans have committed the most heinous of crimes; created life purely for slavery. Despite the Liberitarian movements of the last few decades, you believe that humans must pay.

Your alignment is Probot.

Your win condition: You will all win when there are no more humans in the game, nor any other 'threats'. The latter should be clearer as the game proceeds.

Chairdriver is Dmitri:

You are the Hume (Human) slave to your robot masters. You have been enslaved via a cyborg chip implanted in your brain.

They cannot win while you are alive, but they cannot kill if you are dead! Your role is the group's killer. You still win in death if your group goes on to complete their winning condition.

Eenuh is Jeremiah, an oversized Shipping Assistant -- You are large and kind, and like to beep! and boingle! like your personal hero, R2D2, even though you can speak perfectly fine.

Your role is the Jailkeeper, or in this case, your target is encased within your shipping cavity in your chest, and they are thus both protected and roleblocked.

Paj Meen Ah is Caleb, the Probot (Pro-Robot!) leader and owner of a fine dining establishment that provides the finest WD-40 cocktails in all of Haystack! You have a double-vote and a chip on your shoulder (as well as inurEVERYTHING lol. Coz you're a robot, innit) and poisoned memories on your HDD. Those flabby fleshing fucking fools.

gmac is Jacob, a decomissioned Detective Assistant. You were let go from the force amidst unproven allegations of your bias in helping Robo-criminals get away when you were first on scene. You like cigars and find robo-kittens unbearably cute.

You can investigate and learn the role of your target.

Lastly, Jonnas is John (because I have a sense of humour). John worked in security, but since the decline in public transport sectors, he was given a hefty severance package and asked to kindly go away. He wasted all his credits on crack and whores.

You are a Role-blocker.

So the probots didn't kill anyone? I don't recall any double night kills

Chair killed Mundi on night 3.

Edit: So I was right in thinking that the probots were a mirror version of us.

Actually there were 4 robots left... There were two mafias, each with the same set of roles - 4 robots and 1 human vs 4 humans and 1 robot. Town was made up of 4 robots and 4 humans, one of each were paired up and between them could choose which of their powers they'd use that night. Most of the pairings had one powe that worked only on robots and one power that worked only on humans. Nobody seemed to crack my naming system :|

The town also had a 'cyborg' and a virus. These two moves were overly powerful gamechangers that were meant to address the balance of mafia powers, and were meant to move the game from nightspace into daytime politics, because no group was specifically good/bad, they were probot, skinhead, liberal.

Mundi was Adam the cyborg. He picked two targets and switched them. I fucked up with him the first night somehow (i forget), and he lost interest after me pissing about forever. He caused the most confusion and horror to the write-ups - one night he targetted himself and ReZ, which I attempted to write-up but it just got too paradoxical. It would've taken two attempts on Mundi's life to die. The night he had one attempt was the night he told me he wanted to quit, so my character stepped in and finished him off.

Nintendohnut was MIDAS, the virus that could affect all forms of life (if he had targetted Mundi they would've formed a new set-up mafia that would've been mental). His targets would be silenced after one post in the thread (... because I forgot to PM the silenced person before the write-up, but actually liked it this way). His target would be roleblocked that night, then would be silenced the next day, then would HAVE to target whoever nintendohnut sait to target. Unforch, nintendohnut was often blocked, and one night after he had targetted Peeps he didn't send in the role he wanted peeps to do the next day.

The game started well, but I think the probots were savaged quickly and no attention EVER went on the skinheads. This has to be my fault for stretching the game out, and I accept all blame.

The mafia were told that in order to win not only did they have to have majority, but they had to get rid of all of a certain race type. This was supposed to encourage the possible scenario where robots and humans really go all-out against each other in the day phases, but I don't think I thought that through far enough.

Thanks for participaing everybody. I do want to do another mafia again, but I think there's a BISH to do first...

I like the role descriptions. I think mine said something about me being a pervy red-light district doctor. I took the job because I like the boobs.

Nintendohnut was MIDAS, the virus that could affect all forms of life (if he had targetted Mundi they would've formed a new set-up mafia that would've been mental).

^haha

Roles were brilliant. This was a cool game but it could indeed have been awesome. It's a shame the delays caused so much inactivity but there's no point having a whine about it. I enjoyed this mafia while it lasted (which was actually a while).

IT TOOK AGES

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

I tried to give everyone descriptions so that they'd easily recognise themselves in the write-up. This quickly boiled down to using the same few traits because even I had forgotten who was who. In my last mafia I had memorised each character, but this time my naming system made it too hard to remember it that way.

I kept forgetting my own name as well.

I didn't really know the other group were skinheads. I figured there was bound to be another group, but I never really knew who they were etc.

Also didn't help that every day we seemed to lose someone from the team, or that chairdriver got found out (meaning I had to protect/roleblock him, meaning no kills).

I don't think we got any kills at all? I'm not sure, I don't know what our targets were.

Ah....robots have biblical names.

I caught on to that early on but it didn't help as no one was coming out and saying 'I'm Noah' or whatever.

And Diageo I was only joking, Jayseven named Ellmeister, Eli and Jonnas, John as a joke.

Yeah, and there was a red herring - Zell was Drago, which I thought some might think was Diageo's character!

The humans were supposed to have baltic/russian sounding names.