NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Welcome to another episode of "drahkon embraces consumerism":

61osdXiMceL._AC_SL1500_.jpg713tJZZHYtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0Mg5RfMROYLvg3djOKzGMIyhcvPGa22pUJ7WpFh3ccXI7IGGe

Yes, everything for my Steam Deck :p

I also bought more sushi rice and nori leaves because I fucking love sushi!

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

5021408.jpg

I tried making the switch over to iPhone earlier this year and found it fine but in the end I really did find myself missing Android and especially foldables. I was originally going to look at getting the Samsung Z Fold 5, an upgrade from my old Z Fold 3 until I saw a review of the new OnePlus Open and I was really impressed so decided to try it out as it was in the Black Friday sale.

Edited by Happenstance

9 hours ago, Happenstance said:

5021408.jpg

I tried making the switch over to iPhone earlier this year and found it fine but in the end I really did find myself missing Android and especially foldables. I was originally going to look at getting the Samsung Z Fold 5, an upgrade from my old Z Fold 3 until I saw a review of the new OnePlus Open and I was really impressed so decided to try it out as it was in the Black Friday sale.

I'm full on envious of that. I'm itching to get a foldable, but I've been on Chinese phones for so many years paying out max of about £400-£500 per phone that a foldable just feels like too much of an expense.

I'm full on envious of that. I'm itching to get a foldable, but I've been on Chinese phones for so many years paying out max of about £400-£500 per phone that a foldable just feels like too much of an expense.
I'm with you there. Bought the Poco F5 at launch for £250 from AliExpress...just makes expensive phones seem such a waste of money once you go down this route. Crazy how much you get for the price.
  • Like 1

For some PS5 co-op goodness:

image.png

For some Steam Deck goodness:

image.png

image.png

For some onigiri goodness:

image.png

On 22/11/2023 at 1:41 PM, Mr_Odwin said:

I love foldables. The only reason I moved away from the Z Fold 3 was that I thought the software still needed optimising and figured it would take another generation or two. I was planning on waiting until the Z Fold 6 but I got my 3 out the other day to test a website on Android and it just felt great to use again, plus there did seem to have been a good deal of work done on the software side since I last used it. The iPhone experience is great but it's not interesting or new and that's what I like in my tech. As I said, after that I looked at the Fold 5 for a bit until I came across a review on the OnePlus Open after that and seeing it's Black Friday discount I couldn't help myself.

Bought/ordered a few Christmas presents.

I asked my sister if she needed anything and she said: "Nah, I got everything...but a voucher for a hardware store always works." So I got her that.
Will also buy her a local liquor:

aachener_domliqueur_350ml.png

For my mom:

71xIEPhEHrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

She has started going to the gym again, so I figured this might help :)
Will also get her a Nintendo eShop voucher and make her buy Stardew Valley. I told her for years that she will like this game (she loves the Story of Season series, Harvest Moon and stuff like Disney Dreamlight Valley). I will tell her: "Buy it, and if you don't like it you haven't wasted your own money so no big deal :p."

Might also get some local sweets for both (and myself :D).

And here's another episode of "drahkon buys more stuff for himself":

Some cheap earphones for use outside:
51S96pClR-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Some more expensive earphones for use at home:

image.png

Also paid for two trips: One to Heidelberg (Germany) and one to Groningen (Netherlands).
Both are events by student initiatives in these towns.

Heidelberg: weekendtrip with a dance lesson (gonna be a disaster :laughing:), a visit of the city's castle and a gala ball (not sure if it's a correct translation...it's literally the same words).
Groningen: will spend 6 days (including New Year's Eve) in this city with parties, ice skating, wine tasting and beer cantus. Oh and we'll all sleep on a ship every night :o

Edited by drahkon

I saw this animatronic Star Wars toy on the Tested YouTube channel around a year ago and thought it looked really cool. I've not seen the show its from, so I don't actually know anything about it other then its a Star Wars Droid, but it reminded me of the Robots from the 80's movie Batteries Not included, so I picked it up on a recent sale a week or so ago:

jGokwOZ.jpg

NEbj4eA.jpg

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

Analogue-Pocket-Console-Black.jpg?fit=fi

I'm basicly spending £200 to play my copy of pokemon pinball and pokemon blue / yellow. I guess i'll start collecting gameboy games.

• Like 2

Coincidentally I was looking at GBA SPs on eBay yesterday because a while back I found my copies of Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver at my mom's and want to see if the internal batteries have died. 

• Like 2

Tears of the Kingdom is the only 2023 game I've played this year, so I've use Christmas money for a few more. After multiple factors, I settled on these two:

xUkpDBJ.jpg

gm9Db9R.jpg

I've also ordered a Steam Deck so me and my girlfriend can get back into both gaming at the same time.

9UxQ0Yf.jpg

Bought in the looser sense of the word, by exchanging points on the Nintendo store, like cash, like a transaction... ¬_¬

s-l1600.jpg

I was tempted to go for the Mario bag, as I don't really play the Kirby games (can't think of one I've invested more than 10 minutes in), but this looks much cuter/less garish than bright yellow.

s-l1600.jpg

I have a thing for notebooks...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

a1b62b1d-8247-4dba-830c-864b109bf091.jpg

I'm not proud about how much I paid for this.

Edited by martinist
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, martinist said:

a1b62b1d-8247-4dba-830c-864b109bf091.jpg

I'm not proud about how much I paid for this.

Go on...

15 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Go on...

£70 I've seen it go for much more, but I still feel kinda bad for paying that much for it.

21 minutes ago, martinist said:

£70 I've seen it go for much more, but I still feel kinda bad for paying that much for it.

Is that it? It usually goes for at least £150. Is it complete?

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is that it? It usually goes for at least £150. Is it complete?

no pokewalker, but aside from that, its complete.

• Like 1

£70 - £85 is around the general price for a copy of Pokémon Heart Gold, in its plastic DS box, with manuals etc.

With everything... including the foiled outer cardboard box, the Poké walker, and the belt clip, it can cost anywhere from £150 -  £200 depending on condition.

I'd say you got a good deal.

20 hours ago, martinist said:

no pokewalker, but aside from that, its complete.

Is the game card black? I hope for your sake it's not grey.