N-Europe

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia

Diageo

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great game! Although I must admit, I called your bluff with your lynch, Jonnas. :heh: I didn't actually investigate you, but it was obvious you were mafia. I was going to sacrifice myself to expose you when you were trying to coax me into revealing what had happened to me during the night to lead me to think that ReZ was evil (the mafia forced my vote, just to explain that incident), but you actually had me convinced until the game didn't end with Jayseven's death. Sneaky bugger!

On that note, I'm quite surprised that there seemed to be only one attempt on my life.

You needn't die that time.

I just wanted to prove you were a quack investigator, so we shouldn't lynch Rummy. Killing you was an entirely secondary alternative :heh:

Besides, you were always more useful to us alive. I was surprised that townies didn't target you more often.

Ah, so it has come to an end? At least my (quick) death was not in vain :P.

Cool roles Diageo, although I gathered as much from reading the write-ups ;).

If anyone's interested in bonus material, I have a break-down of night 3 which I PM'd to Diageo (with some totally off speculations :P).

Well played all. I AM starting to think that writeups make it quite hard for the mafia sometimes, and tbh that whole day reversal really messed us up, we might have been able to pull it off if it weren't for that. Even so, a good and enjoyable game, well done to all!

I loved my role just because it was so interesting. But it was almost impossible for me to win after lucario was killed. Targeting jigglypuff would have made things extremely interesting as would have know everything about the mafia. But yeah, I basically couldn't win.

And rummy I had to kill Rez, it was part of my win condition! I was confident at the start, I knew lucario and pikachu. Bt when Jay was killed the whole game got 10x harder for me. Still, like I said I lived my role. Just a shame I never got to use charizard. What would my power have been diageo? I thought your roles were fantastic, people like sakis having a choice between. Definitely a good game, well done. The only thing was the rewinding of time, it literally changed the whole game. My team mate was killed by Rez which ruined things for me, then I had to kill Rez which ruined t for the mafia too. That's my only criticism though, I enjoyed the game a lot

I enjoyed being lucario, it really messed with the write-ups and gave me a feeling that I had an extra importance in the game - was great! ... Then I died. I came back as mafia but then the info of the night before became unusable -- diageo didn't really alter my last targets :P

I did think that it was a bit iffy, though; I was under teh impression that anyone targetting my targets would end up targetting the other target (can never say taht well), but in the post that I was killed in, it appeared that my targets also carried out each other's targetting, too... BLEH TOO CONFUSING!

I really think we had a good chance of framing eenuh :P But I didn't pursue it enough, really.

Coming back as wario was a bit tricky as everyone knew I was evil, and internet connection woes made it tricky to discuss with my team enough... And yeah, we were a bit dicked by the day phase being re-opened.

I loved my role just because it was so interesting. But it was almost impossible for me to win after lucario was killed. Targeting jigglypuff would have made things extremely interesting as would have know everything about the mafia. But yeah, I basically couldn't win.

And rummy I had to kill Rez, it was part of my win condition! I was confident at the start, I knew lucario and pikachu. Bt when Jay was killed the whole game got 10x harder for me. Still, like I said I lived my role. Just a shame I never got to use charizard. What would my power have been diageo? I thought your roles were fantastic, people like sakis having a choice between. Definitely a good game, well done. The only thing was the rewinding of time, it literally changed the whole game. My team mate was killed by Rez which ruined things for me, then I had to kill Rez which ruined t for the mafia too. That's my only criticism though, I enjoyed the game a lot

If you had recruited Jigglypuff, you would know exactly who killed Jayseven and could have won.

If you do another Brawl mafia, I would suggest using old characters, and possibly bosses/assist trophies/background characters and the like for characters. When you have only a small amount of very distinct characters to choose from, it can become very easy to work out characters from simple descriptions.

I've read this properly now, and I've got to say, those roles were actually pretty damn frickin amazing! However, I agree with what's been said about the town basically being far too powerful.

The writeups were too detailed and gave them power, and the mafia stood little chance off of this. Yet having said this, we were rather really very nearly close to closing this deal with some awesomeness, however, this was fucked by my biggest gripe of the game;

The reversal of a solidly stated day/night phase. Don't set limits unless they're to be stuck too, forum issues or not(which from what i gather werent that major in this case), AND if that issue does come up, put it up for discussion in the thread somehow.

Having said this and judging the imbalances, I think the mafia did a proper well fine job to get where did, but basically after that night reversal, we were forever buggered. I'd be very interested in another style mafia, as long as the rules/phases are set out straight.

It massively affected mine. You were lynched, which killed Dyson my team mate, which meant not only did I lose a team mate but I had to kill you, then I revealed myself as evil, then after that a series of events followed that caused me to lose. It all stemmed from that day lengthening because dyson wouldn't have died if we hadn't had time to lynch you, and after that I had no hope of winning.

Sorry, it was the next day. Still, what happened was that Dannyboy told everyone that he was jigglypuff, which he wouldn't have done if the day had ended. Then I contributed to getting him lynched and when he was lynched I lost. That is why it went badly; if the day had ended I would have still been in the game. In targeting dannyboy I revealed my plan to the mafia, which basically lost me the game. My only option was to try and get him lynched.

Basically it ruined the game for me, and by the sounds of it, the mafia. It would have been interesting to see who would have won if it hadn't happened.

Basically, with one more of our mafia surviving, we'd've had a night kill then effectively a majority, as we could make one of you lot vote for who we tell you to, then with our 5 (4?) votes plus one other's (and anyone else who fell for it, I think we were considering setting tellyn up? I can't remember)... essentially leading to a night-kill and majority in the bag.

We would've gone for Nintendohnut, actually. The plan was I would investigate Dannyboy, the write-up would show me strangling Ness and then I would say "I investigated Nintendohnut last night!".

But alas...

Then I would have roleclaimed as Poke trainer and I think people were suspicious enough of you to believe me. Probably.

I still don't see how. If Dannyboy didn't die, the players would have been;

-Cube

-Jonnas

-Mundi

-The Peeps

-Rummy

-Paj Meen Ah

-Jayseven

-Tellyn

-Eenuh

-Ellmeister

-Dannyboy

-Nintendohnut

Mundi had voted for Nintendohnut. Nintendohnut was 2 votes away from majority at one time. Jayseven and Rummy had yet to vote.

After the night kill. And with Dannyboy's extra vote. Majority would have been reached by the mafia. The peeps lowered majority with a voteblock.

Then I would have roleclaimed as Poke trainer and I think people were suspicious enough of you to believe me. Probably.

We only needed one person to fall for it, though. No one knew who you really were, except for me (and by extension, the mafia) and Mundi (who we wanted to kill for this plan).

I still don't see how. If Dannyboy didn't die, the players would have been;

-Cube

-Jonnas

-Mundi

-The Peeps

-Rummy

-Paj Meen Ah

-Jayseven

-Tellyn

-Eenuh

-Ellmeister

-Dannyboy

-Nintendohnut

7 was the majority. With the voteblock, the majority would be lowered to 6. With the forced vote, we would get an extra vote.

Plus the nightkill...

Without the night reversal, Mundi was our only obstacle. Ellmeister too, but we didn't know this back then.