NEurope
Frank

Going back to work/school/college?

Right, seeing as September is coming very soon and usually that's the time people go back to work/school/college etc. and tomorrow I have to go back to school :'(

It's also my final year, so time for the Leaving Cert *gulp*

It also kinda sucks that most of my friends aren't back until the day after tomorrow, boo!

Anyway, to try and make myself feel better :p, is anyone else going back to work/school/college soon? Or already back?

Just thought I'd like to mention that I won't be posting as often as usually I post at like 3 or 4 in the morning but with school that won't be happening :p

I started on college again last week, my second year. Other than that I don't what to say.

going....back.....to work?

I never got time off this summer =P (or last year!)

tomorrow and Wednesday is the first leave I've had since April!

going....back.....to work?

I never got time off this summer =P (or last year!)

tomorrow and Wednesday is the first leave I've had since April!

Yes, i'm going back to work. First time at work since Saturday.

Maybe you work as a teacher/in a teaching-based environment. ITS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU RAINING! :p

I am going back to uni (although I didn't really leave as I was notetaking for the last year which was basically uni + money - coursework. I am doing a postgrad and so excited :D Although not so excited about being broke but oh well. Start on the 27th...well enrolment is on the 27th and lectures start 4th October.

Starting postgrad also, although in October. I'm now in the same year as you Ashley, so officially the same age.

Maybe you work as a teacher/in a teaching-based environment. ITS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU RAINING! :p

I am going back to uni (although I didn't really leave as I was notetaking for the last year which was basically uni + money - coursework. I am doing a postgrad and so excited :D Although not so excited about being broke but oh well. Start on the 27th...well enrolment is on the 27th and lectures start 4th October.

oh yeah because teachers are the majority of employment in the uk/europe/world ;)

After 7 hours tomorrow, I'm off work... for good, so I can go back to University at the end of September. Turns out freshers' week is actually a fortnight so even though I move into halls on Sat 18th, I won't have to strain any grey matter for another 2 weeks!

Edited by Captain Falcon

Throughout the whole of August I've been moving large amounts of fabric from the first floor of one mill to the sixth floor of a mill a few miles away using our hands, a pump truck and a fairly small van. I can look forward to getting back to my computer stuff by the end of next week.

I'm taking a break year from studying and have got a job as a substitute teacher. I haven't had the chance to substitute yet (darn healthy teachers), but I have applied for a teacher's position at a school for young people. Best case scenario, I may get to teach a Latin course! :D

Going to Uni proper in 18 days or so, Kingston University to study Filmmaking: Design and Production. I've completed my Art and Design foundation course (which is usually essential) this past year since leaving school.

Nervous, but loving the fact I'm going.

Actually going to school tomorrow to enrol myself into the teacher training course (which you can only do after completing your master's degree). I actually reallllly don't want to do this (placements will be the worst parts), but people are telling me I should do it. Plus I don't know what else I could/should do...

Start is on September 20, way too soon. =(

Unfortunatley as mentioned by other members, going back to work doesnt seem as much as a big deal as going back to School or college.

I'm now stuck working here with no holiday till December 19th, then i'm off till 3rd January. so i have a lovely 4 months of solid work (excluding weekends)

:(

I am going back in September to start my second year at Uni. :grin:

cba with freshers/attempting to make friends this year though. I'mma sit in my cave eating. :)

I go back to uni 28th of September. However Freshers starts on the 18th and we've decided as we're going into 4th year we're going to go out every single night for it for one last send off, starting the 19th. Can't wait for that.

8 nights out in a row, going to be just like holiday because we'll have nothing on during the day as I've taken time off work!

I think the reason the OP put work is because while in education (at least for me) September feels like the "real" new year.

I often use the terminology saved for new year in reference for September and then have to correct myself by saying "academic year" or whatever.

But I love September, it really does feel like the new year for me.

I've always kind of ignored new year resolutions etc, and saved them for September when it really does feel like a fresh start.

Anyway, I start placement tomorrow and I can't friggin' wait!

Not long until I'm back at Uni. Third year, first year of my degree years. Hopefully I'll be able to get good enough grades to pass on through to fourth year, although now I'm on the one subject (psychology) I'm likely to be less distracted and should be able to focus more.

Matriculate at some point next week. So long as I've done it before next Friday I'm fine. Never bothered with any of the Freshers stuff up here. Never had anything that has interested me, although Pendulum are doing a DJ set this year which could be good but even then, I'm sure the music will be too dance for my tastes.

And then lectures start on the 14th. Looks a bit earlier than most people, but from the prelim timetable I'm seeing I'll finish lectures in mid November this year, which is a nice change from going all the way up to christmas.

I've been off uni/work for 5 months - yes 5 months. University has the longest summer holidays I have ever witnessed in my life.

I'll be going back end of september to start my final year at uni. I'm pretty much cacking myself, having to sort my life out for next year and do a final year at uni at the same time? How do people cope?!

I've been off uni/work for 5 months - yes 5 months. University has the longest summer holidays I have ever witnessed in my life.

I'll be going back end of september to start my final year at uni. I'm pretty much cacking myself, having to sort my life out for next year and do a final year at uni at the same time? How do people cope?!

I graduated over a year ago and it still hasn't got me anywhere :hmm:

When I finished university, I had so much to look forward to! Everything was coming together and I could be positive about the future :hehe: ..but everything has gone to hell in 2010 and it's difficult to find any optimism these days..

I'm sure you'll be OK though :indeed:

I graduated over a year ago and it still hasn't got me anywhere :hmm:

When I finished university, I had so much to look forward to! Everything was coming together and I could be positive about the future :hehe: ..but everything has gone to hell in 2010 and it's difficult to find any optimism these days..

I'm sure you'll be OK though :indeed:

Play some Nintendo 64 and go back to the golden days for a short while. It'll all feel better then!

Play some Nintendo 64 and go back to the golden days for a short while. It'll all feel better then!

I was playing Pilotwings 64 and Goldeneye the other day and it was all good :hehe:

The N64 may not be able to solve my problems.. but at least it provides the therapy I so desperately need :heh:

Anyway, I prefer being at work when everyone has gone back to school or university as it generally means there is a significantly smaller number of annoying people in the shop..